Politics

Christmas Tree

10 hours ago, Renton said:

Tap in after tap in for Labour this like. 

The books should at least be upside down to give a true reflection

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

How does calling an election work BTW?

I did think there would be one called by now.

Legally there’s a minimum of 25 working days from Parliament being dissolved and the election. If one hasn’t been called by 17 December (5 years since the last one) then it would automatically be dissolved and happen 5 weeks after that. So, even if he called one now, it couldn’t take place for five weeks. By convention they take place on Thursdays 

• Like 1

Also, the bookies have October - December 2024 as the red hot favourite for the General Election date. Theoretically it could be Tuesday 28th January 2025. Imagine that? :lol: 

If you want my personal, cynical

opinion, it’s not happening until after the summer as so many of the Tory party look set to lose their seats regardless and they won’t want the facade of having to campaign to interfere with their four weeks in Tuscany or whatever. 

• Like 1

Sunak doesn't give a shit and has nowt to lose. He'll try to last 2 years for pure vanity reasons rather than what is good for his country or even his party. The May local and mayoral elections could scupper that though if they are abysmal, and I think they will be. Take the Teeside Mayoral election, which Houchen - a firm supporter of Sunak - won with 73% last time. The latest poll has him on 19%. Similar story for Andy Street in Birmingham who has distanced himself as much as he can from Sunak and the parliamentary party, to no avail. 

• Like 1

My local MP is a Tory.  They do a lot for the local area.  Whenever I have had issues I have gone to them and they've been very helpful.  I am a member of a local group of FB.  Someone posted in it the other day how we need to keep voting for them due to this and ignore what's going on in Parliament and if it was Labour in charge it would be worse.  Fucking laughable.  The group was set up by the Tory MP and he is admin in it.  He did delete the post and said that the group isnt for that.  Which I do applaud him for (through gritted teeth).

There's a road near me that's having a development built off.  The developers having been appalling at keeping the road clean through the winter months.  I personally have contacted the developers, groundworkers and council about it and got close to fuck all back.  The road is fucked, its covered in shite and dangerous.  It needs sweeping regular, wheel wash and banksman on the road (its close to a blind bend yet has tippers exiting).  This was ignored.  Got in touch with the MP and he has been trying for months to get this sorted.  He does love lambasting the council on this though as they're a Labour run council.  Last week a cyclist was coming down the road, slipped on mud and has fractured his hip, skull and broken ribs.  He's still in hospital with a small bleed on the brain, I understand this is improving.  I hope he sues the fuck out of the developer and the groundworker the utter cunts. 

• Sad 1
  • Jaysus... 1

28 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

My local MP is a Tory.  They do a lot for the local area.  Whenever I have had issues I have gone to them and they've been very helpful.  I am a member of a local group of FB.  Someone posted in it the other day how we need to keep voting for them due to this and ignore what's going on in Parliament and if it was Labour in charge it would be worse.  Fucking laughable.  The group was set up by the Tory MP and he is admin in it.  He did delete the post and said that the group isnt for that.  Which I do applaud him for (through gritted teeth).

There's a road near me that's having a development built off.  The developers having been appalling at keeping the road clean through the winter months.  I personally have contacted the developers, groundworkers and council about it and got close to fuck all back.  The road is fucked, its covered in shite and dangerous.  It needs sweeping regular, wheel wash and banksman on the road (its close to a blind bend yet has tippers exiting).  This was ignored.  Got in touch with the MP and he has been trying for months to get this sorted.  He does love lambasting the council on this though as they're a Labour run council.  Last week a cyclist was coming down the road, slipped on mud and has fractured his hip, skull and broken ribs.  He's still in hospital with a small bleed on the brain, I understand this is improving.  I hope he sues the fuck out of the developer and the groundworker the utter cunts. 

Make sure the MP knows about the poor fucker. And if you have any record of your contact with the authorities send it to him. 

I think MPs like kicking their local councils’ backsides. My brother and his ex wife were having terrible trouble with their neighbours’ exceedingly anti social behaviour. His ex missus was seen crying at the school gate by another mum who told her “don’t worry Karen, I’ll get my dad sort it out..” Dad turned out to be the Chancellor of the Exchequer Allister Darling :lol:  MP for Edinburgh West and he did indeed contact Edinburgh City Council’s neighbourhood department who promptly gathered evidence and started sending strongly worded letters threatening civil action and potential police investigations if their cuntish behaviour continued. Brother was left with a very favourable impression of AD after a meeting to discuss this. A proper good cunt the likes of whom is sadly missed in today’s Labour ranks 

• Like 1

Aye I have sent him all my emails and he knows about the accident.  He attended an emergency meeting with the developer etc yesterday about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Contact the HSE and mention the CDM regulations and breaches.

Then sit back as nowt happens because they are another underfunded, understaff arm of the current government.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, strawb said:

Contact the HSE and mention the CDM regulations and breaches.

Then sit back as nowt happens because they are another underfunded, understaff arm of the current government.

Well after the CDM changes in Oct last year you already have local authorities like York saying they're no longer going to do site private site visits because they don't have the resources.

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Well after the CDM changes in Oct last year you already have local authorities like York saying they're no longer going to do site private site visits because they don't have the resources.

Assume you mean the building safety act, cos the CDM regs haven’t changed since 2015.

I know a lad who joined them as a new building safety inspector. Left within 3 months, lives in leeds expected to inspect sites in Brighton. Shit show

• Like 1

Aye the building safety changes.

That's mental.  No wonder he left.

My gaffer was called out to a job in Leeds a few weeks ago.  Asked to go in a building, looked through the door and said nah, I am not off in there its dangerous and needs pulling down.  He said its unsafe and needs cordoning off.  It was ignored.  Then Friday the façade fell down!

• Like 1

Has anyone seen this? Apparently it's legit. :icon_lol:

I knew Kwarteng had shagged Truss, always thought it odd this was never reaised as a CoI given they were in the most powerful positions of the state. Never knew he'd rattled Rudd though. As for William Wragg.....

• Haha 2

That politicians get up to naughty and/or bizarre stuff should come as no surprise - they're humans, humans do massively flawed and stupid things all the time. It's the sheer hubris of thinking they can get away with it and it won't affect them while being among the most public of all public figures that boggles the mind. :lol:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

That politicians get up to naughty and/or bizarre stuff should come as no surprise - they're humans, humans do massively flawed and stupid things all the time. It's the sheer hubris of thinking they can get away with it and it won't affect them while being among the most public of all public figures that boggles the mind. :lol:

I think politics also genuinely attracts people who enjoy the extremes of behaviour though. I mean judging by my social interactions with peers, were all as boring as fuck. I doubt any of them like paying men to piss on them. 

For people who like graphs like I do, the latest IPSOS polling is existential for the tories, predicting them down to 19% and 37 seats, behind the Lib Dems on 49 who would be the official opposition. Somehow Sunak is now less popular than Liz Truss ever was, quite the achievement.

People say it won't happen. Why won't it? How is it going to get better for the tories? 

• Like 1

It's the fact that the whip's spreadsheet records things that should be police matters that's the dodgy thing. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Renton said:

For people who like graphs like I do, the latest IPSOS polling is existential for the tories, predicting them down to 19% and 37 seats, behind the Lib Dems on 49 who would be the official opposition. Somehow Sunak is now less popular than Liz Truss ever was, quite the achievement.

People say it won't happen. Why won't it? How is it going to get better for the tories? 

I think some Tory "defectors" will be frightened back on board with a vicious election campaign. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

I think some Tory "defectors" will be frightened back on board with a vicious election campaign. 

Interesting. Do you not think this helps explains Starmer's ultra-cautious approach and beige policies? If Raynor is an example of the mud they've got to fling, they're fucked. In addition, these polls do not take into account the likelihood the Sun will flip for Labour when Murdoch realises he will definitely be on the losing side, as I expect it will. I don't think they take into account tactical voting either (might be wrong on that).  

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

I knew Kwarteng had shagged Truss, always thought it odd this was never reaised as a CoI given they were in the most powerful positions of the state. Never knew he'd rattled Rudd though. As for William Wragg.....

When did Johnson start banging his current horse-faced Mrs? 

Was it before the NDA with Ms. Fleet in 2017, or was he still married to his previous baby provider? 

41 minutes ago, Renton said:

There was a similar thing a while back that was meant to a leaked security services one iirc 

58 minutes ago, Renton said:

Owld Lizzie seemingly loves getting her kegs off, didn't she ruin the marriage of another MP by riding him too?

The most surprising thing about this list is how unsurprising it is.

• Like 1