Politics

Christmas Tree

32 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I also reply to you when you’re not being a bitch x

I stopped replying to you when you were being a fuckwit but then I thought it would be a shame if we never got to chat

1 hour ago, Christmas Tree said:

I think you have rose tinted glasses on :lol:

If yount be bothered to read (which I strongly suggest), skip down to the conclusion.

http://www.cps.org.uk/publications/the-performance-of-privatisation-vol-ii-privatisation-and-its-effect-on-the-exchequer/#

That would be the CPS which worships the ground the bitch walked on and doesn't think she ever did anything wrong. 

Get some new fucking sources. 

17 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

I think you have rose tinted glasses on :lol:

If yount be bothered to read (which I strongly suggest), skip down to the conclusion.

http://www.cps.org.uk/publications/the-performance-of-privatisation-vol-ii-privatisation-and-its-effect-on-the-exchequer/#

The Centre for Policy Studies is a self-professed free-market think-tank, you fucking bellend. Posting that link AND simultaneously accusing someone of having a skewed view on something. :lol:  

57 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The Centre for Policy Studies is a self-professed free-market think-tank, you fucking bellend. Posting that link AND simultaneously accusing someone of having a skewed view on something. :lol:  

How they slant the data is fine, but the data, complied by the well respected NERA is unquestionable.

Feel free to highlight any figures that are incorrect.

I mean this stuff is not weird, it’s been tried, proved and tested for decades by Conservative, Labour and most of the world. What’s weird is thinking Corbyn is right :lol:

19 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

How they slant the data is fine, but the data, complied by the well respected NERA is unquestionable.

Feel free to highlight any figures that are incorrect.

I mean this stuff is not weird, it’s been tried, proved and tested for decades by Conservative, Labour and most of the world. What’s weird is thinking Corbyn is right :lol:

This almost sounds like you're saying all of this worked out in the end? It hasn't. The model has failed in a holistic sense if nothing else. For whatever gains were made economically, and there were many - a lot have fallen away since 2008. This has given rise to political unrest in the form of Brexit and Trump which is further exacerbating the whole thing.

Neoliberalism, which is defined by the privatisation of state assets for the generation of wealth for a small number of people, has, without question, fucking failed. It has thrown the world into turmoil, and is probably going to ring the death knell for the dominance of the Western political sphere in global affairs.

If Corbyn's model offers a form of political and social healing while also providing a stimulus to the economy then quite frankly, the free market capitalists can get to fuck. The problem in truth was never the free market - it was the rich who corrupted it and moulded it into something that benefitted them beyond any sense of fairness. That model has to die. It can't survive, it's too damaging.

Edited by Rayvin

52 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

This almost sounds like you're saying all of this worked out in the end? It hasn't. The model has failed in a holistic sense if nothing else. For whatever gains were made economically, and there were many - a lot have fallen away since 2008. This has given rise to political unrest in the form of Brexit and Trump which is further exacerbating the whole thing.

Neoliberalism, which is defined by the privatisation of state assets for the generation of wealth for a small number of people, has, without question, fucking failed. It has thrown the world into turmoil, and is probably going to ring the death knell for the dominance of the Western political sphere in global affairs.

If Corbyn's model offers a form of political and social healing while also providing a stimulus to the economy then quite frankly, the free market capitalists can get to fuck. The problem in truth was never the free market - it was the rich who corrupted it and moulded it into something that benefitted them beyond any sense of fairness. That model has to die. It can't survive, it's too damaging.

Well we are never going to agree on this. Whatever needs fixing the answer isn’t John McDonnel.

I also don’t think the social ills of the country are quite as bad as some people make out.

Virtually everyone has a better standard of living than pre Thatcher and the free markets has lifted millions out of poverty around the world.

The problems in this country are caused by low productivity (caused by decades of under investment) and short term political thinking. (Not building enough council houses, not addressing problems like NHS / Social care / pensions etc).

It requires strong centre ground politics, longer term planning and not some Venezuelan type fantasy politics.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Well we are never going to agree on this. Whatever needs fixing the answer isn’t John McDonnel.

I also don’t think the social ills of the country are quite as bad as some people make out.

Virtually everyone has a better standard of living than pre Thatcher and the free markets has lifted millions out of poverty around the world.

The problems in this country are caused by low productivity (caused by decades of under investment) and short term political thinking. (Not building enough council houses, not addressing problems like NHS / Social care / pensions etc).

It requires strong centre ground politics, longer term planning and not some Venezuelan type fantasy politics.

I'm more positive now, than at any point in the past two years, that I have the right of this. Capitalism has served a grand purpose, but has been soiled and degraded by parasitic rich people. They need to be removed if it is ever going to recover. And if they won't be removed, a new system will replace them. The centreground has nothing to offer until it embraces this, and its refusal to do so leaves us in a battle of extremes.

They're playing you for a fool by making you think that what you're supporting is the same capitalism that brought us to such a high standard of living. It's not. What's on offer now is a toxic and cynical wealth grab. Money funnels upwards. Which is why the standard of living is falling. I'm not saying you have to believe Corbyn's vision - and I've said before that politically, I'm a centrist with socially left wing leanings - but you have to choose something that will fix this. And the options on the table are far right, and moderate left (that the media is trying to call far left. Far left would be if they were calling for an end to private ownership of literally everything). Choose moderate left. Any other choice just makes the far right more likely to win. The centre has nothing to offer until we solve this ideological identity crisis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

:blink:

What a fucking weird bubble you live in. 

Give over man, compare your average working mans lifestyle in the 70’s to what that of today. No comparison.

whether it’s overseas holidays, car ownership, eating out etc etc.

Silly to argue otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Give over man, compare your average working mans lifestyle in the 70’s to what that of today. No comparison.

whether it’s overseas holidays, car ownership, eating out etc etc.

Silly to argue otherwise.

You reckon virtually everyone can afford this? Oh yeah, I forgot, you're the bloke that claimed you were officially in poverty whilst pissing away hundreds of pounds on stupid hobbies, buying the latest gadgets, and holidaying in cote d'azure. Not to mention "pub nights" and a takeaway duck pizza every other night. 

Fuck me. We live in the north east of England, an area whose industry was utterly decimated during the Thatcher years and real jobs were replaced with shite like working in a call centre, stacking shelves, or, if you were really unlucky, driving a minicab. Do you really think the average person from this region is better off now than then? Are they fuck. 

Top wumming as usual CT. 

3 hours ago, Renton said:

You reckon virtually everyone can afford this? Oh yeah, I forgot, you're the bloke that claimed you were officially in poverty whilst pissing away hundreds of pounds on stupid hobbies, buying the latest gadgets, and holidaying in cote d'azure. Not to mention "pub nights" and a takeaway duck pizza every other night. 

Fuck me. We live in the north east of England, an area whose industry was utterly decimated during the Thatcher years and real jobs were replaced with shite like working in a call centre, stacking shelves, or, if you were really unlucky, driving a minicab. Do you really think the average person from this region is better off now than then? Are they fuck. 

Top wumming as usual CT. 

Stop being a drama queen, of course the average working class man has a much better std of living compared to the 70’s.

Many a working class bloke these days can afford a foreign holiday, stag do’s abroad, a car, meals out, plays golf, gym membership etc etc.

Not to forget life expectancy has increased by 10 years.

You’re just being silly for the sake of an argument.

17 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Stop being a drama queen, of course the average working class man has a much better std of living compared to the 70’s.

Many a working class bloke these days can afford a foreign holiday, stag do’s abroad, a car, meals out, plays golf, gym membership etc etc.

https://www.ft.com/content/202a60c0-cfd8-11e5-831d-09f7778e7377

:blink:

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Virtually everyone has turned into many now I notice? 

Not being a drama queen at all CT, but your ignorance disqgusts me, and the alternative is worse, in that you have been wumming us for years. Tbh, I can't tell which it is, I think most on here think the latter.

But yeah, people in Ashington, Easington, Consett etc. are much better off now than the 70s? Fuck off you thick, insensitive, twat.