Supermarkets

Christmas Tree

I have a bloated mortgage now too. Ocado is out of the question.

Weekly shop for 50 quid this morning. C'est comment je roule.

Weekly shop for £50 notes? Is Quinoa really that pricey?

Don't you own a freezer?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's cheap for two people. What am I supposed to be buying that goes in the freezer?

Meat. Fish.

Either before you've made something with them or after. It's always a good idea to have a few portions of bolognese in the freezer.

Asda, isn't it?

No I don't shop in ASDA, I just receive £5 vouchers for it.

Half in Sainsbury's half in Waitrose. Depends which tube station I get off at

As much as I would love it to be true there is absolutely no way in hell either of us look under the legal drinking age, or 20, or 24. I have met a number of people from here a good 5 years ago and I am pretty sure they will back me up on this :lol:

If a 17 year old looked like me he should be allowed as much alcohol as he wants, for free, whenever he wants. He deserves it the poor sod.

Never been pulled for ID since I was 17 and I'm now 39, I sometimes wonder if different towns/cities are worse than up here, though with the lack of common sense.

I once went up to asda in Benton with just my then 9 year old daughter to get a few bits and bobs including a bottle of vodka. As the lass at the till grabbed the vodka to scan it I kept a hold of it and turned to my bairn and said, "Now are you sure this is the one you want?" before turning round to grin at the checkout lass, (well named as there was plenty of 'checking out' going on) and it was quite funny to see the look of shock on her face turn to realisation that I was joking and she had a laugh about it. I sometimes also pop up to Sainsburys in Heaton and it would've been interesting to see if the 'realisation' time would've been any quicker had I done that there just for Gemmill's sake you understand.

I'd have been calling you and your lass all the cunts going if I'd been behind you when you just left your stuff on the conveyor belt, mind. :D

Ugh Asda peasant alert. :razz:

I was at Sainsbury this morning actually. Whilst there I was looking at my social betters and for a BT ad look-a-like as well. Anyway, I looked down at my shoes while I shopped out of shame and apologised to the Manager for bringing the level of clientele down by my presence as I left.

:D

I can't stand Tesco's mind. I've been dragged into the one down by Norham Road a couple of times and apart from the terrible entry into the car park through an industrial estate, the shop itself is crap and most of the shoppers look strange down there.

Worst shoppers by a mile are a big percentage of M&S shoppers. You can't get moved for fucking beige, man! Nee wonder middle class pensioners are always crying skint! :D

Never been pulled for ID since I was 17 and I'm now 39, I sometimes wonder if different towns/cities are worse than up here, though with the lack of common sense.

I once went up to asda in Benton with just my then 9 year old daughter to get a few bits and bobs including a bottle of vodka. As the lass at the till grabbed the vodka to scan it I kept a hold of it and turned to my bairn and said, "Now are you sure this is the one you want?" before turning round to grin at the checkout lass, (well named as there was plenty of 'checking out' going on) and it was quite funny to see the look of shock on her face turn to realisation that I was joking and she had a laugh about it. I sometimes also pop up to Sainsburys in Heaton and it would've been interesting to see if the 'realisation' time would've been any quicker had I done that there just for Gemmill's sake you understand.

I'd have been calling you and your lass all the cunts going if I'd been behind you when you just left your stuff on the conveyor belt, mind. :D

Brilliant :lol:

Just done my shopping online at Sainburys. No hassle, will be delivered in the morning and I didn't have to set foot in the Galleries.

It's all good :)

• 1 year later...

I normally shop on a daily/two day basis at the co-op at the top of my street but the next nearest one is an Aldi. I had to drop my car off yesterday to get something minor fixed and so walked back from the dealers and decided to go to the the Aldi just out of interest.

I hadn't realised it was so brandless - I thought it was just "normal" stuff cheaper but they obviously source everything from alternatives. It seemed like good value - I spent about £12 on stuff I'd guess would be a few quid more at the co-op but I've realised some of the altenatives like yoghurts are pretty bland. However I did get some chicken which was decent so maybe their meat section is okay.

Aldi is good imo. Cheap and, in general, pretty good quality. Their booze, for example, is excellent (the really cheap stuff is shit but that's the same with every other supermarket). Pay about 5 or 6 quid for a bottle of wine there and you can pretty much guarantee it'll be pretty nice. I quite often buy their 8 year old blended Scotch too. It's about 12 or 13 pound and is much nicer than comparable products (Famous Grouse, Bell's and the like). They get some fantastic stuff in a Xmas too. Last year I got a bottle of Margaux for Xmas day, a 30 y.o. Scotch, a 15 year old rum, an 18 year old Malt and (probably the best of the lot) a 30 year old tawny Port. The fruit and veg is good too.

Edited by Alex