Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt

Christmas Tree

When asked if he was committed to Newcastle even if they dropped into the Football League again, Ashley said: “I’ve got no choice. I am willing to Newcastle (sic) like Sports Direct. They’ve got me and I’ve got them, that’s just the way it is.”

it's never going to end is it?

Really? Happy?

Maybe too strong a word, but I'm willing to set aside the awful stuff that happens off the pitch if we get it right on.

I don't think Ashley will give Benitez a budget and allow him to sell and buy as he sees fit within that. Even if we stay up, I see the summer straining relations and Ashley not giving a fuck. Benitez will have done all Ashley wanted from him if we stop up.

However, at the end of last season and start of this one, when everyone was talking about a change in approach, I didn't agree at all. Still had a failed manager, still spending only what we could afford, still not spending it where it was needed, still taking punts on cheap options and still not giving the manager any say at all.

The appointment of Benitez is the first time Ashley has genuinely surprised an pleased me. I saw that as a massive change in ambition and am willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it signifies other changes... at least until we're shown it doesn't.

Which we almost certainly will be.

I was buzzing when Keegan re-signed but we all know how that turned out. I'd like to think the penny has dropped for Ashley but I'll believe it when I see it.

When asked further about his second stint in charge, Keegan said: “If I’d not done that I’d have felt better with my life because of the way it happened and the way I was treated, a lot of dishonesty and pretending to bid for players and not doing it.

I just hope this doesn't happen to Rafa if we stay up if they try anything like that he'll be off like a shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nwXmqx0TDU

Lee Ryder has transcribed "I am wedded to Newcastle" as "I am willing to Newcastle (sic)"

:lol: never disappoints.

Just thinking about this he's hardly going to say "if we get relegated I'm selling up" otherwise there'd be millions of fans around the world hoping for relegation.

Just thinking about this he's hardly going to say "if we get relegated I'm selling up" otherwise there'd be millions of fans around the world hoping for relegation.

Relegation would never make him sell up, the value of the club would significantly lower so why would he? He'd only ever sell us when we were in the Premiership or if we were in a complete mess and were languishing somewhere in the lower leagues and he was thoroughly sick of owning the club so was willing to take the hit.

So this is going to be the week when Mike Ashley can rightly say he is getting the hang of this football lark.

European ties against the likes of Benfica in April

A transfer / wage system that works

A squad that just keeps getting better

Great season ticket deals for fans

And a profit making football club

And all this before the the big bucks TV money rolls in.

Of course it hasn't been delivered without pain, but few revolutions are smooth.

We will rightly hear all sorts of praise for dynamic duo this week and once again our club will be heralded as the blue print for most clubs to follow.

So where now? What about the next few years? How can we as a club take advantage of this solid foundation and become a regular top four challenger?

:lol: you can bet on CT calling most football things spectacularly poorly but this is just too funny not to requote.

I still think he'd take the hit on selling the club it would be a drop in the ocean to him. In fact with the sale of a couple of players he might even break even. Is it a coincidence that since owning the club & receiving his free worldwide tv advertising his wealth has doubled?. In 2015 Forbes had him as the 10th richest man in the UK. Considering he doesn't take a salary from the club (I don't think he does) that advertising must be worth a fortune to him. If he loses that I just can't see him staying.

It mentions that, should we stay up there'll be a large transfer fund available. If we go down there won't be but saying that we'll generate some through player sales.

• Andrew changed the title to Mike Ashley -- Irrelevant Cunt