Politics

Christmas Tree

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

How very dare you. Heinz beans and sausages on toast with a bit of grated mature cheddar on top, is the food of Gods. Unaffordable now, except as a special treat @The Fish's English tapas restaurant,. 

Sausages, plus Heinz beans is fine. Sausages in tin, be they surrounded by Heinz beans or no - that's entirely unacceptable.

• Like 1

Look like you're shopping at Sainsbury there Renty babes. Have you got an Amex card? You can get yourself £500 worth of Nectar points by signing up for one and spending £3k on it in the first three months. 

• Like 1

Whey fuck you and your la di dah establishment then. Btw, before ewerk's snobbery displaces my grocery rant,  beans alone in local coop, now 1.20 a tin. I reckon that's tripled from pre Brexit/pandemic prices. 

It's strange though, like butter has gone up loads, but not cheese. And red meat seems relatively inexpensive too. Literally now cheaper to eat steak than tinned beans. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Look like you're shopping at Sainsbury there Renty babes. Have you got an Amex card? You can get yourself £500 worth of Nectar points by signing up for one and spending £3k on it in the first three months. 

Cheers, no I haven't but sounds a bit to good to be true that? This is definitely 500 quid and not 500 points? Will look into it Mr Lewis. 👍

1 hour ago, Renton said:

How very dare you. Heinz beans and sausages on toast with a bit of grated mature cheddar on top, is the food of Gods. Unaffordable now, except as a special treat @The Fish's English tapas restaurant,. 

No wonder that you do not believe in God if you think that’s his favourite food.

2 hours ago, Renton said:

And just as I wrote that, the postie has dropped a letter from HSBC to add to the other 9 letters that my mortgage has gone up again. Now paying about £400 more than I was this time last year, and half my fucking mortgage is permanently fixed! Some people are in for a hell of a shock when their fixed rates end. And while I'm on it, remember the days when a tin of beans and sausages (kids like them, so do I if I'm honest) cost about 70 pence? Like, 2 years ago? Now..... 

image.png.6b3e8f583cfacfaff36d0528e129c643.png

Fill your boots

77932668-4ACF-44B7-8437-B7CE38585C8B.thumb.png.d3c2ec4a02884650d0398b0f46403f29.png

Hey lads, I was kinda making a general point on the economy here and te cost of living. Since then I've (with much appreciation) received advice on my diet, the acceptability of eating canned products in English tapas, Sainsbury's loyalty points and credit cards, and now internet grocery shopping. Enough! 

Just to be clear, I'm not against sausage and beans. just any kind of meat in a tin.

On the broader topic, I've found the usual staples have had to be replaced because I can make different meals for less than the old stuff. Also made a fucking spreadsheet (of course I have), that helps plans a week's meal. Peppers come in packs of three, most recipes call for one, or two. I can use it to ensure we waste less food, waste less money. Me and the wife pull in a decent amount, it should be comfortable. But we genuinely have to be frugal with our plans. All because of the fucking Bullingdon boys having a pissing contest instead of governing. A pissing contest with the fate of the country on the line. 

When's the next General Election? 2025? Fuck me.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Just to be clear, I'm not against sausage and beans. just any kind of meat in a tin.

On the broader topic, I've found the usual staples have had to be replaced because I can make different meals for less than the old stuff. Also made a fucking spreadsheet (of course I have), that helps plans a week's meal. Peppers come in packs of three, most recipes call for one, or two. I can use it to ensure we waste less food, waste less money. Me and the wife pull in a decent amount, it should be comfortable. But we genuinely have to be frugal with our plans. All because of the fucking Bullingdon boys having a pissing contest instead of governing. A pissing contest with the fate of the country on the line. 

When's the next General Election? 2025? Fuck me.

You can get a bag of Sainsbury's imperfect peppers for less than a quid which lasts for two weeks in my experience. But aye, I used to never have to really check grocery costs but we must be spending over £600 a month on food now so have to watch it, Sounds ridiculous and I can hardly believe it but there you are. But then my mortgage is now nearly 4 times that, which is even insaner. And I've no idea what I owe on energy and neither do EDF apparently, the useless cunts. They're being reported now to the regulator after not receiving a proper bill for 18 months (although DD has gone up loads). 

We're also due an energy price rise in April once the cap is lowered. Couple this with people moving out of fixed mortgages, and It's really puzzling to me how anybody can be optimistic about the near future at least.   

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

You can get a bag of Sainsbury's imperfect peppers for less than a quid which lasts for two weeks in my experience. But aye, I used to never have to really check grocery costs but we must be spending over £600 a month on food now so have to watch it, Sounds ridiculous and I can hardly believe it but there you are. But then my mortgage is now nearly 4 times that, which is even insaner. And I've no idea what I owe on energy and neither do EDF apparently, the useless cunts. They're being reported now to the regulator after not receiving a proper bill for 18 months (although DD has gone up loads). 

We're also due an energy price rise in April once the cap is lowered. Couple this with people moving out of fixed mortgages, and It's really puzzling to me how anybody can be optimistic about the near future at least.   

Our fixed rate ends next year, so does our fixed energy rate. All the money we're going to 'save' by not paying for childcare will fucking disappear because of cunts being cunts. 

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Our fixed rate ends next year, so does our fixed energy rate. All the money we're going to 'save' by not paying for childcare will fucking disappear because of cunts being cunts. 

Jesus, I had forgotten about full time childcare, its absolutely crippling. I still have topay for some wrap around care, but almost beyond that stage now thankfully. 

14 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Neill Oliver is another who has fallen down the rabbit hole and landed in the loony bin.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

He’s an absolute cunt 👍🏻

You can understand the likes of Le Tissier and David Icke falling for this kind of fantasy bullshit, but Oliver is/was a historian. 
The most basic thing about being a historian is establishing the veracity of your sources. 

He’s absolutely murdered his career for a dip in the loony pool. 

Glorious :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You can understand the likes of Le Tissier and David Icke falling for this kind of fantasy bullshit, but Oliver is/was a historian. 
The most basic thing about being a historian is establishing the veracity of your sources. 

He’s absolutely murdered his career for a dip in the loony pool. 

Glorious :lol:

Before his descent into the lunacy, I saw an article (years ago) which basically destroyed the illusion he was a real/serious historian, his switch to anything to keep himself popular is no surprise.

And he's a cunt.

• Like 2