Politics

Christmas Tree

33 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'm laughing but this red wall bollocks is beyond a fucking joke now, mind. 'Blue wall' gets a free pass it seems?

You’ve probably noticed all the voxpops and live interviews with a small grpup of disgruntled voters from these ‘red wall’ turned blue seats on BBC and Sky News these past couple of days.  Loads of things about it boils my piss. They only seem to involve people who voted leave and voted ‘for Boris’. Apart from it having a distinct air of looking down its nose at the areas and the people that you allude to, why the fuck is this the only place where they need to give the illusion of gauging public opinion. Even then it’s very one sided. Obviously in 2019 in loads of these places you still had over 50% of people who voted who didn’t vote for the winning Tory candidate. Fast forward 3 years and the projections in virtually all those places suggest they’d go back to Labour. But still practically the only people they talk to are white old or middle aged ‘Boris’ supporters. It’s a fucking joke, man. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

You’ve probably noticed all the voxpops and live interviews with a small grpup of disgruntled voters from these ‘red wall’ turned blue seats on BBC and Sky News these past couple of days.  Loads of things about it boils my piss. They only seem to involve people who voted leave and voted ‘for Boris’. Apart from it having a distinct air of looking down its nose at the areas and the people that you allude to, why the fuck is this the only place where they need to give the illusion of gauging public opinion. Even then it’s very one sided. Obviously in 2019 in loads of these places you still had over 50% of people who voted who didn’t vote for the winning Tory candidate. Fast forward 3 years and the projections in virtually all those places suggest they’d go back to Labour. But still practically the only people they talk to are white old or middle aged ‘Boris’ supporters. It’s a fucking joke, man. 

It boils my piss and it's one million percent looking down on a region and a people most of whom didn't vote for the cunt.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Easier to blame 'them' for Johnson than people you actually know and live around. 

It’s exactly the fucking same with Brexit, man. The whole of the south east outside London had a majority of Leave voters iirc. Even then London had (literally) millions of people voting for Brexit. But it’s always Oldham, Teesside, wherever portrayed as ‘Brexit Britain’. 

Edited by Alex
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Renton said:

Some credit for the BBC reporting this. Every claim Johnson made on this list  was a lie. Pity they don't put this on the broadcast news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/62071182

What stands out to me in that list, I expect him to lie his fucking skin off on the “big” ones- poverty, economy etc. 

But they couldn’t even get it remotely right in something utterly trivial like a crown stamp on a pint glass- at every single point, they were wrong. 

That sums up his entire administration for me, they were, and still are, literally, criminally incompetent. 

• Like 4

Brexit hard man Steve Baker will NOT run for the leadership. A serious blow to my sister who thinks he would make an amazing PM. 

But wait! He's thrown his weight behind genuine simpleton and everyone's favourite joke candidate Suella Braverman. 

She now has 5 (five) of the required 8 backers, but I think I'm right in saying that Desmond Swayne and Steve 'Corn Rows' Baker count double. 

• Haha 3

Chris Mason on the 10 o'clock news there has fitted nicely into the Kuinsberg role. The tone and narrative of his headline news on Starmer was ridiculous. And then it was over to some tory voting slum in greater Manchester to get some vox pops from the gammons.

Remember, I watch this shite so you don't have to. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Some credit for the BBC reporting this. Every claim Johnson made on this list  was a lie. Pity they don't put this on the broadcast news.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/62071182

It’s an absolutely fucking appalling list of lies as well, isn’t it? It’s not that long ago a PM saying one or two and being called out of those things would have lead to serious repercussions. It’s far from comprehensive either. Just throwing stuff out there like Starmer turning a blind eye to Savile when he was DPP

and hiding behind Parliamentary privilege. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Brexit hard man Steve Baker will NOT run for the leadership. A serious blow to my sister who thinks he would make an amazing PM. 

But wait! He's thrown his weight behind genuine simpleton and everyone's favourite joke candidate Suella Braverman. 

She now has 5 (five) of the required 8 backers, but I think I'm right in saying that Desmond Swayne and Steve 'Corn Rows' Baker count double. 

Baker and his group of Russian stooges usually back the winner like.

• Haha 1

The Ready for Rishi domain was registered several years ago :lol:

I genuinely think he’d be one of the worst options given the economic outlook. He’s another fiscal conservative who will introduce more austerity, exactly what we don’t need now

• Like 2

Jolyon Maugham caused a bit of a tweetstorm last night be tweeting then deleting something asking Sunak if he thought the Conservative membership was ready for a brown leader.

I think his point is fair though - faced with Sunak/Wallace or Sunak/Truss, I think they have a hard time resisting the pastier of the two. 

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Jolyon Maugham caused a bit of a tweetstorm last night be tweeting then deleting something asking Sunak if he thought the Conservative membership was ready for a brown leader.

I think his point is fair though - faced with Sunak/Wallace or Sunak/Truss, I think they have a hard time resisting the pastier of the two. 

Not to mention the racist voters up and down the country 

I think that's one point Starmer said. That the Tories keep saying rebuild Britain and people seem to forget these cunts have been in for 12 years. 

What they mean is rebuild after Covid. But if we weren't in such a fucking shite state we wouldn't have such a job to rebuild. 

50 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Sunak: "Lets rebuild the ecomony"

Err..you've been chancellor for the last 3 years, you clown.

Still, people will suck this up. Its well polished. He must be the front runner.

His campaign video begins with a lovely story about how his Mam travelled to England for a better life before bringing all her family over to join her

Doesnt mention the massive elephant in the room that she'd be on a 1 way flight to Rwanda if she'd tried that in 2022 :lol: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

How would you know if they don't like brown people or just have a phobia against midgets?

• Haha 1