Politics

Christmas Tree

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

We worked out that for the money we're spending on nursery we could send our little lad to the same private school as Wayne Rooney's kids.

So I hope you stuck with the nursery. :smile:

• Haha 2

On 11/02/2023 at 13:42, Renton said:

Btw @The Fish, the latest  News Agents podcast was quite topical this week, all about childcare cost crisis and had Bridget on talking about Labour's plans for reform. She is increasingly becoming a major figure in the party like. 

Cheers, I'll give it a listen. 

I remember seeing a chart showing the cost of childcare in England vs other European countries. It's both shocking and not at all surprising. 

Tories are all about people working, right? So make childcare affordable, then parents are more able to get back to work full time. 

4 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

So I hope you stuck with the nursery. :smile:

No, I want to become best mates with Wazza, he looks like precisely the kind of bloke who'd really get a kick out of comic books, spreadsheets and English Tapas.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

They're supposedly about to "do something big" on childcare, but we'll see. 

Well, Mrs Fish was saying they were looking into reducing the number of staff required per child. But I don't expect that's good for the kids, good for the remaining staff, or would precipitate cheaper childcare. 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Well, Mrs Fish was saying they were looking into reducing the number of staff required per child. But I don't expect that's good for the kids, good for the remaining staff, or would precipitate cheaper childcare. 

Staff ratios in the UK are quite high compared withother countries tbf. But anyway, what's wrong with cages? 

Sturgeon always seemed to rile up the inner gammon of a lot of people, including my mother, who loathes her (never understood why). I liked her, a very effective politician committed to what she believes. 

Be interesting to hear the reasonings for this resignation, and of course the real reason. She's currently pleading the Jacinda Ardern defence but I'm not sure that washes considering the critical importance of the next 2 years for Scotland. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

Sturgeon always seemed to rile up the inner gammon of a lot of people, including my mother, who loathes her (never understood why). I liked her, a very effective politician committed to what she believes. 

Be interesting to hear the reasonings for this resignation, and of course the real reason. She's currently pleading the Jacinda Ardern defence but I'm not sure that washes considering the critical importance of the next 2 years for Scotland. 

At some point in the last decade 400k has gone missing from SNP coffers 

at the point when this is alleged to have taken place NS’s husband John Swinney the party chairman loaned the SNP 140k . He’s allegedly a “beard” ie hes there to give an air of normality to NS, who is allegedly a lesbian in hoc to various militant Trans activists some of whom are now in powerful positions in the Scottish government. Their marriage is allegedly a sham. There’s apparently a lot of gagging orders in place about this . 

Sturgeon’s camp of course needed to remove her predecessor who was accused of being a deviant and was found to have done various distasteful things to women he worked with but was exonerated on many other counts when the evidence was found to have been entirely fabricated.  I had an exchange recently with a senior member of Salmond’s Alba party where he called English people buying property in Scotland “settlers” I asked him where the fuck he thought he lived, the West Bank? 

Indy would be good for the people of Scotland. Scottish nationalists of whatever stripe appear to me to be utter fuckin unredeamable cunts though  :cuppa:

cc @Kevin Carr's Gloves

not you mate :D 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

at the point when this is alleged to have taken place NS’s husband John Swinney the party chairman loaned the SNP 140k . He’s allegedly a “beard” ie hes there to give an air of normality to NS, who is allegedly a lesbian in hoc to various militant Trans activists some of whom are now in powerful positions in the Scottish government. Their marriage is allegedly a sham. There’s apparently a lot of gagging orders in place about this . 

Sturgeon’s camp of course needed to remove her predecessor who was accused of being a deviant and was found to have done various distasteful things to women he worked with but was exonerated on many other counts when the evidence was found to have been entirely fabricated.  I had an exchange recently with a senior member of Salmond’s Alba party where he called English people buying property in Scotland “settlers” I asked him where the fuck he thought he lived, the West Bank? 

Indy would be good for the people of Scotland. Scottish nationalists of whatever stripe appear to me to be utter fuckin unredeamable cunts though  :cuppa:

cc @Kevin Carr's Gloves

John Swinny isn't NS husband

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

John Swinny isn't NS husband

Yeah am not an expert, I read it in Private Eye a few months ago. Her husband Peter Murrell made the loan. I expect the rest is broadly accurate? If this is even 2/3rds accurate they’re definitely wandering down “corrupt Westminster tory lane” which is a great shame because it’ll mean no Indy for at least half a century…

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

cc @Kevin Carr's Gloves

Well Scottish Nationalists come across a lot better to me than English Nationalists. I don't get why NS would need a beard like, its 2023 ffs. As for the militant transgender stuff.... 

Kadeem Hardison Tbh GIF by NETFLIX