Politics

Christmas Tree

5 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I agree but she has two years to convince them with all the media and corporate interests behind her. Hence my original point being that we should remain vigilant. I think Johnson may have lulled us into a false sense of security about the Tories.

People won't forget the next two years, despite what the Tory press want to print. I think this is actually the end game for the Tories, they've been regressing back into themselves since Cameron left and Truss is going to be the end result. I know you've expressed doubts about past false claims that the Tories are finished but this time they really are. Only Labour can fuck this up now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

People won't forget the next two years, despite what the Tory press want to print. I think this is actually the end game for the Tories, they've been regressing back into themselves since Cameron left and Truss is going to be the end result. I know you've expressed doubts about past false claims that the Tories are finished but this time they really are. Only Labour can fuck this up now.

Well, that's an encouraging view. I hope you're right - genuinely.

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Agreed. She's appealing to her small band of supporters who she's shoe-horned into the cabinet. As spongebob pointed she's made two monumental fuck ups already - 1. forgetting the 'keep your friends close but your enemies closer' mantra and 2. explicitly dismissing windfall tax as an option. I'm all for decisive responses and find them refreshing, but she's an absolute idiot for coming out with that.

When people are struggling to pay their energy bills they're going to pick an enemy and that's going to be the energy companies. Truss' decision to pretty much support them is not going to look good to the electorate. Even if prices are capped at current rates there's still a lot of people struggling to afford that.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

When people are struggling to pay their energy bills they're going to pick an enemy and that's going to be the energy companies. Truss' decision to pretty much support them is not going to look good to the electorate. Even if prices are capped at current rates there's still a lot of people struggling to afford that.

Well lets face it we're already there and those within the electorate who do not believe the profits the energy companies are making are grossly absurd are in the minority. 

I think she'll rue the day she dismissed the idea of a windfall tax completely out of hand. Unbelievable that it was almost the very first question ever put to her as PM. 

I don't see what is misogynistic about any of this? People are taking the piss out of her because she's a fat mess, just as they did with Eric Pickles. TBH it would be misogynistic not to take the piss.

She's anti gay, anti abortion, and I've seen her say some fucking awful things to try and defend her party's demonising of poor people. She deserves every shit thing that gets said about her, the disgusting fat pig. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Yeah. I think this is just a desperate ploy by the right wing press. They know the government aren’t going to get the usual honeymoon period so they’re trying to portray the ‘left’ as cruel bastards etc. it’s a fucking late to want to play by the rules of respecting each other. Not to mention she’s an absolutely evil cunt 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yeah. I think this is just a desperate ploy by the right wing press. They know the government aren’t going to get the usual honeymoon period so they’re trying to portray the ‘left’ as cruel bastards etc. it’s a fucking late to want to play by the rules of respecting each other. Not to mention she’s an absolutely evil cunt 

Yep. Fat ugly people in the main tend to be decent human beings. She's absolutely not that. 

She's put herself in the public spotlight by becoming an MP and then whored herself as 'Liz's best mate' ever since there was a sniff Boris would be going. She deserves everything coming her way, principally for her appalling human rights beliefs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I don’t think she’s a woman of strong beliefs, just a very poor Thatcher impersonator.

Okay, maybe she's a better Thatcher impersonator that I gave her credit for.

• Haha 6

It's fairly obvious Truss is just continuing down the Johnson path, albeit less capably and with even more incompetent acolytes. And Rayvin is still crapping hhimself about her winning a landslide GE. ;)

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's fairly obvious Truss is just continuing down the Johnson path, albeit less capably and with even more incompetent acolytes. And Rayvin is still crapping hhimself about her winning a landslide GE. ;)

Just so we're totally clear, when I highlight that she actually formed a cogent argument and stuck to her position on something, and that this fact alone was the greatest departure from the Johnson era - and that we should therefore be wary of the shift in the way in which the battle is fought - you think I'm stressing out over her winning a landslide election. I am clearly not the only person who noticed what I did, as evidenced by the various political commentators and news reports. The encouraging thing for me is that Labour probably noticed it too. I very much hope they're not adopting your attitude and putting their feet up, calling this a formality :lol: