Politics

Christmas Tree

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Oh my, the next probable leader of the conservative party. Incredible.

Ah yes, the equalities minister. A real champion for the persecuted.

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Oh my, the next probable leader of the conservative party. Incredible.

She's fucking brutal this one. I dunno how anyone takes her seriously. Setting aside her honking views, she's ambitious to the point of it being offensive and just unbelievably abrasive. 

She seems like the sort of person you'd hate spending any time with. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

She's fucking brutal this one. I dunno how anyone takes her seriously. Setting aside her honking views, she's ambitious to the point of it being offensive and just unbelievably abrasive. 

She seems like the sort of person you'd hate spending any time with. 

This thought comes to me listening to Badenoch and Brewer-Hartley.

image.png.eefcd962855eaf4d070ce86523245f80.png

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Alex said:

I remember my first couple of weeks at University. We were in catered halls in that first year. Anyway, it took me little while to cotton on but lots of people in the halls asked what school I’d gone to. I thought it was a bit odd (like how the fuck would someone from another part of the country be familiar with Seaton Burn Community High School. It was, of course, the privately educated sounding you out to see if you were a pleb or one of them. Within about two weeks they were sat in their private school cliques. I hasten to add not everyone from that background was like that - some couldn’t wait to disassociate themselves from that bit of their life. However it applied to the vast majority of them.

I love the way as soon as you suggest some reform, even as mild as making private/public schools pay vat, it's described as "class warfare" when that's exactly what they've been practicing successfully for centuries. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Renton said:

wish we'd had a French style revolution and exterminated the fuckers personally. 

It’s never too late, rise up brothers and sisters!  

TO ARMS!!!!

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

I can't stand the privately educated as a rule, I've met a fair few exceptions over the years

I went through as many of the female variety as I could, particularly working winter seasons in the Alps. :lol:
I saw it as reparations for generations of oppression. 

It has to be said, they do bang like shithouse doors in the wind and love a bit of rough. 

( Worst shag I’ve ever had was also some private school bint, related to Katherine Hamnett, who was the sailing instructor at a place in the Lakes I was a climbing instructor at. 
Like shagging a corpse with a minge like a flesh sleeping bag. :lol: ). 

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

"Chris, that is not what happened."

Chris, that thing you absolutely heard him say is not what he said. It's like when everyone heard cleverley call that place a shit hole. You 100% heard him say it but that's not what he said.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

"Chris, that is not what happened."

New three word slogan for them“.

“Deflect. Double down.“

Deflect. Double down. Deflect. Double down. Deflect. Double down. Deflect. Double down. Deflect. Double down. Deflect. Double down. Deflect. Double down. Deflect. Double down. Deflect. Double down. Deflect. Double down. Deflect. Double down. Deflect. Double down. Deflect. Double down. 

Edited by Renton

Jesus Christ. Sunak leading a conservative party political broadcast now. He's got a flip chart and felt tip pen, drawing charts, telling us why we're in the shit (solely covid and Ukraine, obs) .  What a patronising bell end. 

The he addresses how he's succeeded in addressing his first pledge, halfing inflation. The pledge that had nothing to do with government. 

And that's it. Completely ignored his 4 other pledges. :lol:

Screenshot_20240207_203237_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5655e9cdffdea485f197ad6752bdfd68.jpg

Edited by Renton

27 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Chris, that thing you absolutely heard him say is not what he said. It's like when everyone heard cleverley call that place a shit hole. You 100% heard him say it but that's not what he said.

That’s gaslighting and they’ve been doing it for fuckin years 😏

• Like 2

The thing with the trans issue is it’s another thing they’ve tried to weaponise to play to their base. Even in the wake of this, another entirely avoidable and entirely of their own making PR disaster. As seen by Badenoch’s comments, they just can’t help themselves in terms of trying to ‘win’. Even, as is clear in this case, when she’s being a massive hypocrite. Apart from the pathetic ploy of using something which can impact people’s lives negatively, it just shows how out of touch the government are. By that I mean, people don’t even fucking care. I don’t mean I don’t care about trans people. I was appalled by Brianna Ghey’s murder. But for most people not directly involved by it, the issues around the wider trans debate going on are fucking miles down the list of people’s priorities. The only reason the likes of Badenoch make such a priority of it is because they are so lacking in talent, compassion, a sense of public duty, empathy and practically anything you’d want in a politician. So all they have is using the culture war to play to the party members. Because all Badenoch, Braverman, McVey, etc want is power and to be party leader (certainly in the case of the first two). They’re ambitious sociopaths and nothing more. They’re not even very clever. They can’t even grasp that they’re going to be leading a party of 150 MPs (if they’re lucky) because they think this is more important than people being skint. It’s an insane state of affairs. Illustrated by the excerpt ewerk posted. I.e. they’ve ended with that little cunt as their PM. A bloke parachuted into no. 11 because (the then de facto leader of the country) Cummings thought he would be easy to control. A PM literally no one chose. Disliked by his own MPs and party membership. Who became an MP for something to do and so he could lobby on issues that were of personal financial benefit. I absolutely fucking despise them. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Seems to be what has happened is, Sunak is not very bright and we know he can't think on his feet. For whatever reason he makes his "quip", having not absorbed the fact Esther Ghey was in the room. Like all current tories, his natural reaction is to double down and not apologise, so he doesn't, in parliament. But apparently Downing street were going to issue an apology afterwards but then Badenoch doubled down further and they were too gutless to row back on this. Sunak is a political feather weight.

In the olden days, PMs served an apprenticeship before getting the top job. Most had 30 years as an MP, 20 years as a minister (or shadow),10 years in caninet, 5 years as one or more of the great offices of state. Sunak? Wasn't an MP until 2015. As Alex says, promoted to chancellor as a useful idiot for Cummings. PM by default after the Truss disaster. And things aren't much better for his predecessors. 

Although I think this applies to Labour as well, the Front Bench seem much more competent to me and I crucially I believe their motivation is different. They aren't in it for personal gain as much. WHatever you think of him, I believe Starmer is a fundamentally decent person. Since Johnson's purge of the conservative party, you can count decnet tories on one hand. 

• Like 7

Sunak's only been an MP since 2015 too. 4 years after that he's Chancellor and another 2 years to Number 10.

Prior to being Chancellor, the only time you ever saw him was when they needed to send someone out on the media round to tell blatant lies and defend the indefensible. 

They all now think that that's the blueprint to No. 10.

• Like 2

Aye. Because Johnson lied in that way. But that’s not even why he won. I guess it was in part, but it was mainly the unique set of circumstances that saw him up against Corbyn and the election being essentially all about ‘getting Brexit  done’. Which I suppose just underlined how clueless they are. 
As an aside you had the policing minister giving a car crash of an interview on BBC breakfast. Whereby he inferred anyone thinking it was a trans jibe has misinterpreted it and should watch it again. Even continuing to repeat that after they’d been told about the comments re: what Sunak said from Brianna’s Ghey’s father. Then when asked how he could suggest the father hadn’t watched it, the minister said that’s not what he’d meant at all. Even though it literally was. When they’re getting a proper grilling on there you know they’re fucked. 

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

Aye. Because Johnson lied in that way. But that’s not even why he won. I guess it was in part, but it was mainly the unique set of circumstances that saw him up against Corbyn and the election being essentially all about ‘getting Brexit  done’. Which I suppose just underlined how clueless they are. 
As an aside you had the policing minister giving a car crash of an interview on BBC breakfast. Whereby he inferred anyone thinking it was a trans jibe has misinterpreted it and should watch it again. Even continuing to repeat that after they’d been told about the comments re: what Sunak said from Brianna’s Ghey’s father. Then when asked how he could suggest the father hadn’t watched it, the minister said that’s not what he’d meant at all. Even though it literally was. When they’re getting a proper grilling on there you know they’re fucked. 

Boris Fat Cunt won solely because of Corbyn IMO. The centrist fence sitters were never going to swing left for him, it really didn't matter what he did or said. Had Starmer been in post then, we'd have a labour government now, I reckon.

Aye, the second the poor lass's dad commented on it it should have been a damage control apology, on the spot, without delay - not wheeling out an endless supply of detestable cunts to try and tell everyone that the thing they heard, and was explicitly clear in it's intention was actually not that at all. Not only does it make them look incompetent but it highlights how they view the voting public - as a bunch of thick plebs who'll buy anything their selling.

Edited by Dazzler
  • Like 2