Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Clear why he doesn't give more interviews, very uncomfortable on camera. Bizarre time to give his first interview too. Makes you wonder if the grief off the crowd is getting to him on a personal level

I was thinking the same

He doesn't come across as the cocky pillock I had built up in my mind when you hear about how he does his business, definitely looked uncomfortable

you're wrong

you're naive

:lol:

:lol:

Yep words are cheap. Actions are what mean something. Ashley has a long history of talking a lot and doing fuck all.

I was thinking the same

He doesn't come across as the cocky pillock I had built up in my mind when you hear about how he does his business, definitely looked uncomfortable

He did look unprepared, that's for sure. Knew the bottom line of what he wanted to say - that he wasn't going to sell, the rest was made up on the spot, typical cheap words to placate the masses. He's had ample opportunity to speak with his actions. For every forwards steps there's been there has been a subsequent leap backwards.

Dont mistake movement over the summer as a change in his modus operandi, the only thing he's out to win is more money for his empire.

These jokers need to get their act together - there's some good points in there that deserve to be highlighted in a clear and cogent way to the media - but the fact they've hidden them in a rambling 'letter' written more for the fans benefit just makes it less likely they will be picked up and ran with.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mike-ashleys-new-look-newcastle-target-5761339?

Mike Ashley plans to relaunch Newcastle with a fresh mission statement that will put cup success back on the agenda.

Newcastle will follow up Ashley’s first public statement for years by laying out a new direction – including a slackening of their tough transfer policy.

Ashley will allow chief scout Graham Carr to sign players who are over 25, previously prohibited.

He will also demand that Carr brings in a British spine to the team, with up to 40% of players from home countries, rebalancing the foreign recruitment drive of recent years.

There will also be a conscious drive to soften their language towards fans, with an emphasis of collaboration and listening.

Ashley is under pressure to live up to the promises made during a surprise interview – when he vowed to invest in Newcastle and try to “win something”.

Newcastle have been linked with strikers Charlie Austin and Saido Berahino which could amount to £25 million of spending.

Marseille’s Ghanaian Andre Ayew and Serbian Aleksandar Mitrovic of Anderlecht are also options.

The owner is likely to sideline coach John Carver ahead of finding a new boss, who will be allowed to bring in his own coaching staff.

Carver wants to learn his fate before going on holiday on Wednesday.

...is he...is he for real? This is all just PR right?

He can't actually mean he's finally going to run the club properly can he... after all this time that'd be too much to hope for.

Watching his reactions after the goals yesterday and watching the interview, it almost seemed to have the feel of Scrooge after the visit from the ghost of Christmas yet to be. I want to believe that's the case, but the cynic in me says it's either a PR ploy, or if it was indeed genuine reaction, it will pass in short order.

Seems a bit odd and hard to believe that he suddenly wants the club to start trying after 8 years.

Maybe he finally wants some enjoyment out of his investment, maybe it could be because he has seen his previous policies putting the club in serious risk of falling off the gravy train and sees that a little more investment is needed or maybe it's all complete and utter bullshit, the fact is action has to be taken hopefully more than the minimum is or we'll just see this season play out again in a year or two.

I'll believe it when it happens as Ashley has burnt us all far too many times with his complete bullshit.

Edit: I also hope this means they pack in trying to move Cisse on.

Edited by Howay

He's created enough optimistic doubt in my mind that I think he may have wrangled himself a slender chance to improve the club's relationship with supporters here.

My main gripe was always that nothing was explained and no dialogue was created between the club and ourselves, meaning we were always filling in blanks with random guesswork and analysis; if his interview marks a move away from that uncertainty then at least we'll have a better idea of where we stand.

I would credit Ashleyout.com for this to be honest; despite some skepticism on my part, I have to concede that they have forced him out into the open - admittedly with the added pressure of relegation.

I'm hoping (rather than expecting) that its a case of the arsenal situation (massively downscaled) of not being able to pay big money for players and having to ship their best players as the finances needed to be sorted out.

Since that was finished they can now get players like Ozil and Sanchez and begin to compete again.

Maybe that 34 million going into the bank is the turning point, the club is solid and can press on.

like I say, hope rather than expectation. Hope is nice.

As if the Mirror have somehow got the inside track of our new policy man. I'd be astounded if there even was a fucking policy yet.

Actions speak louder than words tbh. We've had all the 5 year plans shite before and he sold a pack of lies to KK too in order to get him to come back.

Watching his reactions after the goals yesterday and watching the interview, it almost seemed to have the feel of Scrooge after the visit from the ghost of Christmas yet to be. I want to believe that's the case, but the cynic in me says it's either a PR ploy, or if it was indeed genuine reaction, it will pass in short order.

Do you seriously believes Ashley needs any more PR. He is the best known club owner in the EPL maybe for all the wrong reasons but self made billionaires like him don't give a s**t whether it is good or bad.

Do you seriously believes Ashley needs any more PR. He is the best known club owner in the EPL maybe for all the wrong reasons but self made billionaires like him don't give a s**t whether it is good or bad.

...The club needs good PR though. Currently it has supporters jacking in season tickets in their droves. I'm pretty sure Graing meant the club rather than Ashley himself.

Do you seriously believe that's a pertinent response?

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt