Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

You could add making life difficult to go to away games and making our support look piss poor as well as overseeing a big reduction in revenue to the club when you take away the tv money simply in the name of cutting costs I presume. We 'have no money' because there's no interest in driving the club on.

Apparently we are pushing the plan to have £20 away tickets for every ground (We'll charge them £20 if they charge us).

I know. Be nice if they scrap the 'members/ST only' rule on getting an away ticket, scrap the £1 extra charge per ticket and scrap the minimum allocation policy.

Oh aye, I know, but if we could get a £20 ticket for Arsenal (or even fucking Norwich) that'd be a start

Remember the early days when Ashley used to stand with the fans knocking the beer back in his Toon top. That's were he worked his magic when he got everyone onside. Looking back it was probably all part of his master plan let them think I'm one of the boys then they'll accept any shit I throw at them. Sadly all he's interested and all he's ever been interested is your money he's not bothered about the football side of Newcastle United Football Club he's not interested how you or I feel about the way he runs things. Because he knows that no matter what every home game there's approximately 50,000 fans in St James Park spending money and week in week out he takes the piss out of that loyalty.

I don't think it was a masterplan. He's a pisshead that dances round topless at Sports Direct parties as well.

I'm sure he would like to think of us all being on the same side. They are at sports direct because his staff love the bonus culture he promotes (while they continue to grow at least) and his customers love the cheapest of the cheap tat he puts on the shelves.

Unfortunately, quality footballers and managers can demand top dollar as a flat wage, unlike menial minimum wage staff, and NUFC customers want the exact opposite of a cheap and nasty product, so the methods which come naturally will only antagonise where they have succeeded for him the past 20 years.

Planned for this saturday by another Ashley out group, along with a march before the match

So many half arsed god awful cringeworthy attempts at protest.

people feel impotent so theyre doing something. even if it is a bit futile.

most people are against "the man"...whether its someone like Ashley, big business harming the enviroment, government etc etc...look what we acheived by a bit of action 20 odd years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF5-enWLYGU

That basically got rid of an unfair tax and brought down Thatcher :)

So as long as they take a scaffold pole each Ashley should be gone by Monday morning :good:

The alternative to the poll tax was council tax though, right?

I don't see any credible alternative to Ashley at the moment.

No-one is going to make a £400m investment while america's AAA rating is being questioned.

What are their demands?

"We're giving Ashley two days to dismantle the entire apparatus of the Sports Direct Empire and if he doesn't agree immediately we execute her."

"Cut her head off?"

"Cut all her bits off, send them back on the hour, every hour, tell him we're not to be trifled with! And of course, we point out that he bares full responsibility when we chop her up and that we shall not submit to blackmail!"

No-one is going to make a £400m investment while america's AAA rating is being questioned.

Aye but it's nice to get things off your chest though. :lol:

"We're giving Ashley two days to dismantle the entire apparatus of the Sports Direct Empire and if he doesn't agree immediately we execute her."

"Cut her head off?"

"Cut all her bits off, send them back on the hour, every hour, tell him we're not to be trifled with! And of course, we point out that he bares full responsibility when we chop her up and that we shall not submit to blackmail!"

:lol:

NO BLACKMAIL!!

people feel impotent so theyre doing something. even if it is a bit futile.

most people are against "the man"...whether its someone like Ashley, big business harming the enviroment, government etc etc...look what we acheived by a bit of action 20 odd years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF5-enWLYGU

That basically got rid of an unfair tax and brought down Thatcher :)

So as long as they take a scaffold pole each Ashley should be gone by Monday morning :good:

Apathy rules now.

I think the fundamental unfairness was pretty much illustrated by my family, which went from my old man paying a tax on the rateable value on our home and his small joiner's workshop which was easily affordable, to all five of our family paying the same, with my mother a housewife and me, my brother and sister all at various stages of YTS or training/apprenticeships, none of the 3 of us earning more than £40 a week.The sum went from around £500 in rates to 3k in poll tax. The Duke of Roxburghe is the local landowner paid the same as me. The richest man in Scotland saw his circumstances radically improve on the back of our struggle to pay even half the amount we owed.

Agreed about Ashley, his is the only game in town as we speak. Till he accepts the Keegan Consortium's offer ;)

I think the fundamental unfairness was pretty much illustrated by my family, which went from my old man paying a tax on the rateable value on our home and his small joiner's workshop which was easily affordable, to all five of our family paying the same, with my mother a housewife and me, my brother and sister all at various stages of YTS or training/apprenticeships, none of the 3 of us earning more than £40 a week.The sum went from around £500 in rates to 3k in poll tax. The Duke of Roxburghe is the local landowner paid the same as me. The richest man in Scotland saw his circumstances radically improve on the back of our struggle to pay even half the amount we owed.

Aye, exactly, so that got scrapped and they valued properties into bands and charged those households rather than individuals.

When did the McKeag protests get serious? Was it ahead of Hall showing his appetite for taking on the club or only once everyone saw the alternative that was available?

Aye, exactly, so that got scrapped and they valued properties into bands and charged those households rather than individuals.

When did the McKeag protests get serious? Was it ahead of Hall showing his appetite for taking on the club or only once everyone saw the alternative that was available?

As far as I remember the first "sack the board" chants were around the christmas of 88 i.e. we knew we were going down then, 4 months after Gazza was sold. Simpler times in those days, and the average teenager's football knowledge is far more broad and refined nowadays due to mass media/internet, but on top of the sales of Waddle and Beardsley it was the last straw for many. It was definetly the first time I'd heard the phrase "lack of ambition" in conjunction with NUFC, but sadly not the last. Am pretty sure Hall wasn't a figure to rally round during sit down protests on the Gallowgate or in the road outside the Strawberry, it was just youthful exuberance mostly. Me and my mate Gog were on front page of the Journal at the time, I think the picture is on that facebook page with all the old NUFC piccies on it.

I don't think I'd heard of "the magpie group" or whatever Hall and co called themselves till the second season in divi 2, but I could be wrong in that. Think they were definetly active 89ish . By 91 he was in the Journal every day though.

That's rich

From the Telegraph on Thursday - perfect timing then for our Director of f***all to swing into action and secure some transfer funds for Alan Pardew as he has pledged.

Don't hold your breath.

Mike Ashley, the owner of Newcastle United, has sold £106m worth of shares in Sports Direct, eight months after pledging that he would not sell any of his holding for at least a year.

The announcement of the sale sent shares in the retailer down 4% on Thursday due to the hefty discount Mr Ashley sold the 2.7% holding for.

The sell-off is Mr Ashley’s second this year, following a £100m sale in February, during which his holding company agreed not to sell any more of his stake for at least 12 months.

The agreement is not binding, but selling during a lock-up period of this kind is unusual. It is understood that Mr Ashley had requested that the lock be waived and house brokers Goldman Sachs agreed to the sale.

The decision to waive the lock was taken due to Sports Direct’s recent strong stock market performance, indicating a high level of demand for shares.

Shares have risen by more than 75pc since the start of the year, and the retailer was pushed into the FTSE 100 list of Britain’s most valuable companies last month.

The sale means Mr Ashley, who founded Sports Direct 30 years ago, now owns 61.7pc of the retailer, valued at £2.5bn.

In February, Mr Ashley sold 4.18pc of Sports Direct at 400p a share, earning him £100m. That sell-off was the first time Mr Ashley had sold any shares in Sports Direct since its flotation in 2007.

On Wednesday, the same day the share sale took place, Sports Direct reported a 15pc rise in nine-week sales to £464m and a 19pc increase in gross profits due to strong trading during the crucial back to school period.

That must make him worth over £3 billion now?

Edited by ewerk

:lol: No chance. Certainly not based on their current exposure at SJP.

How much?

£1, £100? £100,000?

We're a club moaning like fuck about not being able to compete yet I'm yet to be convinced we're making a determined effort to grow our 'brand'. Giving away free advertisng shouldn't be happening. That's no :lol: matter.

The advertising revenues and growing our brand are two different things.

I'm no expert but I don't think that the value of SD's advertising at the stadium is worth millions, certainly not enough to make a difference to our ability to compete. It's simply one of the benefits to Ashley in owning the club.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt