Politics

Christmas Tree

7 hours ago, ewerk said:

So Truss is going to introduce a windfall tax on energy companies at last. But only on renewable and nuclear power generators. Her paymasters in fossil fuels remain untouched.

And working very hard on banning farmers from placing solar panels on their own private land - not to sell to the energy market , but to reduce their consumption. 

Parallel to this week's announcement that no energy saving information will be given because "we can't be telling people what to do" 

Meanwhile, those "climate emergency" protestors "Block ambulances" in central London.

Hell in a fucking handbasket.

Edited by scoobos
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, scoobos said:

And working very hard on banning farmers from placing solar panels on their own private land - not to sell to the energy market , but to reduce their consumption. 

Parallel to this week's announcement that no energy saving information will be given because "we can't be telling people what to do" 

Meanwhile, those "climate emergency" protestors "Block ambulances" in central London.

Hell in a fucking handbasket.

Yeah but the ban on solar panels on farmland is to increase the food supply. You know all that potential food that we have absolutely nobody to help harvest?

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Yeah but the ban on solar panels on farmland is to increase the food supply. You know all that potential food that we have absolutely nobody to help harvest?

You can farm livestock in solar panel fields, the whole ban thing is to appease Tory nimbies

• Like 2

Forgive my ignorance, but you know when an MP makes a claim in the chambers? Is it against any rules for another MP to have a team of factcheckers, in a room somewhere, feeding them accurate information by phone or something?

His [Bailey's] intervention saying that pension funds must sort themselves out by Friday was as logical as a doctor saying get better in three days or I will withdraw your drugs, which were working

The furthest right economic right wing in the form of Bailey is fighting the economic right wing in the form of Truss and Kwarteng today. No one else will get a look in. The idiots are in charge. It’s very hard to find anything optimistic in this scenario.

Depressing thread here, a reminder that the Governor of the BoE is a stupid Brexiter cunt. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Renton said:

Depressing thread here, a reminder that the Governor of the BoE is a stupid Brexiter cunt. 

I can't read this bloke's threads. He might well be right, but fuck me everything he puts on twitter is deeply depressing. My simple message to Richard Murphy is bring me solutions, not more problems. 

22 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I can't read this bloke's threads. He might well be right, but fuck me everything he puts on twitter is deeply depressing. My simple message to Richard Murphy is bring me solutions, not more problems. 

I'm not familiar with him. But Bailey is a cunt mind. 

I don't know what mechanism they're going to employ, but they've got no choice but to get rid of her imo. She's been a catastrophe, and there's no upside to keeping her and an enormous downside for the country and the future existence of her party. 

37 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I don't know what mechanism they're going to employ, but they've got no choice but to get rid of her imo. She's been a catastrophe, and there's no upside to keeping her and an enormous downside for the country and the future existence of her party. 

Replaced by who though? I don't buy Johnson will risk the humiliation of being unseated as a standing PM. Sunak or Mordaunt then? Talk about a poisoned chalice. Also surely they'd have to have a GE immediately? 

Just now, Toonpack said:

oh dear 😂

Rees Mogg unleashed on Peston again too, saying that if the OBR forecasts don't give them what they want then "other forecasters are available". 

Johnson was at least savvy enough to sideline Rees Mogg. This daft cunt has seen his performance this morning and still let him do Peston in the evening. There's nobody with a brain left. 

33 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Sunak. And they won't have an immediate GE. Sunak came second last time, so it's an easier play than Mordaunt, and he should calm the markets. 

I agree that's probably the least worst option but it's still pretty dire. Especially as 1922 would need to change the rules to make it even less democratic.

Edited by Renton

31 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Sunak. And they won't have an immediate GE. Sunak came second last time, so it's an easier play than Mordaunt, and he should calm the markets. 

If it’s down to the same 64,000 zombies that chose the current useless cunt, it’ll be whoever ends up in the final two against Sunak. 
For obvious reasons. 

I doubt he’d run though, as they’re beyond redemption and it’d be political suicide for him if he somehow won the vote of his racist party members. 

Just now, Gemmill said:

I think they'll short circuit the current rules. There isn't the time for another leadership contest. 

That's what I meant by even less democratic. A Sunak coronation would look awful. Not sure he'd want to be part of it tbh, does he want to be an opposition leader?

1 minute ago, Renton said:

That's what I meant by even less democratic. A Sunak coronation would look awful. Not sure he'd want to be part of it tbh, does he want to be an opposition leader?

It'll save the economy from completely falling over and the fact it looks terrible will mean he's damaged goods with the electorate. Which is fine.