Politics

Christmas Tree

So therefore what is causing the shift? To that constituency of voter why swing back to the Tories given what the LibDems have done?

Tend to agree with this from jonajuice...lots of people look at life pretty simplistically and go on personalities...I was on a course today with lots of my gurning one eyed collegues saying "urr Millibands a mong"..

Majority of voters not particularly interested in politics vote base on how well the leaders come across to them in the small soundbites/headlines rather than their actual policies/philosophies, which can be easiliy influenced by media/'narrative'.

Think LibDems gained a lot last time due to Clegg being seen as a fresh faced alternative rather than any actual improvement in Lib policies, and now he's seen as a weak willed lying turncoat, they're done with him and move onto whoever tick's their big brother popularity box, irrelevant to how close their new choice matches the policies they voted for last time.

Labour aren't left enough for Scotland or right enough (now) for middle Eng. Blair has fucked the party for the foreseeable future. Tories have huge machinery and money and huge swathes of bought and paid for media. Labour strategy should have been more edgy and more honest, but ultimately they haven't been a revolutionary force for quite some time - loaded as they are these days with career politicians and soft right Blair clones in steering committees. The right are rising throughout Europe and its primarily to do with fear.

Varafoukis was studying here during Thatcher days and he said that a Thatch win would teach the working class a lesson (first term).....

The left need a set piece to organise around...A grand gesture. Honestly they have no idea. :lol:

I mean the mind boggles that they didn't just come out and say they would get rid of tuition fees completely. Would have won on that alone.

Edited by Park Life

Well this is thoroughly depressing. A toxic combination of the power of the Tory media and the stupidity of the British public. Hard to see where Labour goes from here.

Might find themselves outstripped by UKIP in a decade if they can't reconnect with the common man.

The good news is travelling times between London and Burningjam will be cut by 15 minutes.

I hope Clegg loses his seat, the bellend. And if he doesn't I hope it fucking haunts him that he only won it because Tory voters needed to keep their stooge in place to secure a majority.