What if we'd lost World War 2

Christmas Tree

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, Jesus wept. One thing you have in common with Hitler CT is that neither of you like(d) reading books.

There's literally hundreds of video documentaries on Hitler's life btw, as I'm sure you are aware. I can't help thinking your ignorance is feigned and pure wummery though.

Seriously, Jesus wept. One thing you have in common with Hitler CT is that neither of you like(d) reading books.

There's literally hundreds of video documentaries on Hitler's life btw, as I'm sure you are aware. I can't help thinking your ignorance is feigned and pure wummery though.

We're not talking about Hitlers life though, we're talking about a documentary version of the "what if we lost the war" links that Tooj and PL hoyed up.

If you think its wummary btw just ignore it.

We're not talking about Hitlers life though, we're talking about a documentary version of the "what if we lost the war" links that Tooj and PL hoyed up.

If you think its wummary btw just ignore it.

I was responding to your comments on what Hitler's plans were. If you want to extrapolate beyond that you're into the realms of pure fiction. So you're not going to get a serious documentary on that.

But what I find distasteful is your insinuation it might have ultimately been alright. It wouldn't, it would have been a living nightmare.

Oh aye, according to Jewish law I'm as part of the tribe as they come.

But Jewish law, like most religious mumbo jumbo, is a load of old bollocks innit.

Edited by Dr Gloom

There's an episode of Hardcore History that compares Alexander the Great to Hitler and one of his points is that nobody living in Alexander's time or even in his immediate aftermath, thought he was a good man or that he had the right ideas. But, over time, his behaviour has been romanticised, in a sense, so it has had people cherry-picking the things that made him "great" and time has shone a favourable light on even the worst evil. The host suggests that, in 500 years or so time, when the world today has completely changed and this past 100 years just becomes another footnote in history, people could genuinely begin to revise Hitler's awful plans because they're so far removed from the context of the times and the afterglow of his evil. So, basically, CT, you've managed to speed up that process by 450 years because you refuse to spend a weekend watching The World At War.

Luckily :CT: was a lazy arsehole with no idea about tactics an over inflated sense of self worth and a fucking morons view on man management and politics so it never came to it.

I was responding to your comments on what Hitler's plans were. If you want to extrapolate beyond that you're into the realms of pure fiction. So you're not going to get a serious documentary on that.

But what I find distasteful is your insinuation it might have ultimately been alright. It wouldn't, it would have been a living nightmare.

1. If you know what Hitlers ultimate plan was once the likes of us had succumbed , why not just say.

2. Took and PL have already linked to books on "what if" scenarios. If there's books out there who says no documentaries.

3. If 2 was "pure fiction", how can you be so sure it would have been a "living nightmare". We have been invaded many times during our history and while the initial invasion may well be a nightmare, as time passes things change.

At one point our Northumbrian ancestors would have lived that nightmare but then later on they think "these roads are canny, that walls a good idea".

As usual though you and your distaste ride in to save the day. You big jessy.

It's a theoretical discussion about what life might have been like 60 years after an invasion. Get over yourself ;)

At one point our Northumbrian ancestors would have lived that nightmare but then later on they think "these roads are canny, that walls a good idea".

Just had to quote this. Nevermind the holocaust; he had a knack for building walls.

Someone change his name to Tannenbaum already.

It's a theoretical discussion about what life might have been like 60 years after an invasion. Get over yourself ;)

Aye but everyone else is coming it at it knowing what Hitler was all about and his penchant for murdering millions of people for the most hateful reason imaginable. Making the trains run on time is scant consolation if they're dropping you off at a murder camp because you happen to not be a glorious white hero like me. I mean, him.

:lol: I miss all the qualified Indian doctors but fuck me, the traffic congestion in and out of Amble has never been better.

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

There's an episode of Hardcore History that compares Alexander the Great to Hitler and one of his points is that nobody living in Alexander's time or even in his immediate aftermath, thought he was a good man or that he had the right ideas. But, over time, his behaviour has been romanticised, in a sense, so it has had people cherry-picking the things that made him "great" and time has shone a favourable light on even the worst evil. The host suggests that, in 500 years or so time, when the world today has completely changed and this past 100 years just becomes another footnote in history, people could genuinely begin to revise Hitler's awful plans because they're so far removed from the context of the times and the afterglow of his evil. So, basically, CT, you've managed to speed up that process by 450 years because you refuse to spend a weekend watching The World At War.

Alexander the Great assimilated many of his conquered peoples and put them in positions of military power much to the disgust of his Macedonian Generals and men, (according to historical records). I don't really think Hitler's and Alexander's World's were that similar.

Oh aye, according to Jewish law I'm as part of the tribe as they come.

But Jewish law, like most religious mumbo jumbo, is a load of old bollocks innit.

Well said Gloomy...Of course Hitler feared it as he dabbled in the dark side and went as far as to cook up a 'new mythology' for the Germans upto that point a singularly boring race.

Well said Gloomy...Of course Hitler feared it as he dabbled in the dark side and went as far as to cook up a 'new mythology' for the Germans upto that point a singularly boring race.

"dabbled in the dark side"

:lol:

Just a bit.