Politics

Christmas Tree

It's being pointed out in twitter that Johnson used to send the paymaster general Michael Ellis to respond to his UQs. Should Truss choose to do the same, the person currently in that role is Chris Philp...who was also sacked at the same time as Kwarteng. 

So he might have to turn up to answer an UQ about the PM's decision to sack Kwarteng (and him). :lol:

Let's fucking DO THIS! 

• Haha 1

Fucking Mordaunt ruining everyone's fun. Or is this her trying to look Prime Ministerial. Either way Truss looks shite for not showing up given she was already planning to sit next to Hunt at 3:30. Now she can't make 3:30. :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

It’s over, and has been for days. This is just the death rattle. So, do Labour want a GE? If so, how can they force one?.. 🤔

I don't think they can unfortunately. If they want to call a confidence vote in the govt they should do it now though, before Truss goes. 

Put red wall MPs to a decision and more than likely get them on the record as supporting Truss. 

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

It’s over, and has been for days. This is just the death rattle. So, do Labour want a GE? If so, how can they force one?.. 🤔

Of course they do. But there is no mechanism for it, is there? If the tories try to carry on with a newly coronated leader though I think they are literally finished as a party. They might already be anyway. I can't see any way out for them now. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

There is no way she can survive this week now imo. Watching the presser on Friday she looked broken. I'm a compassionate person and I hope she steps down for the sake of her own health. The sooner she does this the better for all of us. 

Renton wuvvvsssss her.

I have no sympathy. If she has any decency she'd have realised she is out of her depth and resigned.  Sociopaths tend not to though.

The fact she's letting Mordaunt do her UQ is being taken as a possible sign of imminent resignation. Presumably she'll go before PMQs if so, no point putting herself through a final humiliation. I'm going for tomorrow evening. 

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The fact she's letting Mordaunt do her UQ is being taken as a possible sign of imminent resignation. Presumably she'll go before PMQs if so, no point putting herself through a final humiliation. I'm going for tomorrow evening. 

I think even you might have given her too much time on reflection. But I've cast my vote now. 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Hold on, if she does go tonight, isn't the deputy PM normally the acting PM until they get another one, however they do that? That's Therese Coffey. :lol:

Holy fucking shit :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Hold on, if she does go tonight, isn't the deputy PM normally the acting PM until they get another one, however they do that? That's Therese Coffey. :lol:

It wasn't the case with Johnson and given that this will be a coronation rather than an open contest if probably doesn't make a whole lot of difference. They should give it to Rehman Chishti just for the lolz.