Other Games

Park Life

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The commentators here in the US are slobbering all over Rooney, but I have to say it is consistent with what I expect from him - selfish play. Instead of making a play, he has to take the shot - even if it's a 40 or 50 yard rainbow lob. He was fortunate that the keeper misplayed it. Still Rooney, still selfish.

If this weren't ManU, I would say Rafael will be off by no later than 60 min mark or so. But as he plays for ManU he'll continue to get away with his shenanigans.

Rafael is a walking red card, it's bizarre - I'm sure he wasn't always like that. Not sure I agree on Rooney entirely though, I think his overall team play is actually a lot better than it used to be, he can be very unselfish. Have to say I don't watch them much though, but he played well against Olympiakos I thought - good team player.

Man Utd with some aid from West Ham ruining our plans for a glorious late season push to seventh place here.

:lol: I love the sarcasm.

On the goal, I agree with respect of lobbing generally, but 50 yards man... I know you see them attempted quite often and 90% of the time they're off target (and so odds are that occasionally they have to go in), but even so, fair play to him.

:lol: I love the sarcasm.

On the goal, I agree with respect of lobbing generally, but 50 yards man... I know you see them attempted quite often and 90% of the time they're off target (and so odds are that occasionally they have to go in), but even so, fair play to him.

It's a great goal, don't get me wrong. Apparently Toure scored a beauty today as well though. The media will rave about Rooney's goal most though, because it's Rooney.

Didn't see until now that Alonso got sent off for Mackems either. That's canny. I think he's their best player tbh, they will miss him.

Says a lot really. Wasn't he a Bolton reject?

I think their best player is Ki Seung Yung or however you spell it. Not even their player.

Says a lot really. Wasn't he a Bolton reject?

I think their best player is Ki Seung Yung or however you spell it. Not even their player.

Aye he's ex Bolton. Though to be fair he has put in some canny performances for this season.

Ki's canny aye. Got problems though when you are subbing him in the first half for 'awa Catts' though. :lol:

Must have been about 6 or 7 when you still played in quite small nets and 7-a-side, had a brief phase of going in goal.

The opposition punts a long goal kick forward, I come out to collect, the wind was all over the place, ball bounces a few yards ahead of me straight over my head and straight into the net, with me falling over as my little legs back-pedalled like there was no tomorrow.

Pretty much ended my GK career, get flashbacks every time I see one similar since. Still embarrassed.

I think Rooney's goal is wonderful. On the half volley, deliberately putting some bend on it, lovely stuff.

Better than Beckham's imo. Anyone who has the ability to deliver a long straight ball could score Beckham's. A Carrick, or a Kyle Walker, but to hit a ball like that and get the action on it takes more skill.

Also, in response to Graing's complaint about Rooney being selfish. If that attempt had followed 35 minutes of frustration where Man Utd were being wasteful, I'd agree, however it was the 8th minute in a game that Man Utd always win. Also, Rooney has 11 League assists, 2nd only to Suarez, so I'd argue he's not selfish, he probably just suffers by frequently having only Wellbeck and not Van Persie to pass to.

I think Rooney's goal is wonderful. On the half volley, deliberately putting some bend on it, lovely stuff.

Better than Beckham's imo. Anyone who has the ability to deliver a long straight ball could score Beckham's. A Carrick, or a Kyle Walker, but to hit a ball like that and get the action on it takes more skill.

Also, in response to Graing's complaint about Rooney being selfish. If that attempt had followed 35 minutes of frustration where Man Utd were being wasteful, I'd agree, however it was the 8th minute in a game that Man Utd always win. Also, Rooney has 11 League assists, 2nd only to Suarez, so I'd argue he's not selfish, he probably just suffers by frequently having only Wellbeck and not Van Persie to pass to.

Agreed, he was perfectly entitled to give it a go, he battled and won the ball saw the keeper off his line and put a bit of swerve on it to fool the keeper, it was mint.

I know it's seemingly trendy for people to give Rooney a tough time but he's a fucking cracking player, 3rd top scorer in Man Utd history now and only 37 goals behind Charlton so he's almost nailed on to become their top scorer one day. His work rate is excellent and he's got a good range of passing, I don't see him as a greedy player tbh I think that's something you can level better at RVP but at the end of the day you want your strikers to be a bit selfish.

we dont know yet they could still get out of it but i am hoping they do and the toon fans or geordies will have the last laugh and we know who to thank paolo di canio hahahahahaha.

:lol:

Surprised that doesnt seem to have made much news

Probably because Cardiff are an irrelevance.. Fair play to him though :lol:

Edited by Rayvin

So, I think Southampton winning today will be good for us, cos it might mean Spurs collapse a bit and we could potentially catch them. We have a game in hand over Southampton anyway, so their victory is recoverable.

...I'd love to be thinking this sort of thing as if it could actually happen.