Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

Seriously, you'll get no traction anywhere that counts on this idea that Mike's loan is actually 'debt'. When the football world complains about clubs being in debt they mean being in hock, owing money to third parties and/or beholden to paying interest. Owing money to the owner of the club on interest free terms is in no way the same thing, even though it's technically still debt. Personally, I'd actually steer well clear of it, as in this context, claiming that 'debt' has risen is actually equivalent to 'investment' by Ashley. You can use the fact it has risen to argue that it undermines Ashley's claim to have put us on a better financial footing, sure, because obviously making us cost more to buy without seemingly increasing the value of the club is daft, but casting it as anything other than that is quite disingenuous.

Watching his reactions after the goals yesterday and watching the interview, it almost seemed to have the feel of Scrooge after the visit from the ghost of Christmas yet to be. I want to believe that's the case, but the cynic in me says it's either a PR ploy, or if it was indeed genuine reaction, it will pass in short order.

He's a gambler. That was high stakes gambling; approx 85m pounds next season and several million pounds this one. He may have been temporarily enthused by it all but I can't see the appeal lasting.

It may very well have been that he came to a realization about how much money he almost lost and broke into a cold sweat.

I'm going to choose to be optimistic for now and we'll see how the coach situation plays out.

It may very well have been that he came to a realization about how much money he almost lost and broke into a cold sweat.

I'm going to choose to be optimistic for now and we'll see how the coach situation plays out.

It was a play to push season tickets next year. Renewal deadline on Friday.

It was a play to push season tickets next year. Renewal deadline on Friday.

Could you unblock me so I can read the full conversation. This blokes point number 2 is absolutely staggering. We were the world's 5th richest club in 1998, so why was us being in the Champions League above what a club of our size should achieve?

Could you unblock me so I can read the full conversation. This blokes point number 2 is absolutely staggering. We were the world's 5th richest club in 1998, so why was us being in the Champions League above what a club of our size should achieve?

Done, try not to call me a lanky streak of piss nerd again and I'l leave you unblocked too :D

Well, how tall are you?

He's 2 or 3 inches bigger than me, am I'm 6ft2 and a bit. Honest to god if he could be arsed, he'd make a cracking basketball player.

This journalist is a Northern hating arsehole who is so wrong, he comes across as an articulate version of Lee Ryder. Point 2 I will always look at and think why do newspapers employ utterly clueless arseholes like this?

Edited by McFaul

Done, try not to call me a lanky streak of piss nerd again and I'l leave you unblocked too :D

Think it was someone illegally using my account when I left my phone lying in The Fountain one day...

PUMA and Newcastle United have today (Tuesday, 12th August) announced a long-term extension to their partnership which will see the global sports brand remain the Club's official kit supplier into the next decade.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20140812/puma-and-united-announce-partnership-extension_2281670_4068492

Rangers board ready for war after discovering Mike Ashley's Sports Direct deal could last until 2022

IF RANGERS bin the agreement today they would trigger a notice period which would last until May 2022 - finishing in SEVEN years.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-board-ready-war-after-5768552

I reckon NUFC deffo have a 7 year rolling contract with SD and Puma too.

Well, it depends what the contract involved. If SD had to build a warehouse and establish a distribution network to take on Ranger's entire merchandising operation, then a 7 year termination seems reasonable in lieu of recouping the cost outlay (which Rangers obviously wouldn't be able to afford). However, if (as I suspect) he didn't have to do anything even remotely like that, then I'm sure the new Rangers board will be able to get that struck down in a court, as it's totally unreasonable. Hence the references to valid/enforceable terms.

The Puma deal is hardly a surprise, without anyone making any serious efforts to toxify their brand due to their association with SD/Ashley (as I suggested to the AO.com head shed), then why wouldn't they renew? They've obviously been making money out of the deal somewhere, even though when asked, every NUFC claims they never buy a shirt these days. I doubt they have a 7 year deal though, it wouldn't make sense to either party.

Blah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blah.Blah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blah.Blah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blah

Blah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blah.Blah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blah

Fyp

Blah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blah.Blah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blah.Blah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blah

Blah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blahBlah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blah.Blah blah blah blah blah blabablah blah blah blah blah

Fyp
Fyfypp

Fyp

KCG once again proving the stereotypes about his nation are entirely apt. Petty selfish attention seeking cunts, to a man.

EDIT: As does his entire posting history of today. The oldest habits die the hardest it seems.

Edited by Makom

Because 17 years is forever ago. Blackburn won the league not long before that

KCG once again proving the stereotypes about his nation are entirely apt. Petty selfish attention seeking cunts, to a man.

EDIT: As does his entire posting history of today. The oldest habits die the hardest it seems.

What's wrong with the English like?

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt