Paolo Di Canio Hounded out by the mackems

Tooj

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paolo Di Canios hands-on approach on the training ground has been welcomed by Sunderlands players who say they have been galvanised by the Italians arrival and have no issue with allegations of his fascist sympathies.

Although the Black Cats have several black players in the squad, none have expressed their concern about Di Canios previous political statements and will carrying on playing for the club with him in charge.

Telegraph Sport understands several former team-mates of the Italian have been in touch with Sunderland's black players this week to reassure them that Di Canio has never said or done anything to suggest he is a racist during their time working with him.

That has been key to Di Canio being accepted by the squad he inherited from Martin ONeill, with one senior member of the dressing point pointing out they would have heard from others in the game if he had ever been guilty of racism.

There is a collective desire to believe Di Canios denial that he “supports a fascist ideology and to only focus on his ability as a manager.

So far, he has impressed staff at the club, not just with his enthusiasm, but also his tactical knowledge, communication skills and coaching ability. While there was some trepidation when the 44-year-old was confirmed as manager, it has vanished within a few days working with him.

That bodes well for a club that has been at the centre of a public-relations storm this week. Having made no secret of his admiration for Italys former fascist dictator, Benito Mussolini, and claimed in 2005 that he is a fascist, but not a racist Di Canio finally bowed to public pressure on Wednesday when he released a statement denouncing fascism.

The statement has been welcomed by the clubs many critics and while some have suggested it was merely a move of expediency, Sunderlands players have not been swayed by the furore and Di Canio has made no reference to it in his conversations with them.

Significantly, his hand-on approach has been appreciated after the more aloof style of ONeill, who rarely made his presence felt on the training ground.

Di Canio has had one-on-one chats with the players and has coached them individually on specific things he wants them to do.

Winger Adam Johnson said: Its been a lot different. Hes come in and everything has just been turned upside down so quickly so everyone is still getting used to it. But I mean so far so good really. I think hes probably gong to get the best out of the lads and I think he demands the best and obviously we've got to work so hard. Thats probably what we need. Everybody is very excited.

Hes full of enthusiasm and energy. He just demands the best from his players. I think if you do well for him I think hes going to be a great manager to work for.

After so much attention on his political beliefs, Di Canio is also looking forward to getting his Sunderland career underway properly against Chelsea at the weekend.

The Black Cats are just one point above the relegation zone and face Newcastle and Everton after their trip to Stamford Bridge. It is a daunting run of fixtures, but Di Canio cannot wait to get started and expects his players to be as excited about taking on the European champions as he is.

Its fantastic, the players will be motivated on their own; they live to play on the big stage, he told the clubs official website.

Obviously we are going to give them extra motivation to try to get a very good result. Chelsea at Stamford Bridge what can you say? I cant wait for it and I expect the same desire and determination from my players to make sure they do a good job.

To go to Stamford Bridge and make a big impact, we always have to remember that the main protagonists are the players, but with my help and my staffs help we can go there and get a result.

Its exciting. We live for it. Life is short and if you have an exciting job, you're lucky. Im not worried about the big stage. We will do everything straight away to try and get a big result at Chelsea and then in the other games.

Sunderland are expected to appoint a director of football to help Di Canio with player recruitment, as owner Ellis Short has been dismayed by the club’s lack of success in the transfer market.

Short is envious of local rivals Newcastle and their ability to sign relatively unknown players from France for a fraction of the money Sunderland have spent over the last few years.

Di Canio will still have a big say in which players arrive, but he will be guided by the person who fills the vacancy, with an appointment expected in the next few weeks.

http://t.co/B2oLCNlTmf

Edited by Christmas Tree

“If we are in the hands of the Jewish community it’s the end”. Paolo.D.Canio

f062a2cba4f0.jpg

Irriducibili - Lazio ultras who attacked and stabbed Spurs fans recently while giving it the fascist salutes.

and the least said about those Status Quo jeans the better...

Edited by RedfernMag

“If we are in the hands of the Jewish community it’s the end”. Paolo.D.Canio

f062a2cba4f0.jpg

Irriducibili - Lazio fascists who attacked and stabbed Spurs fans recently while giving it the fascist salutes.

and the least said about those Status Quo jeans the better...

He simply shouldn't be allowed that much influence in society. People will no doubt look up to him.

Nobody wearing those jeans should be in a position of power.

If we can digress from discussing the fascist for a moment:

Martin O'Neill is talking on Radio 5 live now about his various issues during his 16-month tenure at Sunderland. "I would have backed myself to win more games," O'Neill said.

Asked if part of the problem was that he didn't have an alternative strategy, he responded: "I don't understand this Plan B. It is something that has come into the game in modern days. Nobody used to say Brian Clough didn't have a Plan B. It's a nonsense."

Could have something to do with the fact that Clough was a legend and you're a chequebook manager who could only win a two-horse race, Marty :rolleyes:

I knew he'd spent a lot but i didn't know the details.

I think he spent £1m or something to get promoted but I wasn't sure if that was dramatically more than anybody else.

Apparently had a lot of players in on ridiculous wages for that level of football.

Just doesn't sound like much of a achievement tbh. Like someone new training David Haye before his fight vs Audley then people claiming he must be some up and coming trainer on the back of the victory :D

Fuck of PDC!

Oh what can it mean,

To a

sad Fascist bastard

And a

Shit Mackem team.

Heard on the streets of Lisbon in the last couple of days :lol:"We've got Collocini,they've got Mussolini, na na na na...."" D.I.C.A.N.I.O.....He came from Swindon Town, to take the mackems down..."

What a load of posturing crap is contained in this thread. Is this forum full of geeks or something. Did people object to the antics of Joey Barton when he was our player ? And he actually did something wrong . What a laugh some people are.

What a load of posturing crap is contained in this thread. Is this forum full of geeks or something. Did people object to the antics of Joey Barton when he was our player ? And he actually did something wrong . What a laugh some people are.

:lol:

Are you seriously keeping up this charade?

You were sussed on your first few posts man

What a load of posturing crap is contained in this thread. Is this forum full of greeks or something. Did people object to the antics of Joey Barton when he was our player ? And he actually did something wrong . What a laugh some people are.

TT admins on a day out.......

21.jpg

(and yes people did think barton was scum when he played here, just like they thought ranger was as well)

Mincepie would be well aware of this, what with him being a proper Geordie an' that ;)

Aye not far off silhouetted Che, don't agree with some of his antics mind ;)

Mackems posting on here in disguise to justify the politics of their manager. That's beyond sad! :lol:

If Mincer is genuine, he'll have no problem posting the following, word for word,

" I , Mincepie, am not a six fingered, sister-fucking, inbred, mouthbreathing, sad mackem bastard"

Will he :lol: