Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By Anthony Marshall - Newcastle United Club Reporter

"Ever since Andy Carroll left, Papiss was my first choice in the specific role he has at the end of the play.

"He is a finisher with an already-established CV in the Bundesliga, where we have monitored him for the best part of two years.

"Unfortunately he was out of reach, financially, for us in the summer, but it recently became apparent that Derek Llambias and Lee Charnley could do the deal in this window."

I think that explains why Maiga 'failed' his medical in December.

This signing has been a very pleasant surprise to me. Of course the window's still got a couple of weeks left, but any signing(s) we made in this window I thought would be reactionary to one of our 'big guns' going for big money. It now appears as though they were doing business the sensible way - by not talking as if we had any money to spend, nevermind amounts.

Trying not to get carried away, but hopefully a left-back and centre-back are in their sights as well.

Anyone know when we are expecting marveaux to return back from injury?

A few weeks before he departs on his next injury break from all accounts.

Never go on RTG much. I'm definitely gonna start doing so more often now though. I'm sure i've seen about 8 threads on him, all of which are sour grapes :lol:, what idiots

go on all the time it is best place for news on nufc

Never go on RTG much. I'm definitely gonna start doing so more often now though. I'm sure i've seen about 8 threads on him, all of which are sour grapes :lol:, what idiots

go on all the time it is best place for news on nufc

Mostly threads slagging off Newcastle. Two slagging off Coventry and a few on Sunderland :D

Funny how this wasn't trailed at all. Media kept in the dark till a few hours before the deal was completed. Its always those long running sagas that end in disappointment. This is exactly the way to do business

Funny how this wasn't trailed at all. Media kept in the dark till a few hours before the deal was completed. Its always those long running sagas that end in disappointment. This is exactly the way to do business

There seemed to be an assumption he was going to Sunderland, so nobody outside of the SR postcode area gave a fuck about it.

Totally agree, much better when it just comes out of the blue.

Loving this lack of communication from the club!!! ;)

Fucking calm down man, CT. What a bed wetter.

Buzzzzzzzzzzzing!!!!!!!!

Think someones slipped me something!

A length?

:lol: Walked into that.

;) <--- That's not a come on btw