Other Games

Park Life

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watching the clash of the titans that is FC Dallas v Seattle Sounders, I never really watch MLS but was interested to see what Dempsey looked like; he looks distinctly average in this game tbh, don't know if he's just having a bad game or if he's really dropped to this level only a year or 2 after he was a decent prem player.

MLS is really competitive this year - a few games left to go until the playoffs and anyone could win it.

I don't much like the playoff structure, I prefer having a proper League table and having the best team after the end of the season win.

It does provide some upsets though, and in the run in during these last few games the wheels have COMPLETELY fallen off, losing 5-1, 4-1, 1-0, and now 2-0, when they were at the top of the table previously. It's some great football with some great young players who are using it as a stepping stone to bigger leagues.. I'd be happy to talk more about it if anyone's interested.

Fiorentina have come from 0-2 to lead Juventus 4-2.

Former Newcastle loanee Giuseppe Rossi with a well taken hat trick.

Amazing game! :lol:

I vaguely remember Rossi - turned into a fantastic player, shame he never looked it here.

Lamela is meant to be a bit of a wonderkid...Looking forward to see him when he gets games.

He's a great player, built a little bit like C.Ronaldo & he also plays inverted, cuts in for the shot etc gets a few goals but is quite creative too.

I think he'll blossom in the premier league but on current form he'll have a job shifting Townsend. :up:

He's a great player, built a little bit like C.Ronaldo & he also plays inverted, cuts in for the shot etc gets a few goals but is quite creative too.

I think he'll blossom in the premier league but on current form he'll have a job shifting Townsend. :up:

He plays upside down? Fucking genius player.

Nah, you're alright.

;)

Yeaaaah didnt think so ;)

I'll update you all if anything gets at all interesting.

For the record, I'm Newcastle through-and-through, I've drank the 'Premier League is the best League in the world' kool-aid and all that.

But having worked within MLS for a few months now, it is a pretty exciting league. Some quality goals scored every week, and heading into the playoffs there's 7-8 teams who could conceivably win the League. It's a nice change from the usual 3-4 title contenders in the Premier League, even if the quality is at a mid-lower Championship level at best.