Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

I'm opening myself to a world of hurt come the summer but I become more certain every day that he'll be pushing the club on with a better manager and a host of prudent signings for next season.

my first thought was you seem wildly optimistic.

but then i re-read your post. prudent signings, and a better manager than carver. yeah, we might get those things ... a thrilling prospect.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2015/03/breaking-news-mike-ashley-fined-dual-ownership/

What a joke fined £7,500 for dual ownership that'll teach him.

SFA will probably fine the club more than they've fined Ashley.

Great day for us though as Lambias has basically confirmed they have lost control of the Rangers boardroom, prior to Friday's EGM to vote them out. Will still have to battle it out with Lambias and Leach to try to get rid of them from their positions of employment within the club without paying them off and there will be a long way to go dealing with the legacy left by this corrupt board but this is a start. I'm delighted.

I can understand why you Rangers supporters object to Ashley. What I don't understand is the widespread optimism about the penniless chancers a.k.a. "Rangers people" who are in line to take over the running of the club. They really dint appear to have a brass farthing to rub together between them. Is another liquidation likely sooner rather than later should Ashley start to play really dirty?

I can understand why you Rangers supporters object to Ashley. What I don't understand is the widespread optimism about the penniless chancers a.k.a. "Rangers people" who are in line to take over the running of the club. They really dint appear to have a brass farthing to rub together between them. Is another liquidation likely sooner rather than later should Ashley start to play really dirty?

Do you have any evidence they are penniless chancers? My understanding is that they will raise capital with a further share issue with King at least matching what the fans put in. They will release a statement in the next few days outlining their plans. And don't forget that as well as King et al there is also the 3Bears consortium.

Ask for ALL his loan money back after the EGM force the club in to liquidation swoop in and buy it for nowt all hail king Mike its just business.

The loan money is only £5 million. Although I believe Lambias is currently trying to draw down a further £5 million loan before the EGM.

Do you have any evidence they are penniless chancers? My understanding is that they will raise capital with a further share issue with King at least matching what the fans put in. They will release a statement in the next few days outlining their plans. And don't forget that as well as King et al there is also the 3Bears consortium.

Well no, but they've all been around since and in some cases before the Craig Whyte days and they haven't been able to muster any funds whstsoever during that time. And tbf it's "Rangers people" that got you lot into trouble in the first place...

Well no, but they've all been around since and in some cases before the Craig Whyte days and they haven't been able to muster any funds whstsoever during that time. And tbf it's "Rangers people" that got you lot into trouble in the first place...

Well King previously put £20 million into the club.

As for who got us into trouble well Murray was basically forced to sell the club by Lloyds as his business empire crumbled around him. This sale was partially driven by a huge debt to HMRC that has since been found to be non existent. HMRC appealed this decision and lost and are now appealing the decision again. Murray then sold to the charlatan Whyte who may have claimed to be a Rangers man but there doesn't seem to be any evidence of this.

Remember also, King and the 3Bears consortium have both tried to invest millions in the past few months into the club but were only blocked because Ashley had control of the board and therefore was able to get them to accept his loan offers at the cost of much of our retail revenue etc. So to say that they are all potless is blatantly untrue

Beats me why if there's a load of cash swimming around how a vulture like Ashley was allowed to get as much as a foothold in the first place. King gave 20 million to Murray and that company was liquidated which, as far as I can make out, should prevent him running a club within 5 years according to fit and proper rules. I don't blame him for not throwing good money after bad, but if it would have kept Ashley firmly out why didn't he do it around 2013ish?...

Beats me why if there's a load of cash swimming around how a vulture like Ashley was allowed to get as much as a foothold in the first place. King gave 20 million to Murray and that company was liquidated which, as far as I can make out, should prevent him running a club within 5 years according to fit and proper rules. I don't blame him for not throwing good money after bad, but if it would have kept Ashley firmly out why didn't he do it around 2013ish?...

It all seems pretty complex and I think there's a lot to come out yet but when we came out of liquidation the administrators, Duff and Phelps, chose to accept an offer from Charles Green's consortium over a better offer by the Blue Kinights who were Rangers men. Since then the 2 administrators involved have been charged by Police Scotland for their role in the club and they are currently on bail. There are various unknown investors in Green's consortium and recently evidence has come out showing possible Ashley involvement before he even bought a stake in the club. There seems to be a connection between those involved going back to Green and possibly even back to Craig Whyte with some of them. You've gotta wonder how someone with a 9% shareholding was give so much control of the club and what others gained by allowing this to happen. For example, why would someone sell Ashley the stadium naiming rights for £1?

As for King failing on the fit and proper rules, he was a minority shareholder of the board under Whyte when it went into liquidation and had called on Whyte to step down prior to that. He basically had no control at all. Indications are that he is unlikely to fail the fit and proper test.

Well King previously put £20 million into the club.

As for who got us into trouble well Murray was basically forced to sell the club by Lloyds as his business empire crumbled around him. This sale was partially driven by a huge debt to HMRC that has since been found to be non existent. HMRC appealed this decision and lost and are now appealing the decision again. Murray then sold to the charlatan Whyte who may have claimed to be a Rangers man but there doesn't seem to be any evidence of this.

Remember also, King and the 3Bears consortium have both tried to invest millions in the past few months into the club but were only blocked because Ashley had control of the board and therefore was able to get them to accept his loan offers at the cost of much of our retail revenue etc. So to say that they are all potless is blatantly untrue

That HMRC bit is simply not true.

Edited by Toonpack

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt