Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Being run brilliantly until 2004? Jesus. Is this the same NUFC that was operating an empty office in Gibraltar well before then? The same NUFC paying its directors eye-watering dividends while still sitting on £100m+ debts well before then? The same NUFC where its meagre operating profits were being spent entirely on dividends to directors, who were already raking it in through other channels, such as the infamous warehouse scam, well before 2004? The same directors who were having to sell their shares to bail out their other failing business interests? The same directors who were paying themselves the same as those in charge of the clubs who'd been in the top 4 for years? I just had a quick scan for any sign that I'd missed some of this alleged praise for his skills as an executive that Shepherd received during this era, all I found was the scathing criticism for being the very model of a fat cat businessman that I'd recalled from the time. Shepherd was fucking coining it in during that period, and this was clearly entirely down to his assumption that we'd be in the CL. Throwing money at Souness was his desperate attempt to get back in, and we would have failed had he been allowed to keep chasing that dream.

Being run brilliantly until 2004? Jesus. Is this the same NUFC that was operating an empty office in Gibraltar well before then? The same NUFC paying its directors eye-watering dividends while still sitting on £100m+ debts well before then? The same NUFC where its meagre operating profits were being spent entirely on dividends to directors, who were already raking it in through other channels, such as the infamous warehouse scam, well before 2004? The same directors who were having to sell their shares to bail out their other failing business interests? The same directors who were paying themselves the same as those in charge of the clubs who'd been in the top 4 for years? I just had a quick scan for any sign that I'd missed some of this alleged praise for his skills as an executive that Shepherd received during this era, all I found was the scathing criticism for being the very model of a fat cat businessman that I'd recalled from the time. Shepherd was fucking coining it in during that period, and this was clearly entirely down to his assumption that we'd be in the CL. Throwing money at Souness was his desperate attempt to get back in, and we would have failed had he been allowed to keep chasing that dream.

I'll abuse this properly tomorrow, some incredible statements which prove google is shite, mackems are cunts, and you should do more with your life. Goodnight.

What a mackem cripple. Now I appreciate the fact you're a 19 year old virgin and I was a yappy cunt at that age, but why do you bother. One of the admin people told me your IP suggests you're in Hendon. Poor cunt, but anyway...................

7%2BNewcastle%2BProfit.jpg

This is from 2006 when we started losing money heavily for the next 5 years. From 2001 to 2004 we were genuinely such a good side, yet the player wage % against turnover was astonishing and the best in the Premier League. It was 44% FORTY FUCKIN FOUR, and with that we got in to the Champions League. We were making modest profits. Souness came and that 44% of turnover of became 70% at one point. Shepherd did fuck all wrong till 2004, the debts we had were almost purely on the extension to the stadium, which we had a mortgage on then till 2015. Ashley paid it off in full and made out it was part of a dirty debt, it put 16000 on the capacity the stupid cunt and he is a stupid cunt as are you. Shepherd was paying himself £560,000 p/a and he deserved it up till 2004, Douglas Hall was getting more or less the same for doing fuck all though and he was a bigger cunt than you. Talk about things you know, even to google the right information you have to have a clue, you don't now good luck with the A Level resits and sorting your spots out. Good lad.

Ashley's incompetence, lack of ambition and general cuntishness shouldn't hide the fact that Shepherd was a pretty appaling chairman on many levels.

The one thing you can say about shepherd though is at least he wanted us to do well on the pitch. He was a fan of the club and cared about whether the supporters all thought he was a cunt.

Ashley's incompetence, lack of ambition and general cuntishness shouldn't hide the fact that Shepherd was a pretty appaling chairman on many levels.

The one thing you can say about shepherd though is at least he wanted us to do well on the pitch. He was a fan of the club and cared about whether the supporters all thought he was a cunt.

What did Shepherd do massively wrong from 1997 to 2004? I appreciate from that point on he fucked things up big time, but till 2004 what did he do wrong other than that Mameez Mamood geordie dog carry on?

What did Shepherd do massively wrong from 1997 to 2004? I appreciate from that point on he fucked things up big time, but till 2004 what did he do wrong other than that Mameez Mamood geordie dog carry on?

Gullit and Dalglish?

He sacked robson a couple of weeks into the new season, just after the transfer window closed - one of many ridiculous decisions to follow.

And the one thing I agree with Makom about is the dividends he and the halls took out of the club over the years - pisstakers tbh. The thing was though as supporters we didn't care as much because at least we were having a go on the pitch and trying to compete in the transfer market.

Gullit and Dalglish?

Good point but....Dalglish had won 4 league titles as a manager so we thought he'd be the man to get us over the trophy line, and Gullit won things at Chelsea. It wasn't like appointing Joe Kinnear.

He sacked robson a couple of weeks into the new season, just after the transfer window closed - one of many ridiculous decisions to follow.

That wasn't what I asked though, what did he do massively wrong between his appointment as chairman and 2004? He should've improved training facilities massively, but didn't, Robson used to moan about them, but what else did Shepherd do wrong in that period?

One criticism you could level at S&H is they didn't build for the future in terms of the development of squad, but it could be argued that's as much the various managers' fault as it is theirs.

Well he sacked robson in 2004, didn't he, a decision I didn't agree with at the time, though many did, but it was the timing of it that fucked up the rest of the season and years, arguably, and paved the way for souness.

And the money the halls and shepherd took out of the club prior to 2004 as well as throughout their time running the show was a joke.

So I did answer your question.

If you look across shepherd's entire tenure, it wasn't much to shout about. His bizarre managerial appointments, the timings of some of his decisions and backing the wrong horse in Souness meant we were never really able to kick on from a position of strength. Keegan did the groundwork to establish us as a top 6 club in the long term but it never happened.

Was the debt manageable? That I will have to leave to the accountants but at least he tried to improve the squad and compete. And it was a better time to be a supporter than now. That's for sure.

Leazes is probably reading this thread, absolutely desperate to join in now.

Aye I'm not madly in love with FFS like some clearly were, but he done fuck all massively wrong at all really in real terms till 2004 imo. I wouldn't care the man who fucked everything up for him, is on record as saying he doesn't like him in Souness, and vice versa.

Well he sacked robson in 2004, didn't he, a decision I didn't agree with at the time, though many did, but it was the timing of it that fucked up the rest of the season and years, arguably, and paved the way for souness.

And the money the halls and shepherd took out of the club prior to 2004 as well as throughout their time running the show was a joke.

So I did answer your question.

If you look across shepherd's entire tenure, it wasn't much to shout about.

Aye apart from breaking the world transfer record, two champions league appareances and two cup final appearances, we might as well have been in the mid 80's........ he fucked it up from 2004, end of story.

Aye I'm not madly in love with FFS like some clearly were, but he done fuck all massively wrong at all really in real terms till 2004 imo. I wouldn't care the man who fucked everything up for him, is on record as saying he doesn't like him in Souness, and vice versa.

From 1998-2004 the club lost over £15m.

No big deal given our on the pitch success. However, during this time of losses the club paid an additional £35m to the Halls and Shepherds in dividends and share buybacks. They trebled our losses due to lining their own pockets.

Aye apart from breaking the world transfer record, two champions league appareances and two cup final appearances, we might as well have been in the mid 80's........ he fucked it up from 2004, end of story.

we didn't win anything and we failed to cement our place as a top club after a couple of false starts, so while it was better than the holocaust of ashley let's not kids ourselves that they were a huge success. perhaps if they hadn't rinsed so much money out of the club we might have actually won something as the £35m ewerk refers to could have been used on player recruitment and wages

their greatest legacy for me was the redevelopment of the stadium. further expansion isn't going to happen any time soon now the fat man is running the shop.

and what did we get instead? lee bowyer a sole signing, robson out of the door just as the transfer window slammed closed and souness in. it's been downhill ever since.

When was the last close season as exciting as this?

Ashley has learnt his lesson?

A new decent manager on the cards?

An influx of decent players?

Some duffers (hopefully) played their last game?

Exciting times [emoji4]

It wasn't just that he sacked Robson was it, it's that he undermined him in transfers like Shearer (not sold when Robson wanted), Kluivert (bought when not wanted never wanted) and Speed (sold when Robson wanted him kept) wasn't it?

But criticism of Shepherd is usually financial and although taking a shitload of cash from the club, he reined in £20m and £15m losses in the early 2000s to be break even for 3 years in a row up to 2005.

Most of that was thanks to Robson though, you could never see us hitting the champions league in the near future by 2006, and without it the £30m losses in the couple of years before selling were going to be totally unsustainable.

Exciting times [emoji4]

:lol:

Exciting times [emoji4]

:CT:

you're going to have to try harder than that now this mako kid is on the scene.

Ok to be clear, I'm not as happy clappy as CT.

Just going to go ahead and distance myself from him, if that's ok?

Ok to be clear, I'm not as happy clappy as CT.

Just going to go ahead and distance myself from him, if that's ok?

Aye, but he's taking the piss ;)

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt