Papiss Demba Cisse

Barney

Those stats show a clear reason why we would be happy to sell him. He's not available enough to score enough goals and he's playing less and less each season.

The fact that we don't have anyone else who can score means that despite that, we can't really afford to let him go. Unless we sign a proven player I think we'd be mad to take the risk that we'll have no one to score goals next season. But it's more likely that we will take a risk like that than it is that we'll sign Charlie Austin.

Isn't Thauvin more a wide player by the way?

Agree with this. To be honest, in a perfect world we should have already signed Austin & Dost thereby reducing the impact Cisse's departure may have. I don't think many would mind his exit if it had been preceded by Austin + A.N.Other's arrival.

I think Cisse's star is waning and given we're not renewing his contract it seems folly to allow him to see it out when (if the rumours have any substance) we can get c£10m for him.

That said, if those rumours do have substance, it beggars belief that we're trying to lowball other clubs when the market is so clearly skewed.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with this. To be honest, in a perfect world we should have already signed Austin & Dost thereby reducing the impact Cisse's departure may have. I don't think many would mind his exit if it had been preceded by Austin + A.N.Other's arrival.

I think Cisse's star is waning and given we're not renewing his contract it seems folly to allow him to see it out when (if the rumours have any substance) we can get c£10m for him.

That said, if those rumours do have substance, it beggars belief that we're trying to lowball other clubs when the market is so clearly skewed.

Aye, that we could think that we could get £10m for a player who has been injured for most of the last two seasons and had a couple of season where he struggled to score and then pay the same for someone who's just come in a scored 17 goals for a team who got relegated beggars belief.

If we had as proven a player as Austin and another who looks a decent bet to score, along with SDJ, Perez and even Riviere you'd be pretty content to sell Cisse at this stage of his career. But there's absolutley zero faith in the club to follow through with their own promises.

Those stats are misleading.

Thauvin is an AM/Wing in the Hatem mould so I didn't expect his goalscoring stats to be great...More a creator than a finisher, same for Berahino who is a bit more of a striker but also does a lot of work outside the box in the first attack phase. These are both good players and would be happy with either...I was a big fan of Ber and wanted him last year when he was cheaper...Might be out of our price range now.

Austin is a fat lump of nothing and he might have got some goals but will be found out soon.

Cisse is pretty much finished and we should get as much as poss as soon as poss.

Those stats are misleading.

Thauvin is an AM/Wing in the Hatem mould so I didn't expect his goalscoring stats to be great...More a creator than a finisher, same for Berahino who is a bit more of a striker but also does a lot of work outside the box in the first attack phase. These are both good players and would be happy with either...I was a big fan of Ber and wanted him last year when he was cheaper...Might be out of our price range now.

Austin is a fat lump of nothing and he might have got some goals but will be found out soon.

Cisse is pretty much finished and we should get as much as poss as soon as poss.

I read before that we'd be happy to pay the £15m, but for Berahino rather than Austin. Of course West Brom want £30m like!

The club is at it's best again I see, get rid of Cisse who can score goals but keep Riviere who can't. Mmmmmm I can see the logic in that.

Riviere will be the new Alan Smith. Nae fucker would take him of our hands.

Riviere will be the new Alan Smith. Nae fucker would take him of our hands.

Well yeah, I can see that happening. I bet Monaco were pissing themselves laughing when the club asked if we could buy him.

Reckon if we didn't ask Cisse to come 60 yards deep and hoof aimless crosses at him, he'd probably score plenty of goals. He's certainly not a shit finisher, hardly his our fault the teams he's played in have been ridiculously negative.

Aye, I'd question how well anyone would do with that type of service.