Politics

Christmas Tree

34 minutes ago, ewerk said:

This is something you'd expect the evil villain to come up with in a shit movie. Fleeing persecution and seeking refuge? We'll send you to a third world country guilty of multiple human rights violations thousands of miles away before saying no. And the real kicker is that it's going to cost £1.4 BILLION a year to run.

awesome for co2 emissions too. 

what business do they have sending ukrainian refugees to fucking rwanda? what have we become? are we truly this cuntish? is this really what people voted for?

• Like 2

Well that's incredible. I don't understand how that can be an immigration policy but apparently Denmark are doing it (despite being in the EU?? Did they leave and get back control as well??) so it must be ok.

21 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

awesome for co2 emissions too. 

what business do they have sending ukrainian refugees to fucking rwanda? what have we become? are we truly this cuntish? is this really what people voted for?

Calm down Gloom, they're only sending the brown ones to Africa...single males travelling in boats across the Channel. 

Didn't the mackems have "VISIT RAWANDA" on their shirts? Just send them to Wearside then, not much difference tbh :cuppa:

• Haha 2

Bit of a dead cat to distract from Johnson breaking the law and lying to parliament too, fuck knows what they're going to come up with when he gets another 3 PCNs for turning Downing Street into a help desk for piss pots in 2020...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We had negotiations with several other countries and territories btw, including Albania, Ascension Island, Isle of Man (!). Rwanda are the only ones who have agreed to this ludicrous inhumane scheme. 

• Like 1

This speech by Johnson is frankly worrying. Attacking lawyers, he says he knows its illegal, and says we need to reform the law to get this through. I don't think its hyperbolic to say we are in danger of losing our country as we know it. Attacks on Parliament, the media, and the judiciary. It really is like watching years and years, that series was so prophetic.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

This speech by Johnson is frankly worrying. Attacking lawyers, he says he knows its illegal, and says we need to reform the law to get this through. I don't think its hyperbolic to say we are in danger of losing our country as we know it. Attacks on Parliament, the media, and the judiciary. It really is like watching years and years, that series was so prophetic.  

He is no different from Erdoğan and Orbán. And he doesn't even have to worry about silencing the press because its complicated.

The country is already gone

Don't forget protest is now illegal

Edited by spongebob toonpants
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Renton said:

We had negotiations with several other countries and territories btw, including Albania, Ascension Island, Isle of Man (!). Rwanda are the only ones who have agreed to this ludicrous inhumane scheme. 

Apparently Israel have been  sending people attempting to enter by some means or other to Rawanda so it seems a like a nice little cottage industry for them.

Australia tried this with Nauru etc and in a decade processed 3000 individuals which cost the Aussie tax payer 400 million dollars. Johnson  said the funding is uncapped, which suggests to me today is the first day of the campaign for the 2024 GE, despite the nationalities and borders act yet to have been approved by both houses of Parliament....

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Renton said:

We had negotiations with several other countries and territories btw, including Albania, Ascension Island, Isle of Man (!). Rwanda are the only ones poor enough to be exploited into accepting this scheme 

4 hours ago, ewerk said:

This is something you'd expect the evil villain to come up with in a shit movie. Fleeing persecution and seeking refuge? We'll send you to a third world country guilty of multiple human rights violations thousands of miles away before saying no. And the real kicker is that it's going to cost £1.4 BILLION a year to run.

It has one of the highest standards of living in Africa 

9 minutes ago, KingKev1984 said:

Then you go fucking live there.

It ranks 27th on the HDI for African countries and is classed as being of low human development.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, KingKev1984 said:

It is 167th in world ranked by GDP per capita. Botswana is over 8 time richer using this measure. The Uk is 26th in the World. I'm not sure what your point is, although I can guess. Also:

Edited by Renton

How long until the next GE? It feels like we've had an eternity under Johnson now and while I did at one point believe he'd bottom out on lunacy and "populist" trash, I now suspect that what I think the basement level floor of human decency is, is already something he's looking upwards at.

• Like 2

Lets see how the local elections go - this , unfortunately, is a vote winner imo :(

I WANT to be wrong and just be a totally jaded miserable old fucker! 

By the way, I'm loving these podcasts, even though they are political. Political populism what and why - Cable Comments with Vince Cable - Podcast.co

Edited by scoobos

Just now, scoobos said:

Lets see how the local elections go - this , unfortunately, is a vote winner imo :(

I WANT to be wrong and just be a totally jaded miserable old fucker! 

Not sure it is really, might get some gammons out that would have stayed at home but this sermon won't be getting any converts. I'm a bit split about my local election as it happens because my local Labour counsellor has been fucking useless for an issue I have with the council. Will still probably vote Labour though.  

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Then you go fucking live there.

It ranks 27th on the HDI for African countries and is classed as being of low human development.

I'd be getting carried around in a sedan chair by the end of the first week. Big headdress on. 

• Haha 4