US election 2016

Happy Face

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True enough, but they consider us to be 'elites' who care nothing for the challenges of their everyday lives. Which isn't entirely untrue...

And they're too stupid to realise that the right cares even less about them.

And they're too stupid to realise that the right cares even less about them.

Also true. Although if the working class see immigration as the thing 'keeping them down' and their goals align with the racist right, they may view it as them benefitting either way.

To be honest, the centre-left really could have done more to see this off by actually listening to these people.

Some of his responses seemed little more than free-associative non-sequiturs. “I have a son who’s 10, he’s so good with computers,” said Trump when asked about US cybersecurity weaknesses.

:lol:

My favorite part was where he talked about how great stop and frisk worked in NYC, Holt told him that stop and frisk had been found unconstitutional and he responded "nope you're wrong" :lol: he then carried on talking about how great stop and frisk is, despite the fact that Holt was spot on. I can't help but feel he had forgotten it had been found unconstitutional and had prepared to big it up so carried on anyway.

Edited by Howay

:lol: It's terrifying that this bloke is in with a very real chance of winning.

He also said that he was a much more controlled person than Hilary, two minutes later she brought up a time that he had heard about American sailors being 'taunted' by some Iranian soldiers who were on a small boat and he said "I would have blown them out of the water" he then responded by saying "yeah if they're taunting us we should", and then after Hilary said "yeah and cause a war" he said "it absolutely would not" :lol: You're spot on Donald blowing up a bunch of soldiers from another nation would cause no aggressive response from them.

The good thing if he wins is a lot of his policies are unconstitutional or pie in the sky so he'll have very little he can implement.  Stop and frisk, deporting muslims, Making Mexico pay for a wall, repealing Obamacare (already attempted 60 times)... it's all bollocks.,

The good thing if he wins is a lot of his policies are unconstitutional or pie in the sky so he'll have very little he can implement.  Stop and frisk, deporting muslims, Making Mexico pay for a wall, repealing Obamacare (already attempted 60 times)... it's all bollocks.,

Aye, it's also very unlikely anyone will cooperate. He's already said ridiculous things in the past about how he doesn't need to cooperate with the speaker of the house (he issued a pathetic apology iirc because someone on his team filled him in that he really would need the speakers cooperation). It would be 4 years of utter gridlock and attempts to pass laws that would be found unconstitutional as you say.

Just finished watching it, very entertaining.  Going to look at the analysis now.

:lol: It's terrifying that this bloke is in with a very real chance of winning.

I honestly don't think he has even a remote shot.  The really sad thing is, 40% of voters will still vote for him.

He's the Brexit campaign in (single) human form, then. That one's working out nicely. :glare:

CtVYGEqWcAQEDG0.jpg

Marvel at the verbal dexterity in Trumps debating skills.

He's gonna make D.A.R.Y.L. his intelligence chief.

:lol:  He's honestly like a horrible cross of your senile grandma and an 8yo child.

Just finished watching it, very entertaining.  Going to look at the analysis now.

I honestly don't think he has even a remote shot.  The really sad thing is, 40% of voters will still vote for him.

I hope you're right but what I see around me is worrying. I live in a Republican town, in a Democrat state, the Republicans in this town are what you'd call financial Republicans ("get off my money, I earned it" type as opposed to the anti-abortion, anti-gay, etc type), at first I thought they'd either not vote or perhaps even swing towards Hillary, or even just keep quiet about it and vote for him. I'm seeing more and more Trump lawn signs round here by the day, there are also a lot of bumper stickers and stickers on stop signs, lamp posts etc supporting him, there is definitely far more Trump signage around here than there was for Romney last election (although there is a guy with a truck that has a massive "Obama one and done! the nightmare WILL end" bumper sticker still on it :lol:).

If it's like this here it makes me nervous about what it's like in the swing states. He is also now getting backed by people who said they'd never back him (like Cruz). I'd still put my money on a Hillary win but I think it's going to be extremely tight, there are idiots who will vote for him simply because they see him as something different.

I watched it. Thought Hillary diced him up pretty good. The concern is that he is reaching out to the stupid in the same way that Brexit did though. There'll be twists and turns yet

The Brexit win is another aspect that makes me fear for a Trump win. 

He's getting an abundance of media attention much like Farage did, I think he has actually been mentioned on the Today show every single day since he announced he was running, it's basically got to the point where they run a "what is Trump up to today" segment. When there were other candidates usually any mention they would get would be if they said something about Trump or he said something about them. The media think it's entertaining and it'll get people talking/watching which it will but of course the downside to that is the massive amount of exposure he is getting off the back of it. 

He has somehow crafted himself into a 'man of the people' type of every man who got where he is through his own hard work, despite Hillary coming from lower means originally she is seen as the snobbier and more privileged candidate. It's a lot like Farage imo and we all saw what that fucking twerp helped do. 

Edited by Howay

You're not in CO are you?

Anecdotally I've been hearing some similarly worrying things, and I'd say Financial Republicans in particular are likely to vote for Trump.  Although personally all my Republican mates are either abstaining or voting Johnson and are appalled by Trump.  Have a couple Democrat mates voting Johnson too, which I think is daft, but whatever.

So he'll obviously take a bunch of Republicans, I just don't think he has any hope with the middle ground/Independents.  And he's completely fucked with the increasingly important minority voters.

The GOP must be livid though, because I think a moderate Republican would wipe the floor with Hillary (Bush/Romney/maybe Rubio).  Not sure if the likes of Cruz are even electable anymore.

I watched it. Thought Hillary diced him up pretty good. The concern is that he is reaching out to the stupid in the same way that Brexit did though. There'll be twists and turns yet

His supporters won't be swayed by the debates at all. He kept winning the primaries even as the analysts continued to slate his performances in the republican debates.

You're not in CO are you?

Anecdotally I've been hearing some similarly worrying things, and I'd say Financial Republicans in particular are likely to vote for Trump.  Although personally all my Republican mates are either abstaining or voting Johnson and are appalled by Trump.  Have a couple Democrat mates voting Johnson too, which I think is daft, but whatever.

So he'll obviously take a bunch of Republicans, I just don't think he has any hope with the middle ground/Independents.  And he's completely fucked with the increasingly important minority voters.

The GOP must be livid though, because I think a moderate Republican would wipe the floor with Hillary (Bush/Romney/maybe Rubio).  Not sure if the likes of Cruz are even electable anymore.

No I live in Northern NJ.

I get that his desire for lower taxes would appeal to financially minded Republicans I think I just assumed that the fact he's bonkers might frighten them off a bit. I can sort of see why Dems would vote for an independent as Hillary is pretty dis likable as well really but I do agree it's sort of mental to make a stand like that in this sort of election. My worry for the middle grounds is if they are enticed by the 'he's not like politicians', 'he runs a big business so he knows how to make things profitable' type of spiel.

You're spot on about the minority vote, I just cannot imagine any sane non-white person voting for him as it's clear as day the menace lurking behind him when it comes to civil rights is. Of course you have bonkers minority voters, like Don King just come out in favor of him.

I completely agree that a moderate Republican would have won, I even think Romney would have won this election let alone if it had been someone like John McCain.