US election 2016

Happy Face

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL POLITICIANS ARE FULL OF SHIT ESPECIALLY THAT CUNT CORBYN....... but not my Hillary..... Myyyyy precioussssssss Hillary...

Shut your face Renton. Shut it now.

I'm not the one being hypocritical here though. I think Hilary is a competent candidate, no more. Am open to evidence to the contrary, but none has been offered.

I dunno. It's funny though :lol:

This isn't a centrepiece of the debate ewerk, don't worry.

It's funny because if it was said at all it was said as a joke. But you implied it was seriously Hilary's intention to kill Assange with a drone. You've let all objectivity fly out the window. Edited by Renton

It's funny because if it was said at all or was said as a joke. But you implied it was seriously Hilary's intention to kill Assange with a drone. You've let all objectivity fly out the window.

I have? I said she should be president - but the drone strike point is something I can totally believe her saying.

I actually don't quite understand your issue here come to think of it. You've harped on and on at me about some of the opinions I have about Clinton that I have said, repeatedly, aren't my main concern with her candidacy. I'm not actually sure why I even engaged with it given that it's just used to smokescreen away from my actual point, the answer for which was never provided. What happens if the status quo continues and we get more Brexit style fiascos? What then? Logically, either your position has to be that you don't think this will happen - which is fine, although I'd be curious as to why you'd think that - or you agree that more of this shit will happen, but don't see any need for a change in course.

Welcome to other suggestions but those are the only two I can see presently. Forget about whether or not I think Clinton is a liar, because it absolutely doesn't matter. You aren't going to change my opinion on it, and I don't even see the need to justify it, really (although I have done so).

Edited by Rayvin

I'm not the one being hypocritical here though. I think Hilary is a competent candidate, no more. Am open to evidence to the contrary, but none has been offered.

You think I'm being a hypocrite because of what, exactly?

I have? I said she should be president - but the drone strike point is something I can totally believe her saying.

I actually don't quite understand your issue here come to think of it. You've harped on and on at me about some of the opinions I have about Clinton that I have said, repeatedly, aren't my main concern with her candidacy. I'm not actually sure why I even engaged with it given that it's just used to smokescreen away from my actual point, the answer for which was never provided. What happens if the status quo continues and we get more Brexit style fiascos? What then? Logically, either your position has to be that you don't think this will happen - which is fine, although I'd be curious as to why you'd think that - or you agree that more of this shit will happen, but don't see any need for a change in course.

Welcome to other suggestions but those are the only two I can see presently. Forget about whether or not I think Clinton is a liar, because it absolutely doesn't matter. You aren't going to change my opinion on it, and I don't even see the need to justify it, really (although I have done so).

All I can see is US citizens have a dichotomous choice for the near future, and apparently we are both agreed which choice is best, which is fine. As for the future, honestly, who knows. Take one step at a time.

Brexit was also a dichotomous choice in the way it was phrased and we both also agree we got the wrong outcome. And that was party due to Corbyn now wasn't it? ( ;) btw ).

:lol:

I've had a scan back actually, and this all started because of something stupid I did in truth. You asked what people had against Clinton, and I put forward the things that people say. I didn't really intend for that to become 'my position' in this whole debate, which is why I've been a bit surprised to have to defend my views on and around it.

Taking it one step at a time is fine, except that I view her as a step back. Trump would be a whole different issue - I'm not at all sure what that world would look like - but Clinton does nothing to address the problems unless she turns out to be one of the most effective Presidents in a long time. The very act of not addressing them, makes the situation worse. So it's not like we're pressing pause, in my view.

I don't blame Corbyn for Brexit in any meaningful sense. I blame Neo-Liberalism.

You think I'm being a hypocrite because of what, exactly?

Pulling Hilary up on small lies or embellishments (really, who gives a shit about the Bosnia stuff) whilst conveniently ignoring corbyn's lies. Ffs, Corbyn betrayed his fundamental beliefs over Brexit and it blatantly showed, and is a major reason the Labour party has torn itself apart. Ignoring that is hypocritical.

Pulling Hilary up on small lies or embellishments (really, who gives a shit about the Bosnia stuff) whilst conveniently ignoring corbyn's lies. Ffs, Corbyn betrayed his fundamental beliefs over Brexit and it blatantly showed, and is a major reason the Labour party has torn itself apart. Ignoring that is hypocritical.

Where did I ignore Corbyn's lies? I acknowledged them. I wasn't aware of some of them, admittedly, until ewerk pointed it out. But I called them for what they were as soon as I'd verified it.

On the Brexit bit, I just flat out disagree with you on why Labour has torn itself apart. How on earth that makes me a hypocrite is beyond me. It could make me wrong. But not a hypocrite.

Then the truth is unhelpful.

Are we talking neoliberalism as an economic and political concept here? Are you saying because the people have rejected neoliberalism (shall we just call it New Labour) they have also rejected Europe? I'm struggling to understand the connection.

The right wing, an ineffective left wing under Corbyn labour, an indolent youth, a shitload of leave lies, and a pigshit electorate were to blame imo.

Are we talking neoliberalism as an economic and political concept here? Are you saying because the people have rejected neoliberalism (shall we just call it New Labour) they have also rejected Europe? I'm struggling to understand the connection.

The right wing, an ineffective left wing under Corbyn labour, an indolent youth, a shitload of leave lies, and a pigshit electorate were to blame imo.

New Labour were a vessel for Neo-Liberalism but IMO it's really closer to a Tory ideology, so I'd group them into that as well, pretty much since Thatcher. It's just been the political norm, whatever your colours, for decades. It's bigger than party politics. Monbiot has a good article on it here which sums up most of my views:

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/apr/15/neoliberalism-ideology-problem-george-monbiot

Edited by Rayvin

Verified it? What happened to the days when a poster on here could be taken at face value?

I thought you'd appreciate my due diligence :D

The thing is, I have no issue being wrong about things as long as I'm wrong about them in a way that makes sense to me. For what it's worth, given the Article 50 issue with Corbyn, I'm now less inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt about the train ride.

Last nights episode of South Park completely annihilated Trump btw, they even had Mr. Garrison (who is meant to be Trump) saying that if he loses the election it was rigged and then after the episode I turned over to the debate just in time to see Trump say his bit about how he probably wouldn't accept the result if he lost :lol: .

I think last night Trump lost any hope of winning tbh, it was his best performance and he discussed the issues but even then he rarely divulged in any depth and after his opening 10 seconds on each point it basically became a loop back to some catch phrase. After the first hour I sensed he realized that this new tactic (clearly from his people not that thick cunt btw) was allowing Hillary to stay on the issues as well and she was fucking wiping the floor with him so he then resorted to type by simply attacking her with his usual childish bullshit at every opportunity, even leaning in to interrupt her and say in his weird quiet way "what a nasty woman, what a nasty woman" when she sniped that he would dodge taxes. 

Hillary clearly changed her way of debating as she decided to use some of his tactics by interrupting him, talking over him, and generally bringing up what an utter piece of shit the bloke is, and it got to the extremely thin skinned Trump who then reverted to type as I said above after what was a strong start (for him anyway).

At the end the moderator gave them both a minute to tell America why they should vote for them Hillary's closing remarks were very succinct, professional, issue focused and well delivered, in contrast Trump decided to use the minute he was given to attack her for about 40 seconds of it and then revert back to his ridiculous quotes of "make America great again", it was embarrassing tbh especially after he had called her a nasty woman for attacking him about five minutes prior.

I've no problem with her having a pop by calling him Putin's puppet either btw, it's been quite evident the Russians have been trying to influence the election in his favor (even at a low level if you don't believe all of it) and who can blame them? having a complete fucking moron in charge of your rivals would be a win for Russia, I'm really amazed that all the hicks that love Trump so much don't question or worry that Russia seems to like their candidate so much. Trump has also in the past talked about how much he admires people like Putin as they don't let red tape get in their way, aye Donald because he's a fucking dictator you stupid, childish, thin skinned, misogynistic, racist, stuttering, sniveling, small handed, incest wanting, fucking prick.  

The funniest bit for me is that now he has started yelling that Hillary would be "just four more years of Obama" :lol: the kicker is this is exactly what most people I talk to say they want! "ahh this election is such a shit show, can Obama just stay on for another term" and this dippy cunt is arguing that Hillary is exactly that, that'll win the floating vote :lol: .

Right can this fucking election just be over already? Honestly man, twenty more days of this fucking shit show. I'm just chuffed the debates are over, Hillary honestly looked fucking bored to tears and I don't blame her, I even caught her seemingly sighing when he went down one of his usual routes of insult about her being a liar. How the fuck does he actually stand there and call her a liar when fact checkers have him as saying things that are almost completely true about 4% of the time?

I hope this completely crushes him, I hope his business fails, I hope his wife leaves him and he has to rely on some sort of safety net that Hillary brings in to help him out when he hits rock bottom. It's honestly what he deserves for giving the really nasty side of this country a voice just when it was starting to quiet down just a little. Him and his klan (aye) of Purge wanting spawn can all fucking do one.

Edited by Howay

Oh aye and Melania Trump said he husband was influenced by Billy Bush to say the stuff in "pussy-grab-gate", I honestly think that makes it worse if they say that's the case, do you really want a President that could be influenced that easily by a no-mark, James Corden "i'll kiss up to any and everyone" type of vacuous gimp like Billy fucking Bush? :lol: :lol: