Thatcher Dead

trophyshy

• Replies 740
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same funeral as Queen Mother and Diana apparently, but won't be lying in state.

Wtf? Why? I dont get it. What did she acheive?...Blair won more wars than her and the economy sorted for over a decade too. Blair and Major also acheived peace in Northern Ireland. Am not a supporter of any of these people but why all the plaudits for her?...first woman PM? isnt this now supposed to be an equal society because of the likes of her? would she like to be singled out? did she acheive more than the Pankhursts on that score? Utter, utter shite.

Kelvin MacKenzie is a prick.

agreed

We play Benfica before the mackems...(attempted) silence before the game Thursday?..

The reactions are very marmite like which is appropriate given how her abiding feature was divisiveness.

Its going to be a sickening few days with all the plaudits.

The reactions are very marmite like which is appropriate given how her abiding feature was divisiveness.

I haven't seen much of the coverage but it'd be interesting to know how balanced it is.

Am trying to keep my personal feelings out of it and compare her record with others. She changed a lot of things, but so did Roy Jenkins.As Home Secretary he abolished capital punishment and legalised both abortion and homosexuality. Roy Jenkins fundamentally changed millions of people's lives as much as Thatcher did. Some would argue more so. State funeral for Woy? not mentioned as far as I recall...

I haven't seen much of the coverage but it'd be interesting to know how balanced it is.

Thing is as soon as you "celebrate" her death you do lose a tad morality wise which I'd accept if it was anyone else.

I'll celebrate when Thatcherism is completely dead. Until then, what remote difference does her physical death make to anything? It's not even a symbolic death, as her politics won't die with her (unfortunately). Worst time for it as well, as the country is pretty much where she left off in a lot of respects. The tories will make a martyr of her.

Edited by ADP

The hash tag #nowthatchersdead is trending heavily.

The best response I've seen so far:

"Didn't realise Cher was such a politically divisive figure"

:lol:

She clung on just long enough to see her party pick up where she left off.

Would have died happy.

She definitely spawned some devils. Just got up and found out, first thing I said was 'These bastards now are just as bad' which is a damning quote for the Tories.

She definitely spawned some devils. Just got up and found out, first thing I said was 'These bastards now are just as bad' which is a damning quote for the Tories.

I imagine Cameron and Osbourne are now locked in a darkened room together giving each other a comfort wank.

Ian Duncan Smith citing her as the reason he got into politics. We can see that slaphead.

Saying she "bestrode the political world like a colossus" though. :lol: That's straight out of one of his wank fantasies.

I imagine Cameron and Osbourne are now locked in a darkened room together giving each other a comfort wank.

Ian Duncan Smith citing her as the reason he got into politics. We can see that slaphead.

Saying she "bestrode the political world like a colossus" though. :lol: That's straight out of one of his wank fantasies.

They'll be fucking loving it, man.

They'll squeeze as much out of it as they can. :lol:

The only tragedy is that she wasn't summarily executed in an armed revolution by the working classes, whose lives she destroyed.

I hope her grave will be regularly desecrated.

The most evil fucking cunt ever to draw breath in Britain; rot in hell you fucking bastard.

Me and the housemate are both on nightshifts, so when she comes down I say "Thatcher's dead"

Her immediate reply? "Who killed her?"

I like the way she thinks :D

Tony Benn was just on the radio and asked if he'd agreed with any of her policies. He couldn't think of one and emphasised that she waged war on the working classes in this country and that was deeply wrong. Best eulogy I've heard so far, the simpering sycophants have been turning my stomach.