US election 2016

Happy Face

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I live in Northern NJ.

I get that his desire for lower taxes would appeal to financially minded Republicans I think I just assumed that the fact he's bonkers might frighten them off a bit. I can sort of see why Dems would vote for an independent as Hillary is pretty dis likable as well really but I do agree it's sort of mental to make a stand like that in this sort of election. My worry for the middle grounds is if they are enticed by the 'he's not like politicians', 'he runs a big business so he knows how to make things profitable' type of spiel.

You're spot on about the minority vote, I just cannot imagine any sane non-white person voting for him as it's clear as day the menace lurking behind him when it comes to civil rights is. Of course you have bonkers minority voters, like Don King just come out in favor of him.

I completely agree that a moderate Republican would have won, I even think Romney would have won this election let alone if it had been someone like John McCain.

He's replicating UKIP by stealing a lot of the blue collar vote. That's where Hillary should be worried. Some of the floating working class voters in the key swing states might look past some of the endless lies and nonsense he spews. The anti globalisation and protectionist rhetoric is music to their ears

The economist Paul Krugman wrote a canny article in the NY Times today about an often overlooked reason that Trump would be a disaster:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/opinion/what-about-the-planet.html?_r=0

Having a bloke that thinks climate change is some sort of conspiracy in charge of one of the worlds largest polluters would definitely be a nightmare.

In unrelated news my Uber driver at the weekend was a young lad whose parents immigrated from Pakistan, for some odd reason he decided to ask "so who are you guys voting for, I want to know" after adding the caveat that I can't vote I gave my view on the pair of candidates before he told me that his parents and all his family are voting for Trump and that he'll probably just vote for him as well since they are. I hope Trump doesn't read or hear of this as it'd no doubt mean his next speech would include something along the lines of "look the people from Pakistan love me, they're pledging votes for me, it's beautiful, it's tremendous". What the fuck is going on?

The economist Paul Krugman wrote a canny article in the NY Times today about an often overlooked reason that Trump would be a disaster:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/opinion/what-about-the-planet.html?_r=0

Having a bloke that thinks climate change is some sort of conspiracy in charge of one of the worlds largest polluters would definitely be a nightmare.

In unrelated news my Uber driver at the weekend was a young lad whose parents immigrated from Pakistan, for some odd reason he decided to ask "so who are you guys voting for, I want to know" after adding the caveat that I can't vote I gave my view on the pair of candidates before he told me that his parents and all his family are voting for Trump and that he'll probably just vote for him as well since they are. I hope Trump doesn't read or hear of this as it'd no doubt mean his next speech would include something along the lines of "look the people from Pakistan love me, they're pledging votes for me, it's beautiful, it's tremendous". What the fuck is going on?

Well did you not ask him? Why a presumably Muslim bloke is even considering voting for a candidate who wants a complete moratorium on Muslims entering the country? Because that is more mental even than a Nissan worker voting for Brexit.

Well did you not ask him? Why a presumably Muslim bloke is even considering voting for a candidate who wants a complete moratorium on Muslims entering the country? Because that is more mental even than a Nissan worker voting for Brexit.

Aye I did, he just said he doesn't care about politics so he would just want to help his parents candidate win. I then asked if he knew why his parents wanted to vote for the bloke (I even mentioned how Trump clearly has a dislike for Muslims) and he just responded that they thought he was a great businessman, and he wasn't a normal politician, and seemed powerful, then mentioned Hillary's emails (he omitted how his parents are for a bloke who is against their religion). I was going to keep pressing but my wife was glaring at me as she gets uncomfortable anytime there's a disagreement, so I packed in and the bloke talked to my wife about how he was watching Game of Thrones. To be fair even if I had pressed I wouldn't have got a proper reason as the kid clearly had no idea, I think the fact he asked a question like that in an election as tense as this one shows that.

Edited by Howay

Trump on his best womanising techniques

“Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.”

“Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.”

“I did try and fuck her. She was married.”

His voters will love that manliness.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/donald-trump-on-getting-women-grab-them-by-the-pussy-1787545407?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Trump on his best womanising techniques

“Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.”

“Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything.”

“I did try and fuck her. She was married.”

His voters will love that manliness.

http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/donald-trump-on-getting-women-grab-them-by-the-pussy-1787545407?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_twitter&utm_source=deadspin_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

:lol: The bloke he is with in that video, Billy Bush, just got a job as one of the hosts of NBC's the Today show after the Olympics. I wonder if he'll catch any flak for that as well.

I've little to no doubt it'll just bounce off Trump mind, honestly it doesn't seem to bother the people that are wanting to vote for him.

Yeah I don't see him coming back from this. And as much as I enjoy watching anti-establishment candidates succeed, this guy as President would be a fucking disaster. If Hillary loses it now she must be even more useless than I thought.