Tom

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do canio best player by a mile

Atmosphere shockingly bad

Cool design hoardings great

Agree., Nikos the Greek ran him very close.

fragglesjp_zps85d644ea.jpg ussjp_zps5e768a4c.jpg

Looks like we had more fun than you did CT ;)

Fantastic, took my youngest to her first game last season for a 1-2 home loss to Swansea. Her face on emerging out of the bowels to see the pitch and the stands for the first time was priceless.

2012-11-17144912.jpg

(After she'd calmed down). :D

That's a gorgeous pic! She looks so happy :)

He's been on a stadium tour when the place was empty but as I took that pic tonight he was saying "Whooooaaaa!"

He did spend a fair bit of the game with his hands over his ears like cos everything was just too loud. His favourite bit was the booing apparently :lol:

@@Ant - did you say it was going to be out on DVD? It'll be class to have a permanent record of his first game. One day he'll understand the legends he saw tonight.

That's a gorgeous pic! She looks so happy :)

He's been on a stadium tour when the place was empty but as I took that pic tonight he was saying "Whooooaaaa!"

He did spend a fair bit of the game with his hands over his ears like cos everything was just too loud. His favourite bit was the booing apparently :lol:

@@Ant - did you say it was going to be out on DVD? It'll be class to have a permanent record of his first game. One day he'll understand the legends he saw tonight.

This is the pay off for not getting a shite in peace. :D

Cracking night, too pissed to write anything coherent. Few pics ill hoy up later. Bit surreal handing the trophy over and was concentrating not going arse over tit on the grass.

Di Canio played well for a twat. Few of our players still showed a bit of spark. Harper taking the piss out of the club a bit and JFK quite funny after the game. Gneet.

Agree., Nikos the Greek ran him very close.

Fantastic, took my youngest to her first game last season for a 1-2 home loss to Swansea. Her face on emerging out of the bowels to see the pitch and the stands for the first time was priceless.

Posted Image

(After she'd calmed down). :D

What a cheeky face she's pulling :lol:

Catmag, that photo is amazing, he'll look back at that photo forever.

Wow CT's first and last testimonial and he's not going again cos it was boring. Fish has already said everything that needs saying, you continually embarrass yourself, it was about raising money for worthy local causes and saying thanks. but its always about CT right? Shameful

Catmag, that photo is amazing, he'll look back at that photo forever.

Wow CT's first and last testimonial and he's not going again cos it was boring. Fish has already said everything that needs saying, you continually embarrass yourself, it was about raising money for worthy local causes and saying thanks. but its always about CT right? Shameful

Oh do fuck off and take pretentious Fish with you, you whinging girls blouse.

I said the atmosphere was crap, it was.

That's not distracting in any way from the money raised for charity (which I contributed to btw).

It's like someone going on safari, calling it crap and being labelled an animal hater.

For the record, it's poisonous little snipes from you and the likes of Fish that tend to lead to this places lowest moments.

I'm sure if Stevie or another regular happen to mention a poor atmosphere your silence will be deafening.

CT never ceases to amaze with the contrary twatfullness like.

The standard of football at Rob Lee's testimonial was much higher CT, but it was a fucking embarrassment as a testimonial. Last night was a great occasion for Harper and for the charities he is supporting. Everyone involved, playing or watching was there to see that happen and have a bit of a laugh at the roly poly bald folk...

..perhaps that's what touched a nerve?

Anyway, moving on, the one thing that surprised me was the reception for Joey Barton. It was one of the biggest of the night. The fella is contemptible scum, i wouldn't mind his paid stint in jail at our expense if he hadn't been so instrumental in our relegation after getting out, idiotically getting sent off at Liverpool.

He made partial amends during the promotion season and our first year back up, but how that justifies that glorious welcome is beyond me, especially when (for example) Brian Kilcline got a gentle applause. Kilcline was the signing that Newcastle's past 20+ years has been built on. i was all for politely applauding the lad, but I think people like his Twitter feed more than his Newcastle service.

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Credit to the lads and lasses who pulled it all together. I know on the night there were a few stressed people involved in all the comings and goings and you maybe don't appreciate that until you are stuck in the middle watching them.

It was a great spectacle and for a moment let me slip back to when I used to come to SJP to see the players and the football without thinking of the bullshit behind it. Sure the crowd wasn't jumping but in pockets it was nice to hear some old songs and appreciation to some old players.

Great funds being raised for some fantastic local charities.

Highlight of my night was cracking on with Kilcline who to this day is a nutter but a great sport. What a sound bloke and good laugh.

Hats off to Di Canio as well. He didn't have to come and he showed a bit of class, something our friends down the road would do well to learn from.

Oh do fuck off and take pretentious Fish with you, you whinging girls blouse.

I said the atmosphere was crap, it was.

That's not distracting in any way from the money raised for charity (which I contributed to btw).

It's like someone going on safari, calling it crap and being labelled an animal hater.

For the record, it's poisonous little snipes from you and the likes of Fish that tend to lead to this places lowest moments.

I'm sure if Stevie or another regular happen to mention a poor atmosphere your silence will be deafening.

This places lowest moments are almost exclusively provided by you man. Every fucker on here loves football and more or less have similar views on the club or team. You on the other hand are clueless when it comes to both and spot your dummy out whenever anyone pulls you on it. Time for another self enforced Internet break again?

I didn't make Shearers testimonial but heard the atmosphere was great. This was shit.

You weren't at Shearer's so you won't remember the thousands upon thousands of Scotch pissheeds that came down for it and never stopped singing throughout.

The AC Milan travelling contingent wasn't quite there to bounce off last night was it.

Well, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Credit to the lads and lasses who pulled it all together. I know on the night there were a few stressed people involved in all the comings and goings and you maybe don't appreciate that until you are stuck in the middle watching them.

It was a great spectacle and for a moment let me slip back to when I used to come to SJP to see the players and the football without thinking of the bullshit behind it. Sure the crowd wasn't jumping but in pockets it was nice to hear some old songs and appreciation to some old players.

Great funds being raised for some fantastic local charities.

Highlight of my night was cracking on with Kilcline who to this day is a nutter but a great sport. What a sound bloke and good laugh.

Hats off to Di Canio as well. He didn't have to come and he showed a bit of class, something our friends down the road would do well to learn from.

Aye Di Canio was a real star last night. Still looks quality on the ball as well.

Posted Image

Aye, we're petrified of having an argument with Stevie like. Having arguments is the whole point of Stevie. :D

For what it's worth I do think you get disproportionate stick when you come up with an offbeat view on something, but then you do have a bit of a history of that kind of thing...

You weren't at Shearer's so you won't remember the thousands upon thousands of Scotch pissheeds that came down for it and never stopped singing throughout.

The AC Milan travelling contingent wasn't quite there to bounce off last night was it.

Listen, this doesn't need charts or graphs or detailed analysis.

I thought such a good occasion, for a great cause, with legends on the pitch, loads in the stand who can't usually get in and loads of kids present would have lead to a fantastic atmosphere with lots of singing and scarf waving. Most of the time it was like a library in the Leazes.

If remarking on that is so heinous then those offended need to GET A FUCKING LIFE :)

Innit? It's enough to make a man a little broody... :o

!!!

I'm already there mate. My daughter is 16 months old but we don't live near Newcastle anymore...I can't decide if it's fair to inflict NUFC on her as a third generation fan....and Barcelona about 2 hours down the road... :scratchchin:

We'll see.... :nufc:

Could you see yourself being a daddy at some point then?

Listen, this doesn't need charts or graphs or detailed analysis.

I thought such a good occasion, for a great cause, with legends on the pitch, loads in the stand who can't usually get in and loads of kids present would have lead to a fantastic atmosphere with lots of singing and scarf waving. Most of the time it was like a library in the Leazes.

If remarking on that is so heinous then those offended need to GET A FUCKING LIFE :)

Why would loads of kids make a good atmosphere? Pissheads sing. Kids and their sober parents sit in the Leazes moaning that no-one else is making an atmosphere for them.

I agree that the atmosphere wasn't exactly fevered and that Di Canio was one of the best players. I commented as much to the lads. It's just typical CT that ALL you choose to take from the occasion when reporting back is to have a dig at everyone involved except the one mackem who turned out, who you single out for praise.

Everyone has told you as much.

I was going to say, isn't that nice?

And I was all for the NUFC-inflicting until "and Barcelona about 2 hours down the road". Defining what constitutes a deal-breaker when it comes to your kids and their allegiance is a personal business and all, but that's got to come pretty close. :D

(As for thinking about being a daddy, only very recently, really - and realistically it almost certainly won't happen, but still. I thought I'd told my brain what's what, but apparently even it can't override the tick-tock-tick-tock of the mid-30s. :lol: )