Politics

Christmas Tree

I didn't see Pistorius on that but including Johnson was a bit of a head scratcher. Guess trying to hoover up more votes. Every last one of these cunts is pathetic and I think is bested by every member of Labour's front bench. But then we have @Dr Gloom'so media to co tend with. ;)

Went to our closest friends for dinner tonight.

I come from one of the roughest estates in Leeds and my friend the same.  We have both managed to do well at school and get ourselves a job where we have worked our way to a decent wage.  During the Pandemic he decided to start out on his own.  We now both live in the more affluent area's of Leeds.  In reality we should be both voting Tory, but I would rathe chop of my cock and have it poked by Robert Maudsley than vote for them cunts.

Anyways, we are sat in their garden tonight having tea.  My wife and I are god parents to their children.  Whilst mum and dad are cooking dinner we are playing and messing about,  Next door are having a BBQ.  I have met next door several times.  They pop around with wine and start chatting about the weekend, kids etc.  My god daughter said to neighbour 'Uncle x was laughing at Boris being a criminal and you like him don't you?'  He quickly went out and we never saw them again :lol:  

I am glad my close friends never forget where their roots are.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

austerity worked so well last time, sure  - why not? 

It’s not even a new policy. The government announced it last month / the month before. Although I’m sure one of the departments in question investigating his tax affairs had nothing to do with his reiterating the plans. You can tell there’s an element of spite because headcount is the only thing being considered as part of these savings. It’s impractical for a lot reasons. Covid and Brexit have created lots of work / red tape and the latter in particular is nowhere near ‘done’. I could go on and on, but it’s not exactly the most thrilling of subjects. But I’ll give one more example as to why it’s nowhere near as simple as it sounds: the MoJ has c 60,000 civil servants. But only about 10% are civil servants on what people would think of in the conventional sense, most of the rest are prison officers and probation officers.  

• Like 1

Just heard Tugenhadt on 5live, asked about the circumstances that led him to run for the leadership he started banging on about a leader of the opposition being an anti semite. Very mildly admonished by Rachel Burden. I fuckin give up :cuppa:

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

10 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Mordaunt is surly the lesser of the evils

They're all fucking shit. It's like being asked which life-threatening illness do you desire and that you must select one. 

• Like 3

I can't see it being Sunak. The assassin seldom becomes king, they're usually sacrificial as part of the process. Same with Heseltine when he ousted Thatcher. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Sunak back at the cabinet table mind you, but nowhere near the Treasury. 

• Like 1

The leadership race is a timely reminder that gender, age, race, religion or height are not obstacles to being a truly awful person 

54 minutes ago, Craig said:

I can't see it being Sunak. The assassin seldom becomes king, they're usually sacrificial as part of the process. Same with Heseltine when he ousted Thatcher. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Sunak back at the cabinet table mind you, but nowhere near the Treasury. 

I can't see it being Zahawi either, whether he or Sunak realise it I can't see the party making the selection being stupid enough to put anyone who doesn't sound white in charge given the vote they've spent years courting.