Predictions 2013/2014

McFaul

Some gimpy mackem is abusing you on RTG, who claims to work with you. I hope he's ginger with huge spots and 3 stone overweight. That's what I'm visualising.

Aye Jonny haha, he is alright to be fair, just thinks both sides will come bottom half.

Mate, another lad in here who claims to be a Newcastle fan said I was daft to think we could finish 7th. So I asked him what would be a realistic points target, he said high 40s, so like 48, 49...that would get us 8th based on last season, so how is finishing 7th out the question like? We would only need to win 3 more games than last season to get 50 points.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye Jonny haha, he is alright to be fair, just thinks both sides will come bottom half.

Mate, another lad in here who claims to be a Newcastle fan said I was daft to think we could finish 7th. So I asked him what would be a realistic points target, he said high 40s, so like 48, 49...that would get us 8th based on last season, so how is finishing 7th out the question like? We would only need to win 3 more games than last season to get 50 points.

They all said the same when we came 5th, "ah we'll gan doon man", what's different about the side now to 2011/2012? Demba Ba and that's it. Many would've been disappointed with 8th at the start of last season, we need a couple of decent strikers, and Pards to start playing free football and we'll be sweet.

They all said the same when we came 5th, "ah we'll gan doon man", what's different about the side now to 2011/2012? Demba Ba and that's it. Many would've been disappointed with 8th at the start of last season, we need a couple of decent strikers, and Pards to start playing free football and we'll be sweet.

Darren Bent and maybe another striker in and we have the quality in midfield to play good attacking football. I think Mbiwa will do well and Debuchy too, so we could be the "best of the rest" this year.

1. Chelsea
  2. Man City
  3. Arsenal
  4. Man Utd
  5. Tottenham
  6. Liverpool
  7. Swansea
  8. West Ham
  9. West Brom
  10. Everton
  11. Newcastle
  12. Fulham
  13. Sunderland
  14. Southampton
  15. Norwich
  16. Stoke
  17. Cardiff
  18. Villa
  19. Hull
  20. Palace

FA Cup Everton

League Cup Manchester United

CL Barcelona

EL Chelsea

I will probably revise this 100 times come the start of the season of course.

Hey Ant, any chance a prediction game for this as well as match by match?

User - Table of predictions vs actual table position - number of places differences translated into points. Winner takes all at the end?

Ok, I'll chance my arm:

1. Man Utd
  2. Chelsea
  3. Liverpool
  4. Man City
  5. Arsenal
  6. Tottenham
  7. Everton
  8. Swansea
  9. West Ham
  10. West Brom
  11. Fulham
  12. Southampton
  13. Cardiff
  14. Norwich
  15. Villa
  16. Stoke
  17. Sunderland
  18. Newcastle
  19. Hull
  20. Palace
Edited by scoobos

Nice prediction, I reckon you should work at a bookies Head office.

Not sure on Man U 4th tho, but way better than I can predict.

Not sure if serious - but surely we've no idea if it's a good/completely terrible prediction until the events actually happen?

Ok, I'll chance my arm:

1. Man Utd
  2. Chelsea
  3. Liverpool
  4. Man City
  5. Arsenal
  6. Tottenham
  7. Everton
  8. Swansea
  9. West Ham
  10. West Brom
  11. Fulham
  12. Southampton
  13. Cardiff
  14. Norwich
  15. Villa
  16. Stoke
  17. Sunderland
  18. Newcastle
  19. Hull
  20. Palace

:rolleyes:

Well, you've seen my attempt jonasjuice .

RE: Liverpool I reckon perhaps so. I think in the second half of last season they looked like the players were "getting the plan" .

I picked the relegation (GAH!) because our team will be even less than it was last year by the start of this, guaranteed imo.

Villa are probably better squad wise and have experience now of the battle if they get in the relegation mixer :(

*Sob* emoticon needed.

Edited by scoobos

Villa still haven't strengthened and are going to lose Benteke and probably Bent too.

Liverpool are going to have to hope their new signings can settle in immediately and provide the game winning performances that Suarez did.

It's going to be interesting if a big-money backer comes in for Fulham because given they're a London club they'll be more attractive to Billionaires than, say, a midlands club.

The way we're going we'll be around the relegation zone if not down.

Maybe when Kinnear gets back off holiday we'll sign some ''purples''.

The way we're going we'll be around the relegation zone if not down.

Maybe when Kinnear gets back off holiday we'll sign some ''purples''.

If the promoted sides were more impressive sides I might agree, but I look at teams like Fulham, Villa, sunderland, Stoke, Cardiff, Hull and Crystal Palace and I don't see one club that has a better 1st team nor a better squad. That does leave us around 13th, but if the players we've got play the way they can, we should surpass Norwich and maybe one or two others.

I think we'll get 8th if the season turns out with the sort of good fortune we had the other year, and relegated if it doesn't. I don't see much wiggle room, the mid-table teams were really packed together this year, and we're either going to be surprisingly good or god awful.

• 3 weeks later...

So everyone standing by their initial predictions then?

Swapped Norwich for the mackems as I think the Anglians have strengthened a lot more than I thought they would

1. Chelsea
  2. Man City
  3. Arsenal
  4. Man Utd
  5. Tottenham
  6. Liverpool
  7. Swansea
  8. West Ham
  9. West Brom
  10. Everton
  11. Newcastle
  12. Fulham
  13. Norwich
  14. Southampton
  15. Sunderland
  16. Stoke
  17. Cardiff
  18. Villa
  19. Hull
  20. Palace

FA Cup Everton

League Cup Manchester United

CL Barcelona

EL Chelsea

Nee way Martinez is going to fluke 2 cups in 2 seasons

Could anyone have predicted that the two domestic cups were going to Wigan and Swansea? That's why I'm going for a long shot.

1 Chelsea

2 Man City

3 Man U

4 Tottenham

5 Arsenal

6 Liverpool

7 Swansea

8 Newcastle

9 Everton

10 West Ham

11 Sunderland

12 WBA

13 Palace

14 Fulham

15 Southampton

16 Norwich

17 Aston Villa

18 Cardiff

19 Stoke

20 Hull

Mourinho to do his magic.

Edited by Park Life

• 2 weeks later...

I'm surprised people have such little faith in Arsenal. Wenger is the only title contending manager that was at his club last year. From the window closing on Feb 1st up to the end of the season arsenal topped the league by 5 points. He really seemed to have found their groove.

Predixting 5th and below seems mad to me when they have qualified for champions league so consistently...and are now actually able to spend big.