Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, Tom said:

Futurama Writing GIF by HULU

😁

The standard of debate has gone downhill over the last few decades. If you watch old political discussion shows it’s pretty depressing to see what constitutes debate these days

7 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

Btw am I the only one here that thinks that we’re not going to fix the world by calling each other cunts? :lol: 

Bombing each other and invading Poland hasn’t worked either,

Cunt is fine with me.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

😁

The standard of debate has gone downhill over the last few decades. If you watch old political discussion shows it’s pretty depressing to see what constitutes debate these days

no it hasn't.........cunt

;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Asprilla said:

I see one fairly polite email inviting someone to take part in a discussion and one pretty childish response designed to get a cheap snigger in a Twitter echo chamber

I get why people don’t like Darren Grimes but why not just go along and “win” the debate then?

Let's be completely honest here, he's a little grifting cunt. Mogg may well come across polite but he's a more privileged version of cunt. At least Mogg knows no better. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asprilla said:

Btw am I the only one here that thinks that we’re not going to fix the world by calling each other cunts? :lol: 

Some people aren't really interested in fixing diddly fucking squat at the end of the day. :good:

8 hours ago, Asprilla said:

And you think Darren Grimes might fix the British educational system at 2pm on a Saturday?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The effort that must have gone into making that clip and it's stunningly unfunny. 

LGBTXYZ Cars is quite a good gag tbf although as a cultural reference it’s maybe not the freshest

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

And you think Darren Grimes might fix the British educational system at 2pm on a Saturday?

Of course not but I’ve been on the left and the right and each side has cheap shots and memes… they’re like the cheeseburgers of politics. Quick, super tasty and bad for you.

I always think of this webcomic when people talk about debate and so on - explains why people are so resistant to changing their minds:

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/believe

For my two cents on it, I think everyone knows everyone else's positions now anyway. I wouldn't go on Grimes' show either, but if I did, I'm fairly sure the entire structure of the discussion would be set up in such a way that I would not be able to get any sort of point across and that my data and evidence based arguments would be dismissed. He's not intelligent enough to have an honest debate with, certainly not a public one. It'd be like that saying "never argue with idiots, they'll bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience".

I would further add, never argue with anyone who isn't prepared to change their mind.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Has the ignore button gone too? I can't work out how to do it now.

Good question 

I’ve just had a (brief) attempt and can I fuck find it, on mobile. 

I’ll submit a request to the relevant sub-committee who will vote on whether to send the question to the regional politburo, and get back to you in 6 years. :lol:

• Haha 3