Politics

Christmas Tree

:lol:

What's the bit about spotting manhole covers exactly? Is that a thing? It sounds like something CT might get into I guess...

Not quite sure of the appeal like :lol:

If that's what keeping off the drink does to you I think I'll stick to being a reasonably high functioning alcoholic

I've been trying to find any relevant news about Owen Smith in the papers but it seems the world has moved on. That must be pretty depressing, I genuinely feel bad for him...

Ridiculous and entirely pointless leadership election about to come to a head I suppose. I wonder how long it'll be before the next one.

From what ive been watching over the last 24 hours, there is absolutely no chance of peace breaking out. Deselections are coming so a split or unemployment seems the only outcome.

I can't honestly see where the next feasible (non Tory) government is likely to come from. Certainly not until 2030 at the earliest.

From what ive been watching over the last 24 hours, there is absolutely no chance of peace breaking out. Deselections are coming so a split or unemployment seems the only outcome.

I can't honestly see where the next feasible (non Tory) government is likely to come from. Certainly not until 2030 at the earliest.

Same. This is post-brexit UK, much as I feared.

The problem is the Tory state cutting ideology at the root of things. It's made enough people sufficiently desperate that they've been prepared to go to extremes. Both with Corbyn and Brexit. In effect though, this is potentially a good thing. The Tories have to spend now. They have to improve people's lives. If they don't, they'll find that more and more people are prepared to vote for extreme things.

You were predicting an Osbourne landslide in 2020 about 3 months ago.

So now we have Kinnock is in despair that he'll never again see another labour government. He's 74. I'm nearly 3 decades younger, and I don't think I will either. When I was young I was naive, but never an utterl idiot like the present Corbynistas....?

Anyhow, I'm of a class and age where conservatism benefits me more than what labour can offer. I know my local MP well, if he's deslectected then my labour vote is finished.

Theres no one on either side of the Labour divide worth voting for tbh. Too many on one side tainted by New Labour, the other side hopelessly unelectable in the eyes of the country at large, partly due to them being potrayed rightly or wrongly as a bunch of raving trots. A unifying figure is needed, and a return to NL's election winning back room machine.