Other Games

Park Life

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. Take nothing for granted. Got our arses served to us last time precisely because we underestimated them. I'd like to think Pardew and all the players will have learnt something from that.

Aye, I want to see them come out with the same tempo we started today at and keep them on the backfoot. The fact they haven't sold out yet shows what their fans feel about the match, just hope like you say our players learnt from last year and aren't walking in already assuming it's 3 points in the bag.

A good amount of them still fancy themselves to beat us, "it's only logical that things we will turn round for us next week and we start winning again getting points and have a good run up to the end of the season. ". If we approach the game like we approached todays they stand no chance, I understand the point that Poyet has had our number in the past but their squad (including all their shot confidence and fan unrest) is really really shit. Like I said before I just really hope the players approach this one in a professional manner, hopefully they have their backs up after being embarrassed last time.

Aye seems to have calmed down a little bit mind, read something before on BBC saying Lee Clark had a big hand on settling him down while he was on loan at Birmingham. Nolan no doubt has had a word in all, similar to what he had with Carroll.

Yeah Nolan's good with stuff like that! Which is strange because you'd think Manchester (Heath) would be the best in the country at straightening out young wrong 'uns.

Aye agreed, Ferguson and co didn't work on him but Clark and Nolan did it's a bit bizarre. West Ham are playing some decent stuff mind, why did Allardyce set us up so shite the entire time he was here when he's capable of putting out sides like this.

Just watching the clash of the titans that is FC Dallas v Seattle Sounders, I never really watch MLS but was interested to see what Dempsey looked like; he looks distinctly average in this game tbh, don't know if he's just having a bad game or if he's really dropped to this level only a year or 2 after he was a decent prem player.