Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I would make an amazing Labour leader if they want an outsider. Charming, sexy, hilarious, enormous biceps. What are these idiots waiting for? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

:lol:

 

In other news, the US press has accused Bernie Sanders, a Jew, of being antisemitic.

 

Wonder where they learned that trick...

I had no idea Corbyn was part of the tribe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not for me - someone deliberately decided to edit out the laughter and happened to insert an put of date clip which was better for him - mistakes my arse. 

 

I think the "majority he so deserves" could have been a slip where she meant to say "desires" but the other two still rankle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Renton said:

Here's a funny thing. I popped into my parents house this afternoon. My Dad use to be firm believer in scottish independence. Now he's not and firmly wants the union to hold together. I'm the exact opposite. I was a firm believer in the union, now I think Scotland should seek independence despite the huge practical difficulties. It would be nice to hear the thoughts of Scottish voters like JJ (not KCG who isn't really a scot). 

Blatant racism there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Incredible. Perhaps we are about to hear cries of fake news media from this side of the Atlantic too. Everything else has been straight from the Bannon playbook so why not?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a caller on LBC just now who set out the path for future electoral success for labour and it is neither Corbynism nor social democracy: it’s a left wing economic policy, investment in the nhs, renationalising trains etc, while recognising the value of hard work - a tighter benefit system to cut the number of freeloading scroungers. Plus a right wing approach on law and order and immigration. That’s how to win back the labour heartlands. Unfortunately Boris Johnson has beaten them to it. I think the caller has point. The Workington man doesn’t want another Blair or another Corbyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Lisa Nandy is considering a leadership challenge. I'd need to hear a bit more from her but I'd prefer her to RLB. 

Tory press will crucify her at the first hurdle over this…

article-2301802-18EF6722000005DC-519_634

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

There was a caller on LBC just now who set out the path for future electoral success for labour and it is neither Corbynism nor social democracy: it’s a left wing economic policy, investment in the nhs, renationalising trains etc, while recognising the value of hard work - a tighter benefit system to cut the number of freeloading scroungers. Plus a right wing approach on law and order and immigration. That’s how to win back the labour heartlands. Unfortunately Boris Johnson has beaten them to it. I think the caller has point. The Workington man doesn’t want another Blair or another Corbyn.

 

I mean, that's assuming of course that the Tories have a fairly straight run over the next 5 year's which seems doubtful.

 

I'm struggling with this though. There is a big part of me that wants to sack off caring about any of this and adopt the Tory "I'm alright, Jack" attitude.

 

I mean I'm sceptical about where it is that the youthful and ideological left, who number several million based on this turnout, are going to cross over with the traditional working class.

 

I'm not going to vote right wing on law and order. It's regressive, retarded and counter productive. I could be persuaded to vote to the right side of immigration since that battle has been lost so spectacularly - but many others couldn't be.

 

 

It's not just about what the working class want. There aren't actually more of them than us. That's the problem here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

 

I mean, that's assuming of course that the Tories have a fairly straight run over the next 5 year's which seems doubtful.

 

I'm struggling with this though. There is a big part of me that wants to sack off caring about any of this and adopt the Tory "I'm alright, Jack" attitude.

 

I mean I'm sceptical about where it is that the youthful and ideological left, who number several million based on this turnout, are going to cross over with the traditional working class.

 

I'm not going to vote right wing on law and order. It's regressive, retarded and counter productive. I could be persuaded to vote to the right side of immigration since that battle has been lost so spectacularly - but many others couldn't be.

 

 

It's not just about what the working class want. There aren't actually more of them than us. That's the problem here.

It’s a huge problem for whoever takes over as labour leader. Labour’s traditional working class voter has finally gone blue. I don’t know if want to vote for the party that can win them back either.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s a huge problem for whoever takes over as labour leader. Labour’s traditional working class voter has finally gone blue. I don’t know if want to vote for the party that can win them back either.

 

 

Aye, that's the thing. Especially given that we outnumber them.

 

We need proportional representation. Which is apparently Farage's next move politically, so maybe we need to get to a point where we're backing Farage..? Just to get the right outcome in the end...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×