Man City -v- NUFC

Barney

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm arguing that money is utterly irrelevant. I don't buy that there was simply a lack of effort. I'd be amazed if they weren't given strict instructions to not leave gaps at the back, to make sure they're positionally secure.

I can "flippantly dismiss" this performance because before the game kicked off I looked at the team we had available and who they'd line up against, I looked at our away form, I looked at their home form, I looked at who was returning for them, Ilooked at what issues we've had this term and I expected a comfortable win for Man City. By the way those baffled the line-up show themselves up, because on the whole he picked what was available. Who other than Simpson at right back? Tyalor, Mbiwa? what and put Williamson or a child in the centre of the defence? Who other than Jonas to play at full back? Anita? a kid? the only arguable position for me was Obertan/Marveaux and I can only assume he wanted to use Obertan's pace.

We were never going to win this game with the respective teams available, the away form we're suffering and one eye on Benfica. Fulham was always going to be the game to focus, then the mackems, West Brom, West Ham, QPR are the places we should be expecting to pick up 3pts.

I'm not going to short circuit because the Four 1st teamers who took to the field against the champions weren't able to get a result or even a good performance. That way madness lies.

Who's sort circuiting, not me.

You seem to be excusing both the manager & the players and blaming Benfica and the injuries that every team gets.

If we set up not to leave gaps at the back we totally failed, Man City had to barely break sweat.

Having 1 on target shot is dismal by any standards and the lack of fight was shameful.

BTW, we had 11 first team players today, not 4.

Who's sort circuiting, not me.

You seem to be excusing both the manager & the players and blaming Benfica and the injuries that every team gets.

If we set up not to leave gaps at the back we totally failed, Man City had to barely break sweat.

Having 1 on target shot is dismal by any standards and the lack of fight was shameful.

I think your expectations are so high as to be delusional. I'm saying that you need to give the manager and players more rope than you are and I'm saying that the injuries we've suffered this season (and for this game in particular) are not in line with the injury troubles most teams get. As lucky as we were last year, we've been equally as unlucky this year.

BTW, we had 11 first team players today, not 4.

Oh and :lol: No we fucking didn't like.

You seem to be a bit mixed up.

I'm saying the effort the opposition puts in isn't of interest to me.

My interest is in ours which, today, was woeful.

Did you look at the way they passed it around today?...we couldn't get a fuckin kick man. That's called being outclassed. Of all our sins, lack of effort isn't one of them. They were on a different planet because their players were sharper, more imaginative and more confident and probably have been all their careers, with a manager who is indeed better than ours. That bracket of player costs money we don't have. And don't forget without their 3 best players for a few months they've eneded up 15 points behind a pretty moderate manu side. Go figure.

I think your expectations are so high as to be delusional. I'm saying that you need to give the manager and players more rope than you are and I'm saying that the injuries we've suffered this season (and for this game in particular) are not in line with the injury troubles most teams get. As lucky as we were last year, we've been equally as unlucky this year.

Oh and :lol: No we fucking didn't like.

You were totally exaggerating with 4 so I thought I'd act daft as well. However, they are players who play in the first team, a first team squad that is seriously lacking depth.

What are these delusionally high expectations of mine, please explain?

I was simply expecting the 11 players in the shirt to put up a fight ......... they surrendered from the start and so did the manager.

If this is your idea of a scrap I'd bet against you in a fight with our lass.

Did you look at the way they passed it around today?...we couldn't get a fuckin kick man. That's called being outclassed. Of all our sins, lack of effort isn't one of them. They were on a different planet because their players were sharper, more imaginative and more confident and probably have been all their careers, with a manager who is indeed better than ours. That bracket of player costs money we don't have. And don't forget without their 3 best players for a few months they've eneded up 15 points behind a pretty moderate manu side. Go figure.

You're seriously saying there was no lack of effort? Fair enough, if that's what you believe.

So that's why Obertan started

Who would you have started at Left Back?

Who would you have started at right back?

I would have gone with ..........

Elliot

Anita - Saylor - Mbiwa - Perch

Jonas - Cabaye - Sissoko - Gouffran

Cisse

The January additions have made a difference when we play other shite but have made virtually no difference against good teams and the away performances have been poor.

As I keep saying anyone who expects easy points in any remaining away game and is relying on beating Fulham is complacent.

I think we'll survive but by less than six points.

You were totally exaggerating with 4 so I thought I'd act daft as well. However, they are players who play in the first team, a first team squad that is seriously lacking depth.

What are these delusionally high expectations of mine, please explain?

I was simply expecting the 11 players in the shirt to put up a fight ......... they surrendered from the start and so did the manager.

If this is your idea of a scrap I'd bet against you in a fight with our lass.

Cisse, Cabaye, Gouffran, Mbiwa. That'll be 4 (four) 1st teamers. I wasn't "totally exaggerating at all.

That the hotch-potch team we could field would do anything else than get comfortably beaten by the reigning champions.

Ahhh, "fight", so as long as they ran around like headless chickens your frustration would be sated? :lol:

Where did I ever say this was my idea of a "scrap", why would you presume that I'd want to see the team involved in a "scrap"?

End of the day I understand you're disappointed. As am I.

I thought we did well in the first forty minutes, that seem to be our game plan stifle them and hopefully grab a goal on the break . That was never really going to work with defence we had, I wished we had attacked from the start. Don't think Pardew had much choice with his selections today. Let's hope we get at least an away goal against Benfica.

You're seriously saying there was no lack of effort? Fair enough, if that's what you believe.

Am not saying the side covered themselves in glory in any department. But if youre saying 14 players couldn't be arsed then that's shite too. The truth is somewhere in the middle. Sissoko wanted the ball all the time, Simpson got forward, as did Anita at times. What they then did may have been shite. Lack of effort it wasn't. The opposistion also put in their best performance in months too. They were too good for us. I don't know what else there is to say apart from at that price they fuckin should be. Edited by PaddockLad

I would have gone with ..........

Elliot

Anita - Saylor - Mbiwa - Perch

Jonas - Cabaye - Sissoko - Gouffran

Cisse

So Anita (a central midfielder) who is dogshit at fullback and Perch (A defensive midfielder) who is worse?

Come on Noelie, you're better than this.

Cisse, Cabaye, Gouffran, Mbiwa. That'll be 4 (four) 1st teamers. I wasn't "totally exaggerating at all.

That the hotch-potch team we could field would do anything else than get comfortably beaten by the reigning champions.

Ahhh, "fight", so as long as they ran around like headless chickens your frustration would be sated? :lol:

Where did I ever say this was my idea of a "scrap", why would you presume that I'd want to see the team involved in a "scrap"?

End of the day I understand you're disappointed. As am I.

You seem desperate to put words in my mouth and guess the rest, sadly you get most of it wrong.

I'm not a fan of headless chickens nor am I a fan of chickens.

If you don't believe we're in a scrap I suggest you take a look at the table.

Simpson, Taylor, Sissoko & Gutierrez have all been chosen to play at times.

Whatever you choose to believe they are NUFC first team players.

Amazing how some people go out of their way to defend or make excuses.

The players Pardew has had at his disposal this season should have been good enough to not be in this league position.

Constantly going on about squad depth or injuries does not excuse where we are and just papers over the cracks.

Most of the season we have failed to link midfield and attack in any convincing way and Pardew seems totally incapable of being able to mould a team out of this group of players.

Had we gone out with the same vigour that we started the second half with who knows what could have happened.

He also seems unable to jiggle things around utilise different personnel to the benefit of the team.

It's not just about today, it's been a similar story all season.

Thank god for the luck we have had in the last few minutes of games this season or we would already be in the bottom 3.

I would love to see Sissoko taking over from Tiote and then having Marveaux or a similar player there who can hold the ball and take the attack on.

I really hope we survive and Ashley realises that to take us on to the next level we need a better manager and we should pay the right money for the right person.

I would love to see Sissoko taking over from Tiote and then having Marveaux or a similar player there who can hold the ball and take the attack on.

I'd rather have Sissoko as the play maker as he doesn't go missing like Marveaux and actually has a heart.

You say Pardew isn't ''adventurous'' enough but you want to undo one his best moves? :lol:

If we'd had any luck with injuries and provided Pardew with an adaquate sqaud we'd be in the top ten but we didn't.

I'd rather have Sissoko as the play maker as he doesn't go missing like Marveaux and actually has a heart.

You say Pardew isn't ''adventurous'' enough but you want to undo one his best moves? :lol:

If we'd had any luck with injuries and provided Pardew with an adaquate sqaud we'd be in the top ten but we didn't.

It's not working Tom. Not just today, but most of our games the link up is poor.

Didn't Sissoko say himself that he can also play deeper and sometimes rushes decisions?

There are a lot of games when he or Cabaye to run on from deeper and then Marveaux could stead the attack and bring others in.

A simple question for you. Do you still have full confidence in Pardews ability to take us on to the next level?

(I appreciate the injuries and squad excuses, but that's not my question).

The players Pardew has had at his disposal this season should have been good enough to not be in this league position.

The starting 11 based on appearances

Krul

Simpson

Coloccini

Williamson

Santon

Perch

Anita

Marveaux

Cabaye

Gutierez

Cisse

The red ones are either not good enough, or were part of the previously relegated team, so not 'above' being relegated.

The jury is still out on the amber ones.

I've been generous on the number of greens, because most people have said Cisse would be the first to go in a clear out.

I wouldn't at all. They are both completely different players and you are wasting Sissoko's talents having him play as a simple ball winning midfielder. Pardew actually deserves credit for playing him further up the pitch as it has worked for us.

It's not working Tom. Not just today, but most of our games the link up is poor.

Didn't Sissoko say himself that he can also play deeper and sometimes rushes decisions?

There are a lot of games when he or Cabaye to run on from deeper and then Marveaux could stead the attack and bring others in.

A simple question for you. Do you still have full confidence in Pardews ability to take us on to the next level?

(I appreciate the injuries and squad excuses, but that's not my question).

Not that deep though Christmas Tree. He has never played just in front of a back four like Tiote does. He's always been a box-to-box midfielder, capable of getting up and down all game.

Every time Marveaux has played against a good team we've been slaughtered.