Politics

Christmas Tree

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

distancing himself from her, and having her sack him and being out of government when the whole thing falls apart, is exactly his game plan, paving the way for him to swoop in, once we're out of europe and the country on its knees, to save the say. the way he has put his own personal ambition ahead of the national interest is an absolute disgrace and he'll rightly go down in the history books, along with cameron, as one of the worst and most self serving politicians of all time.

Add May to the list if she's keeping him in that job for her own personal concerns. 

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Add May to the list if she's keeping him in that job for her own personal concerns. 

it's hard to know wtf may's thinking is. unbelievable that she's clinging to power, and to what end. i suppose she's trying to just keep the tories in office, so at least you could say with her it's party political ambition rather than personal ambition. 

every time another crisis unfolds for the tories you think may has to go, but she doesn't. i thought she was fucked after the snap election disaster which, let's not forget, was called to strengthen her position; i thought she was fucked after the cowardly way she handled the grenfell tragedy; i thought she was fucked after her holocaust of a conference speech; i thought the sexual harassment scandal might see her off and yet she still clings on.

it's the fear of an election, the lack of alternative leaders and the fact that any alternatives (like bojo) are fucked if they want to assume power during the brexit negotiations. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's hard to know wtf may's thinking is. unbelievable that she's clinging to power, and to what end. i suppose she's trying to just keep the tories in office, so at least you could say with her it's party political ambition rather than personal ambition. 

every time another crisis unfolds for the tories you think may has to go, but she doesn't. i thought she was fucked after the snap election disaster which, let's not forget, was called to strengthen her position; i thought she was fucked after her the cowardly way she handled the grenfell tragedy; i thought she was fucked after her holocaust of a conference speech; i thought the sexual harassment scandal might see her off and yet she still clings on.

it's the fear of an election, the lack of alternative leaders and the fact that the alternative leaders (like bojo) are fucked if they want to assume power during the brexit negotiations. 

I think there's a canny bit of personal ambition too, i.e. desperately clinging onto what she's wanted all her political career and it's not like she's going to make a comeback

it's a funny one: every day she remains in power she's reminded of how she's fucked it all up, but i guess the alternative is slipping into obscurity. i imagine her self esteem has quite rightly taken a battering. if she had anything about her, she'd have resigned long ago

It must be wholly, existentially depressing to spend a lifetime working toward a dream, achieving it and then having the circumstances surrounding that success be so calamitous that it probably doesn't feel like an achievement. Absolutely no part of her day can't be utterly soul crushing on a massive, overwhelming scale. Not that I'm arsed, the sour faced, evil bitch.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

It must be wholly, existentially depressing to spend a lifetime working toward a dream, achieving it and then having the circumstances surrounding that success be so calamitous that it probably doesn't feel like an achievement. Absolutely no part of her day can't be utterly soul crushing on a massive, overwhelming scale. Not that I'm arsed, the sour faced, evil bitch.

:lol: You'd like to think so

13 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: how the fuck she managed to pick herself up and go into work every day after that conference speech nightmare, only she knows. i imagine it's not unlike battered wife syndrome. 

Basically confirms that May doesn't have the authority she should have though. Weakness is rampant in the government, how can anyone expect that they will be able to deliver any manner of successful Brexit..

The rebuttal of the Jewish Chronicle has come back from the PM, but I'm not even sure they're denying what they've been accused of. They don't even know what they're supposed to be lying about anymore. 

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The rebuttal of the Jewish Chronicle has come back from the PM, but I'm not even sure they're denying what they've been accused of. They don't even know what they're supposed to be lying about anymore. 

Giving money to Israel ffs! They get billions every year from America.