Politics

Christmas Tree

4 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Honestly mate, the takeover has changed a lot of things imo. Everyone on here now rightly wants to enjoy the ride that’s coming and all the joy and excitement that is going to bring for us and our kids.

Theres also no escaping the political leaning of the board. We are all also getting older with less inclination to copy and paste to “win” an argument on the internet.

You’ve had a good try at getting “discussions” going but nobody is interested.

Much better to use this place for your enjoyment of the club, the countless funny stories and witty observations.

If you really want online “discussions”, then probably best try them on twitter etc and save this place for the happy NUFC times. 

Just my two penneth, but I do have experience in your situation 👍

I appreciate your sentiments…!

Rayvin is pretty cool to knock ideas around with but yeah it’s a lost cause probably 👍🏼

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJS said:

My point was that men are just as unlikely to be hit on by gay men in that situation as women are by trans women. 

The idea that predators go to  the effort of pretending to be trans just to get into toilets or changing rooms to attack women is fear mongering nonsense along the same lines as anti-gay propaganda from the 80s where men and boys were somehow under constant threat. 

It's all an excuse for "other" bigotry. 

It’s not bigotry to be against women and young girls having to share spaces with naked men who “identify” as female

4 minutes ago, Asprilla said:

It’s not bigotry to be against women and young girls having to share spaces with naked men who “identify” as female

Agreed its not. Its just another scare story to sucker the profoundly easily led among us. You've fallen for it hook like and sinker. Put the Daily Mail down you fuckin half wit. 

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Honestly mate, the takeover has changed a lot of things imo. Everyone on here now rightly wants to enjoy the ride that’s coming and all the joy and excitement that is going to bring for us and our kids.

Theres also no escaping the political leaning of the board. We are all also getting older with less inclination to copy and paste to “win” an argument on the internet.

You’ve had a good try at getting “discussions” going but nobody is interested.

Much better to use this place for your enjoyment of the club, the countless funny stories and witty observations.

If you really want online “discussions”, then probably best try them on twitter etc and save this place for the happy NUFC times. 

Just my two penneth, but I do have experience in your situation 👍

CT's odds of winning the most improved poster 2022 prize shortening by the day

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Alex said:

Just need to get him to realise Corbyn’s not the answer now 

CT knows all too well how hard it is to keep a fart in his trousers, unlike the time at Boldon Dogs where he managed to keep a shite in his trousers :lol:

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Agreed its not. Its just another scare story to sucker the profoundly easily led among us. You've fallen for it hook like and sinker. Put the Daily Mail down you fuckin half wit. 

I sometimes help out at my kids school when they go swimming with some of the other mums and dads

the dads only help the boys to get changed and every single parent has zero problem because thankfully France still has some common sense

every single future incident where a girl or woman is abused or made to feel uncomfortable in a changing room is on you woke idiots

30 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye, I think it’s time to let this one go.

So what’s the crack with these black fellas taking the knee?

Taking the knee should be allowed if desired and not made compulsory

there, all fixed 👍🏼

I can never get my head around what is meant to be threatening about transwomen in female changing rooms. If someone is going to assault a woman in a changing room, they don't need to change their entire gender to do it. There aren't armed guards at the door, they could just go in and do it. Transwomen are not predators, they're just people. Predators exist, but they are no more or less likely to be trans than they are to be any other demographic. Including non-trans women, I might add.

What frustrates me in particular about this is it buys into this notion that biological men have absolutely no ability to control themselves around women. That if you put a half naked woman in front of any man, it takes everything in his power not to rape her. That is the only reason anyone could possibly imagine transwomen would be some kind of threat in female changing rooms, because testosterone is still a factor in pre-op and therefore they can't control themselves. I doubt that anyone on here would find it difficult not to rape someone if they strayed into a female changing room, so why do we assume transwomen are incapable of the same thing? That's before we even get onto the fact that a lot of them aren't into other women at all.

I'm not going to get further drawn on this but it's really a sad one to read because I know many trans people and they're all very kind and compassionate folk who just want to live their damn lives.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1