Politics

Christmas Tree

Pretty much what Gemmill and myself have said previously. He could have pushed through a raft of policies entirely unchallenged. We’re lucky that he’s as inept as he is dishonest.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 2

I fucking detest him but while he’s a sociopath he’s not ideologically driven (because he doesn’t have an ideology) like some of the other nutters. You could argue they wouldn’t have that majority anyway but I think loads of them could’ve got a 50 seat + majority at the last election just by making it about Corbyn and Brexit. It’s scary to think what some of the current contenders could do / would’ve done 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 3

Agree. He wsn't a co-author of Brittania Unchained for starters. Truss, Raab,  Kwarteng, and Patel were. That book chills me, because despite being atrociously written, it gives insight into their vile idealogy. Truth is, Johnson could have probably prospered in New Labour. He is an utter chameleon without any personal idealogy or ethics at all. See also Trump.  

• Like 3

Looks to me like it is going to be Mordaunt. I honestly don't know much about her. Seen she wants to continue the woke agenda and is a massive brexiter. Also am I supposed to be impressed she was a navy reservist? 

ivan rakitic GIF

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Looks to me like it is going to be Mordaunt. I honestly don't know much about her. Seen she wants to continue the woke agenda and is a massive brexiter. Also am I supposed to be impressed she was a navy reservist? 

ivan rakitic GIF

It'll be interesting to see which way the Hunt/Tugendhat/Javid etc people break when their candidate falls away. 

I still think it's Mordaunt or Truss vs Sunak. 

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

It'll be interesting to see which way the Hunt/Tugendhat/Javid etc people break when their candidate falls away. 

Yeah, I think either of the (white) women would beat a (brown) man when it comes to the final hurdle. 

Edited by Renton

9 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

If she's got the backing of JRM & Dorries, I hope to fuck it isn't Truss. I imagine that's who Johnson is getting behind as well.

1 minute ago, Craig said:

If she's got the backing of JRM & Dorries, I hope to fuck it isn't Truss. I imagine that's who Johnson is getting behind as well.

Truss is the one I'm most confident Starmer will beat. She's a fucking idiot. 

38 minutes ago, Renton said:

ivan rakitic GIF

Likes muff diving? /MF

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Truss is the one I'm most confident Starmer will beat. She's a fucking idiot. 

There is that, yes. 

I'm just trying to minimise the hell between now and the next GE. Truss to me is the nearest in principle to Johnson, and I think those who have come out to back here are demonstrative of that. There definitely needs to be a change in approach from those fucking mongs long before the next GE. 

2 minutes ago, Craig said:

There is that, yes. 

I'm just trying to minimise the hell between now and the next GE. Truss to me is the nearest in principle to Johnson, and I think those who have come out to back here are demonstrative of that. There definitely needs to be a change in approach from those fucking mongs long before the next GE. 

truss is noticeably opportunistic like. From a vocal remainer to absolute screaming gammon headbanger overnight. I am absolutely confident personally though that Starmer can eviscerate every last one of these cunts. 

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Aye in terms of what would be best for the country, I think it probably is Sunak. 

Of all of them or just your final 3? Tugenhat might offer something else I think. Not much else mind. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Of all of them or just your final 3? Tugenhat might offer something else I think. Not much else mind. 

Aye I excluded him cos he's got no chance. At least Sunak is trying to be the adult in the room about tax cuts. That was my main reason for saying he'd be the best of a bad bunch for the country. 

Aye I excluded him cos he's got no chance. At least Sunak is trying to be the adult in the room about tax cuts. That was my main reason for saying he'd be the best of a bad bunch for the country. 

Maybe. Probably still saving his cuts for just before the GE. The tories have done a hell of a job on the economy like. Twelve years of paiful austerity and yet national debt has tripled whilst taxes are their highest ever. Quite outstandng work how they still convince people they are best for the economy. 

• Like 1

Yeah they're all cunts. When I say adult in the room about Sunak, I mainly just mean he will avoid making immediate inflationary tax cuts. All of the rest of them are blithely promising tax cuts with ZERO understanding of the impact. Just because that's what fuck heads want to hear. 

• Like 2

Of those in the contest, Tugendhat is the best option, but I agree he's unlike to get beyond the 2nd round. Of the 3 being mentioned, I can't fucking stand Truss or Sunak so I'm tending to lean towards Mordaunt, but the reality is I don't know enough about her. 

What a fucking turgid mess they've got this country into in the last 12 years. 

These results are a bit weird cos they've got Badenoch absolutely beasting Sunak, but if this is to be believed the only run-offs he can win are the run-offs that won't happen. 

These results are a bit weird cos they've got Badenoch absolutely beasting Sunak, but if this is to be believed the only run-offs he can win are the run-offs that won't happen. 

Even Braverman howks him :lol:

I've gone back and quoted myself cos I'd last-paged myself and friends don't do that to friends.