Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sad thing is nobody knows what fascism is. Europe would be a far better place under fascist rule.

Can't believe this didn't get more of a reaction. :lol:

http://blogs.indepen...nder-mussolini/

Is Paolo Di Canio still a Fascist? Right now, he is not saying because he only wants to talk about football, but there is a rambling interview in a 2002 book West Ham: Irons in the Soul by Pete May (available as an e-book) in which he can be said to have answered the question:

Actions speak louder than words but just in case you doubt that...

''I am not a racist, I am a facist'' which is dated 2005 - given in an interview to the BBC.

Of course there was also allegations of racial abuse from multiple sources in addition and as recent as last year.

Why do you think he wont answer questions about fascism? Because he would have to give the same answer.

To be honest I actually liked him as a player, he was a character and entertaining. As well as that he seemed to stick to playing fair as far as I recall (might have missed stuff there mind), the time he caught the football when in on a goal occupied by an injured keeper sticks in the memory. However, with all that said I can't been seen endorsing anything mackem related really and the new Monkey's Heed is a worthy source of amusement. To be honest I couldn't give a chuff about what his political affiliations are, that's up to him.

If it was behind the scenes and he didn't feel the need to be so open about it fair play but fascism has no place in football.

I can tell you now if he gets a decent win there will be mackems doing the ''Roman'' Salute.

If Milliband hadn't taken that job in New York than I doubt we'd still be talking about this. He's fucked Sunderland over good and proper iyam. Is County Durham more deserving of racial harmony than Wiltshire? Who knew Di Canio was accused of racism at Swindon on here?.....not that many I'd wager, and even fewer commented at the time. A nice round figure am guessing, but feel free to correct me. He seems to be a very distasteful person, and not too bright after living in the multi racial UK for most of the last two decades. If he's abused a lad at Swindon then that's against employment law and he should've been disciplined by that club. He wasn't, I don't know why, perhaps they brushed it under the carpet and waited for the (seemingly very local) storm to calm down. I'm not defending what he may or may not have done in any way, but this wouldn't have been much of a story without Millibands urge to cut all ties with the UK for a sharp exit. I do sympathise with the families of those who died fighting fascism in the 20th century but this is one man with seemingly some very foolish and warped opinions, not a dictator murdering millions.Tthe Durham miners make a very valid point, but I think theyre a bit caught in the middle, victims of history if anything, not of anything SAFC may now stand for with this appointment. Sunderland are no doubt "taking as they find" and seeing as he's never been disciplined in any way for racially abusing anyone then they probably feel that they have no need to justify their appointment. Would Sunderland get away with appointing Nick Griffin or the leader of the EDL?..no, they've both got convictions. Di Canio hasn't, and the accusations are just that, accusations which it looks like he's not had to answer fully. If he abuses anyone at Sunderland then they'll have to deal with it then.

I don't think allegations agaist Di Canio would go further than ''Shut up or I'll fire you'' to the player. He was too big a fish in a small pond - now he's managing in the most watched league in the world.

Very different from league two.

(Bear in mind John Terry got away with ''fuck off you black cunt'' which was clearly caught on camera.

The time he got sent off and then pushed the ref slipped your mind? Big fan of fair play our Paolo

Actually no, but I choose to remember that more that the ref was being a bit of a fanny that day, it was hardly an aggressive attack on him.

I don't think allegations agaist Di Canio would go further than ''Shut up or I'll fire you'' to the player. He was too big a fish in a small pond - now he's managing in the most watched league in the world.

Very different from league two.

If there was a case to answer it would be the same wherever he worked though. There may have been, but without all the facts I'm as clueless about what went on as anyone else. His former chairman spoke glowingly of him the other day, is Nigel Wray a fascist sympathiser too?...

Moving to a premiership club was always going to draw the spot light on Di Canio's beliefs. Milliband simply can't afford to be seen as being associated with these beliefs and has been given the perfect opportunity to cut ties with the club. Only one person to blame for this - Di Canio himself for holding such abhorrent views and being stupid enough to express them.

If there was a case to answer it would be the same wherever he worked though. There may have been, but without all the facts I'm as clueless about what went on as anyone else. His former chairman spoke glowingly of him the other day, is Nigel Wray a fascist sympathiser too?...

I'll stick to the facts then - and they are bad enough.

Moving to a premiership club was always going to draw the spot light on Di Canio's beliefs. Milliband simply can't afford to be seen as being associated with these beliefs and has been given the perfect opportunity to cut ties with the club. Only one person to blame for this - Di Canio himself for holding such abhorrent views and being stupid enough to express them.

Holding these opinions isn't against the law in this country, and stating them in public wasn't when Di Canio said it. It is against employment law though. And that was down to Swindon Town to sort out. Milliband could've walked away without fingering Di Canio, he could've waited to the end of the season and said he was leaving as it would be difficult to help the football club from New York.

I'll stick to the facts then - and they are bad enough.

Agreed. But seemingly not bad enough for Sunderland to take them into consideration. Like Woodgate and Bowyer when Newcastle signed them. Signed by a man reveared for his good nature to all.

He could have, but maybe he was genuinely aggrieved by the appointment and wanted to point this out publicly? Why not do this?

He's an ambitious politician,so he's by nature a "hey! look at me!" person. If he had SAFC's best interests at heart then he would've just walked off quietly. But he had his own career to thnk of. So fuck the club who have paid him well for doing what precisely?....am not sure what his role was, but there was a very good drink in it for him. So much for gratitude. He's not alone in that attitude, but he put himself first rather than anyone else, a former New Labour cabinet minister doing that, who'd have thought?...

He's an ambitious politician,so he's by nature a "hey! look at me!" person. If he had SAFC's best interests at heart then he would've just walked off quietly. But he had his own career to thnk of. So fuck the club who have paid him well for doing what precisely?....am not sure what his role was, but there was a very good drink in it for him. So much for gratitude. He's not alone in that attitude, but he put himself first rather than anyone else, a former New Labour cabinet minister doing that, who'd have thought?...

Well yes, quite. Or to put it another way, serves Safc right for employing him. No more than a PR stunt iyam. Anyhow, I'm enjoying the fallout from the classy club. :munch:

If Milliband hadn't taken that job in New York than I doubt we'd still be talking about this. He's fucked Sunderland over good and proper iyam. Is County Durham more deserving of racial harmony than Wiltshire? Who knew Di Canio was accused of racism at Swindon on here?.....not that many I'd wager, and even fewer commented at the time. A nice round figure am guessing, but feel free to correct me. He seems to be a very distasteful person, and not too bright after living in the multi racial UK for most of the last two decades. If he's abused a lad at Swindon then that's against employment law and he should've been disciplined by that club. He wasn't, I don't know why, perhaps they brushed it under the carpet and waited for the (seemingly very local) storm to calm down. I'm not defending what he may or may not have done in any way, but this wouldn't have been much of a story without Millibands urge to cut all ties with the UK for a sharp exit. I do sympathise with the families of those who died fighting fascism in the 20th century but this is one man with seemingly some very foolish and warped opinions, not a dictator murdering millions.Tthe Durham miners make a very valid point, but I think theyre a bit caught in the middle, victims of history if anything, not of anything SAFC may now stand for with this appointment. Sunderland are no doubt "taking as they find" and seeing as he's never been disciplined in any way for racially abusing anyone then they probably feel that they have no need to justify their appointment. Would Sunderland get away with appointing Nick Griffin or the leader of the EDL?..no, they've both got convictions. Di Canio hasn't, and the accusations are just that, accusations which it looks like he's not had to answer fully. If he abuses anyone at Sunderland then they'll have to deal with it then.

Good post that .

The time he got sent off and then pushed the ref slipped your mind? Big fan of fair play our Paolo

Look, I hope the bloke messes up and they go down but don't use that as an argument ffs.

That was class and the only one who came out with any credit was Di Canio .......... the ref went down in instalments and Winterburn ran 50 yards to 'have a go' and his arse dropped.

It was funny and just because he's gone to Sunderland doesn't change that.

Edited by Banshee