Politics

Christmas Tree

Just now, Renton said:

This guy Tugenhat? He could distance himself from Johnson entirely and attempt a rebrand. 

He was a Remainer though. I think that fucks him. I would say he's probably the furthest left of the candidates too. Which again fucks him. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

He was a Remainer though. I think that fucks him. I would say he's probably the furthest left of the candidates too. Which again fucks him. 

Truss was also a remainer. Is it really that big an issue? I don't think it is with the general public as long as you promise not to reverse it. Not so sure about the actual conservative membership tbh. Think a lot of rural types probably think its a shit show. 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Truss was also a remainer. Is it really that big an issue? I don't think it is with the general public as long as you promise not to reverse it. Not so sure about the actual conservative membership tbh. Think a lot of rural types probably think its a shit show. 

Aye it's the Tory membership I'm talking about. I don't think they install a Remainer. Truss has been through the Leave sheep dip so she might be alright but Tugenhat belatedly telling everyone he's chill with Brexit probably doesn't ring true. 

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Aye I can't work him out. I think he's a prick obviously but he was the darling for a little period, and people still remember that their businesses got bailed out etc during Brexit. 

I know it all went tits up for him recently but the electorate is more than capable of forgetting all that if given the right persuasion by the press/social media. 

Javid is a fucking robot with a really annoying voice who can't deliver a speech to save his life but people know him. 

Honestly I don't know what the right answer is beyond Truss or Braverman. 

There was a poll going round yesterday showing how each candidate might do against Starmer and I think Javid (and maybe Zahawi) were the only two who would beat him.

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

Do you read twitter Rents? The amount people talking about carrying on his legacy is (batshit) crazy.

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Press conference going live in a minute or two. 

All the Tory 'client jurnos' basically pushing Starmer saying it's not good for the country to have a GE.  But its ok to keep that cunt in No 10 eh? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

There was a poll going round yesterday showing how each candidate might do against Starmer and I think Javid (and maybe Zahawi) were the only two who would beat him.

That would explain why Javid was being reported as bookies favourite yesterday too. 

I think people would quickly find Zahawi to be quite creepy and weird the more they were exposed to him. 

There was some polling yesterday too that showed that there was a really high proportion of people that don't know who Zahawi is. 

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Do you read twitter Rents? The amount people talking about carrying on his legacy is (batshit) crazy.

Not really, I pick up tweets from secondary sources. I think twitter is irrelevant to the average Joe isn't it? 

See Starmer hasn't ruled out a coalition with Lib Dems just there. I felt pretty deflated yesterday because Boris "leaving" (he hasn't) felt like an anticlimax, but various other things have cheered me up to. Just have to realise its a long slog and at least hope the ship is turning. 

What a week in Politics though hey Rents.

You dropped your cargo at the first sign of an imperial starship over Starmers Brexit stance. Now you're happier than a Catholic priest in an orphanage. 

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Yeah, I don't go on religiously but It gives you a  fairly good idea of how moronic the English public are.

Yeah, I find CT as the vox pop on the Clapham omnibus here and the Barnsley gammons on QT enough thanks. ;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

What a week in Politics though hey Rents.

You dropped your cargo at the first sign of an imperial starship over Starmers Brexit stance. Now you're happier than a Catholic priest in an orphanage. 

:lol:

Yeah, tbh I just got around to listening to Dunt on the Wednesday night podcast and regained my faith a little. 

7 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Listening to the wireless earlier.  One bloke called up and said he's more angry than anything because this government has destroyed his faith in politics. 

With a bit of luck the likes of him will never vote again 

18 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Yeah, I don't go on religiously but It gives you a  fairly good idea of how moronic the English public are.

The plus side is that it’s a really good time to wind them up atm 

• Haha 1

I posted a picture of a clownshoe on my Arsebook yesterday, first time I’ve used it in ages. 
Got some lovely bites off the Tory side of my family in my private messages. 

The fucking thick cunts that they are :lol::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Just seen one that suggests only Sunak would beat him. 

All I know about Wallace is he's popular with the tory membership because he's an ultra armed forces/flag shagger as he's been "tough" on Russia - pretty much just like Truss. 

If he does win it will make Starmer's Flag shagging quite amusing in context. 

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I dont think Sunk comes across very strong.

He would break in seconds in a torture room.

:lol:

[Interrogator walks into darkened room with only a lampshade on the table and sits down facing a trembling rishi sunak sitting opposite him on a child's booster seat.]

Interrogator: "Morning Mr Sunak, before we start, can I get you a tea, coffee or somethi....."

Sunak:" I'll tell you everything you need to know!!!"

• Haha 4

I reckon Mordaunt will get it- she’s not as sullied by Johnson as the rest, which I reckon will be a biiig factor in the early rounds, and when it goes to the rank and cunts in the last round, she’s got enough recognition to beat the likes of Wallace, and is right wing enough to appeal to them. 

Also, tits. 

Fabricunt:

I am surprised how Durham police decided not to fine Starmer and Rayner.

Many people will think that, as a QC and a lawyer, Starmer wormed his way out of a conviction while, in effect, blackmailing Durham police by saying: “You’ll be bringing down the leader of the opposition if you fine me”.

Many regular people will feel this is another Establishment stitch-up.’

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• Jaysus... 1

Sunak is such a fucking weirdo. He's already got MPs lined up tweeting photos of themselves with quotes about how great he is and a "READY FOR RISHI" logo at the bottom of the photo.

He should fairly easily be brought down by the non-dom/green card business. Same goes for Javid.