Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Why is it not worth bothering with? Shepherd rightly got stick for charging stuff to NUFC like warehouses that weren't needed (certainly at the price charged), why the fuck should this bloke get off with a shrug of the shoulders? :lol:

This is the club who shut down parts of the ground to save money, the club that add a £1 for every away ticket, a club that switched off the escalators in their prestige entrance to save money, the club where Directors of football, (well that's his title, anyway), write (allegedly himself) that we can't compete with Spurs we're that poor, the Manager says our pockets are empty, our last Chairman said we have to wipe our own nose. Why are we giving away free advertising then? What if every advertising space, if truly unsold (Whey aye!) :lol: not go to something like the Sir Bob foundation?

This bloke hasn't earned any trust or goodwill whatsoever to give him the benefit of any doubt for me. You and some others might not think it's worth the bother, I and others do. Might as well leave at that, to be honest.

Why is it not worth bothering with? Shepherd rightly got stick for charging stuff to NUFC like warehouses that weren't needed (certainly at the price charged), why the fuck should this bloke get off with a shrug of the shoulders? :lol:

This is the club who shut down parts of the ground to save money, the club that add a £1 for every away ticket, a club that switched off the escalators in their prestige entrance to save money, the club where Directors of football, (well that's his title, anyway), write (allegedly himself) that we can't compete with Spurs we're that poor, the Manager says our pockets are empty, our last Chairman said we have to wipe our own nose. Why are we giving away free advertising then? What if every advertising space, if truly unsold (Whey aye!) :lol: not go to something like the Sir Bob foundation?

This bloke hasn't earned any trust or goodwill whatsoever to give him the benefit of any doubt for me. You and some others might not think it's worth the bother, I and others do. Might as well leave at that, to be honest.

Exactly this.

It's not worth worrying about because:

i. Worrying about it or protesting about it will change nothing.

ii. I don't think that it really has had a massive impact on our transfer budget. We have plenty of excess cash due to the new TV deal and the club had no plans to spend big, the value of the SD advertising is a drop in the ocean compared to that.

iii. Of all the cuntish things that Ashley has done it's pretty far down the list in terms of importance. Changing the team's colours to red and blue is pretty much the only thing he could do now that would really surprise me. It's at the point where I'm simply 'thankful' that he hasn't taken money out of the club in the form of his loan.

My expectations of Mike Ashley and the club in general while he owns us have been successfully lowered.

Edited by ewerk

It won't be a victory, he won't be dragged down the street by a mob of angry fans. He'll go on his own terms when it suits him. Aside from a complete boycott I don't see how fans can put pressure on him and even in that situation I think he'd be spiteful enough to say fuck it and sell anyone worth selling and replacing them with League 1 players.

It's not worth worrying about because:

i. Worrying about it or protesting about it will change nothing.

ii. I don't think that it really has had a massive impact on our transfer budget. We have plenty of excess cash due to the new TV deal and the club had no plans to spend big, the value of the SD advertising is a drop in the ocean compared to that.

iii. Of all the cuntish things that Ashley has done it's pretty far down the list in terms of importance. Changing the team's colours to red and blue is pretty much the only thing he could do now that would really surprise me. It's at the point where I'm simply 'thankful' that he hasn't taken money out of the club in the form of his loan.

My expectations of Mike Ashley and the club in general while he owns us have been successfully lowered.

He has hasn't he?

Aye, you're right. he took £11m back. I was thinking of the £18m he was due to take back last year but didn't.

My basic point is that the SD advertising doesn't register when it comes to the cuntish things he has done over the last 5 years.

Yeah, the £18m wasn't paid. When you've already cashed in over £200m over shares you'd wonder what would motivate him to take back £18m for a club that apparently can't afford to buy a player.

The shopping experience in SD is like the flying experience with Ryanair. Space is maximised, you feel like the staff have no time for you and that you are constantly being upsold.

No I do not want an enormous bag for 70p, even if it does comes your free magazine.

The shopping experience in SD is like the flying experience with Ryanair. Space is maximised, you feel like the staff have no time for you and that you are constantly being upsold.

No I do not want an enormous bag for 70p, even if it does comes your free magazine.

That, my friend, is the truth.

I went to Fire Warden training with the Fire Brigade who told us Sports Direct are constantly fined for the amount of flammable shite they pile on the shop floor. They said when you put together that type of material with the lack of space in getting around it's a fire tragedy waiting to happen.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt