Politics

Christmas Tree

43 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jun/16/keir-starmer-picks-stonger-together-slogan-used-by-hillary-clinton-to-rebrand

Starmer using Clinton's campaign slogan as part of a rebrand. Don't think he understands how toxic she became in the culture war but we'll see I suppose. They need to do something, I suppose.

Like anyone but a dweeb like you would get the connection. ;)

We all know three word slogan are where it's at anyway. How about Piss, Shit, Spunk? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Thread. Is the worm finally beginning to turn? 

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

We have very good friends there who certainly won’t be happy. The place is as conservative as it can get.

Edited by Isegrim

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Thread. Is the worm finally beginning to turn? 

Almost completely under the MSM radar, in complete contrast to the Hartlepool election. The polarity of politics has completely flipped. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Forthcoming changes to planning laws caused this apparently...Green  belt dwellers aren't having that shit...

Are we expecting an imminent U-turn on that then? I'm hoping this is something more than that though. We haven't got a normal tory government by any stretch of the imagination. They've fucked business, they've fucked fishermen, and now they've fucked the farmers. The former and latter will affect the blue wall massively. And this is at the high tide of Johnson's premiership. It gives me hope. 

• Like 1

Supports the notion of the progressive alliance, as the article notes. Seems like Labour voters played that very well indeed.

So they are beatable, we just need to behave like fucking adults.

Edited by Rayvin
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Supports the notion of the progressive alliance, as the article notes. Seems like Labour voters played that very well indeed.

So they are beatable, we just need to behave like fucking adults.

The thing is, if the Labour and Lib Dem parties could get together, on a PR ticket and win. Which this shows is possible, then the Tories, or the the right wing of the party at least, could be defeated forever. Because that part of the party would have to shut the fuck up  and stay in the background for any of the other main parties to do business with them / form a coalition. I’m sceptical about it happening but there’s a glimmer of hope 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Alex said:

The thing is, if the Labour and Lib Dem parties could get together, on a PR ticket and win. Which this shows is possible, then the Tories, or the the right wing of the party at least, could be defeated forever. Because that part of the party would have to shut the fuck up  and stay in the background for any of the other main parties to do business with them / form a coalition. I’m sceptical about it happening but there’s a glimmer of hope 

I think it's a long shot but the only way out of this now. Despite not being popular with the fringes of their respective parties, I think Starmer and Davies may be pragmatic enough to attempt something like this? I really hope so.

This is probably the most shocking by-election swing of all time. I know the England-Scotland match is on later (howay Scotland!), but why the fuck has it been buried by the MSM @Dr Gloom?