Politics

Christmas Tree

Got to love the idea that Johnson would choose to potentially die for what he considers to be the greater good. He wouldn’t cut short a holiday for the greater good. The odious cunt 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I mean, I love how much this must be making Wankcock squirm but what a piece of work this one is 

image.png.310610f03c165b09174b58c2c6db6940.png

Cunts getting pissed off about one the cunts they employ acting like a cunt and selling information about another cunt to a rival set of cunts? Cry me a cunting river 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I mean, I love how much this must be making Wankcock squirm but what a piece of work this one is 

image.png.310610f03c165b09174b58c2c6db6940.png

Treachery in Murdoch/Barclay

media land?? YOURE FUCKING SHITTING ME GLOOM??!! :cuppa:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Treachery in Murdoch/Barclay

media land?? YOURE FUCKING SHITTING ME GLOOM??!! :cuppa:

It’s his own fault for handing it over to her in the first place as she’s got form for it. He’s the frog and she’s the scorpion 

10 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s his own fault for handing it over to her in the first place as she’s got form for it. He’s the frog and she’s the scorpion 

She’s also an anti lockdown headbanger in a relationship with Reform Party leader Richard Tice.  If Hancock made mistakes during the Covid crisis it would appear that he’s learned the square root of fuck all from them 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Cunts getting pissed off about one the cunts they employ acting like a cunt and selling information about another cunt to a rival set of cunts? Cry me a cunting river 

Poetry :lol:

On 28/02/2023 at 10:45, Renton said:

Sunak says being in single market and UK makes Northern Ireland 'world's most exciting economic zone'

Hold on, isn't that exactly what the rest of the UK also had before Brexit? :lol:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Starmer and Sunak basically standing on the same platform now

I'm back to not voting for the fuckers. We might make your lives a tiny bit less shit than the Tories isn't inspiring me. 

'Labour are going to reverse Brexit' is exactly the attack line that the Tories want. Labour can't fight and win on Europe.

7 minutes ago, ewerk said:

'Labour are going to reverse Brexit' is exactly the attack line that the Tories want. Labour can't fight and win on Europe.

There's fighting an election on Europe and there's being more hardline than the Tories. Add in a refusal to countenance PR and what's the point

10 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I appreciate people who refuse to give you any opportunity to see any kind of good in them. It makes life a lot easier.

I bet they've got flat screen TVs as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

There's fighting an election on Europe and there's being more hardline than the Tories. Add in a refusal to countenance PR and what's the point

They're not more hardline than the Tories though, they're simply taking it off the table as an election issue.

8 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I feel similar. The fact we feel like this is positive prood Labour are alienating voters like us. Just a reminder here:

• NOBODY ever voted to leave the SM or the CU.
  • The large majority of voters now (2:1 ratio and increasing) think Brexit was a mistake.

And yet here we have Reeve and Starmer with their fucking pathetic, needless, red lines. And not being funny @ewerk, for you personally, you are gaining from this as you benefit from being in the SM and still have your FoM. What about the rest of us? What about people in Scotland, who voted against Brexit in even greater number than NI? How anyone in Scotland can bear this current situation is beyond me like. 

Edited by Renton

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I feel similar. The fact we feel like this is positive prood Labour are alienating voters like us. Just a reminder here:

• NOBODY ever voted to leave the SM or the CU.
  • The large majority of voters now (2:1 ratio and increasing) think Brexit was a mistake.

And yet here we have Reeve and Starmer with their fucking pathetic, needless, red lines. And not being funny @ewerk, for you personally, you are gaining from this as you benefit from being in the SM and still have your FoM. What about the rest of us? What about people in Scotland, who voted against Brexit in even greater number than NI? How anyone in Scotland can bear this current situation is beyond me like. 

I'm not benefitting from this in any way. I'm just not as badly fucked as the rest of you. The overall decline of the UK economy still affects me.

I would have the entire UK back in the EU tomorrow if it was possible. But 44% of the electorate still think we were right to leave the EU. It's a minority but it's a huge amount of people to alienate if you hope to win power. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Are you in Caroline Lucas's constituency? I'd vote for her if I was. 

Otherwise, I dunno. Maybe get Labour in and see if they drift toward the SM for next GE? Because realistically we are at least a decade away from thinking about the SM. In reality though, I'm afraid the longer we are out, the harder it will be to rejoin as we inevitably diverge and the EU federalise. I also just can't see any mechanism for SM access now, we're too big for a Norway type status. Even if all the EU countries were supportive (seems unlikely), I don't think the EU itself could countenance the democratic deficit such a position would cause to the population of the UK (oh the irony). And rejoining the EU without the rebate, accepting the euro and Schenghen? I'm not sure that will happen in my lifetime tbh. Makes me livid what these ciunts have done. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm not benefitting from this in any way. I'm just not as badly fucked as the rest of you. The overall decline of the UK economy still affects me.

I would have the entire UK back in the EU tomorrow if it was possible. But 44% of the electorate still think we were right to leave the EU. It's a minority but it's a huge amount of people to alienate if you hope to win power. 

I'd be happy to have an EU passport like you. And actually once the status quo settles NI could be very well placed economically. Not sure where you have gotten your data from. 

By the next GE (next year), there will not be 44% of people thinking we were right to leave the EU (actually already only 38% in the latest poll). Slightly different question here, less than a third think Brexit was a good idea and the trend is obvious. 

In hindsight, do you think Britain was right or wrong to vote to leave the European Union? (January 2020 to February 2023)

TEMP.thumb.png.13ecf2b258e30bfc5bdcff2ff9a83d23.png

Edited by Renton

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'd be happy to have an EU passport like you. And actually once the status quo settles NI could be very well placed economically. Not sure where you have gotten your data from. 

By the next GE (next year), there will not be 44% of people thinking we were right to leave the EU (actually already only 38% in the latest poll). Slightly different question here, less than a third think Brexit was a good idea and the trend is obvious. 

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/in-highsight-do-you-think-britain-was-right-or-wrong-to-vote-to-leave-the-eu/

Whether it's 44% or 38% is irrelevant. It's still a large proportion of the electorate to say to 'we're going to do the opposite of what you want'.

What we will see under Labour are things like veterinarian agreements and closer ties that will lessen the damage but even if Labour were going full on rejoin, the country isn't ready for that.

Edited by ewerk
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I appreciate people who refuse to give you any opportunity to see any kind of good in them. It makes life a lot easier.

To be fair I could imagine it applying to him 

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/in-highsight-do-you-think-britain-was-right-or-wrong-to-vote-to-leave-the-eu/

Whether it's 44% or 38% is irrelevant. It's still a large proportion of the electorate to say to 'we're going to do the opposite of what you want'.

What we will see under Labour are things like veterinarian agreements and closer ties that will lessen the damage but even if Labour were going full on rejoin, the country isn't ready for that.

But the proportion thinking the opposite is, or will be, twice as large?

I'm not asking Labour to be full on rejoin, I don't even think its possible. I'm just asking them not to fucking rub salt into my wounds by endlessly placating the gammons with utterly needless red lines. Cos I am not far now from spongebob's position of saying fuck you, I can't vote for you any more. 

• Like 2

The whole Lee Anderson thing shows how desperate the party is, mind. The hierarchy will have nothing but disdain for him. But they’ve tried everything else so they might as well give the working class bigot a go as they’re facing oblivion anyway. 

• Like 2