Politics

Christmas Tree

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

But the proportion thinking the opposite is, or will be, twice as large?

I'm not asking Labour to be full on rejoin, I don't even think its possible. I'm just asking them not to fucking rub salt into my wounds by endlessly placating the gammons with utterly needless red lines. Cos I am not far now from spongebob's position of saying fuck you, I can't vote for you any more. 

Because if you don't put down red lines and try to fudge the answer, being all things to all people, you look shifty and the electorate will smell it out from a mile off. 

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Because if you don't put down red lines and try to fudge the answer, being all things to all people, you look shifty and the electorate will smell it out from a mile off. 

Smell what? Alright then, rule it out for a parliamentary term (because as I say, we know it's impossible within these time frames). Or do what they are doing now, piss off twice as many people and alienate tyhe younger voter base. 

Starmer’s playing a blinder as per the polls. Unfortunately that’s all that really matters at this stage. Depressing as that is

Edited by Alex

Reminds me of the cowardice under Miliband when he wouldn't speak the truth out against austerity. That worked out well. Sometimes there is more to be gained by being brave. And supporting PR is another thing they should be doing, while I'm at it. Or is Starmer actually just a nother self seving cunt who more interested in political power than what's good for the country? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t know but I do know you don’t change anything if you don’t get in. The way things are it’s only be virtue of fucking up that Labour don’t get a huge majority. They don’t a fair crack of the whip in the press as we know. Even a hint of backtracking on Brexit and the Mail etc are all over it. 

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Reminds me of the cowardice under Miliband when he wouldn't speak the truth out against austerity. That worked out well. Sometimes there is more to be gained by being brave. And supporting PR is another thing they should be doing, while I'm at it. Or is Starmer actually just a nother self seving cunt who more interested in political power than what's good for the country? 

Corbyn tried being brave and looked where that got the party. I agree with you, the sooner we get PR in the better and at least parties will be able to say what they really think rather than trying to win over half of the country.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I don’t know but I do know you don’t change anything if you don’t get in. The way things are it’s only be virtue of fucking up that Labour don’t get a huge majority. They don’t a fair crack of the whip in the press as we know. Even a hint of backtracking on Brexit and the Mail etc are all over it. 

I know. But first, I'd discount what happened to Corbyn, he was obviously unelectable and an easy target for the press. But with Starmer, well yes, they are well ahead in the polls on a manifesto purely of not being the tories. Where's the counterfactual if he was a bit braver? We don't know, but I recall with Blair the red tops saw which way the wind was blowing (the Sun in particular) and backed himas aresult as much as any pact he had with them. I'd ignore the Mail in any case, they will never be onside. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Corbyn tried being brave and looked where that got the party. I agree with you, the sooner we get PR in the better and at least parties will be able to say what they really think rather than trying to win over half of the country.

Like I said, the situation with Corbyn was very different. Brexit is not the issue it once was, and Sunak is not Johnson. 

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

I know. But first, I'd discount what happened to Corbyn, he was obviously unelectable and an easy target for the press. But with Starmer, well yes, they are well ahead in the polls on a manifesto purely of not being the tories. Where's the counterfactual if he was a bit braver? We don't know, but I recall with Blair the red tops saw which way the wind was blowing (the Sun in particular) and backed himas aresult as much as any pact he had with them. I'd ignore the Mail in any case, they will never be onside. 

I don’t really disagree. I just think from his pov it’s possibly/probably a case of annihilate the Tories and take it from there. As ewerk alludes to the FPTP system makes politics in this country a pathetic game of trying to appeal to / not offend almost everyone 

• Like 1

Hancock is possibly getting sued for breach of GDPR regs over these WhatsApp messages by the civil servants union . LBC have talked to a lawyer and are saying that he’ll need a lot more than the 400k he earned in the jungle :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Hancock is possibly getting sued for breach of GDPR regs over these WhatsApp messages by the civil servants union . LBC have talked to a lawyer and are saying that he’ll need a lot more than the 400k he earned in the jungle :lol:

He absolutely should be. And if Euphemia Moneyshot is tried for treason, that woulf be even funnier. :)

• Haha 6

24 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Hancock is possibly getting sued for breach of GDPR regs over these WhatsApp messages by the civil servants union . LBC have talked to a lawyer and are saying that he’ll need a lot more than the 400k he earned in the jungle :lol:

"Earned did you say?"

tenor.gif?itemid=20039662

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah earner isn’t quite the right word is it?… 

I'd gladly take that £400k and do the same shit in the jungle then wouldn't have to worry about what happens next after my redundancy. Money goes to money is the saying but I'd add cunts to it as well. 

The more I think about it, the more I like calling Isabel Oakeshot Euphemia Moneyshot. If one of you lads has any social media links with Led by Donkeys or Oh God What Now, etc, please let them know. Because her second name clearly bothers her. I only knew of it because it was on her wiki page just yesterday. Looked today, and its gone! :lol: 

Still, you can't erase your name from government documents that easily. :lol:

image.thumb.png.90679e544a04153b429607055d389ed2.png 

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Still, at least he has the royalties from the book to fall back on.

Oh wait...

image.png.c5e9540406ea3ba5ff354ac28734fddb.png

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Still, at least he has the royalties from the book to fall back on.

Oh wait...

image.png.c5e9540406ea3ba5ff354ac28734fddb.png

Loves a high Viz vest does Matt.

Pulp.gif

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Are you in Caroline Lucas's constituency? I'd vote for her if I was. 

Otherwise, I dunno. Maybe get Labour in and see if they drift toward the SM for next GE? Because realistically we are at least a decade away from thinking about the SM. In reality though, I'm afraid the longer we are out, the harder it will be to rejoin as we inevitably diverge and the EU federalise. I also just can't see any mechanism for SM access now, we're too big for a Norway type status. Even if all the EU countries were supportive (seems unlikely), I don't think the EU itself could countenance the democratic deficit such a position would cause to the population of the UK (oh the irony). And rejoining the EU without the rebate, accepting the euro and Schenghen? I'm not sure that will happen in my lifetime tbh. Makes me livid what these ciunts have done. 

I used to live on the same street as Caroline Lucas.  Little factoid for you all. Enjoy.

Edited by Holden McGroin

20 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Not sure if ex chairman of the young conservatives Nick Robinson would do that to a serving Tory cabinet minister but yeah, more please :good: 

Despite his past, I find Nick Robinson to be quite a fair robust interviewer. On R4 at least. Really enjoying the News Agents podcasst at the moment. Goodall, Soppel, and Maithis pull no punches on Johnson and the tories now they're free of the shackles of the beeb.  

• Like 4