Politics

Christmas Tree

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

1. Fight fire with fire.

2. Did the BBC at any point make that clear, prior to taking it down?

3. Who cares, it's made the video even more visible.

Also, there’s a million miles between changing the name of your twitter account to look like a fact checking organisation (which is straight out of the Trump hand book) and individuals suggesting a news organisation deleted something because they have an agenda (not unreasonable given the way the BBC have been going on recently).

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Labour are now denying that he said this 

His answer doesn't make sense. It's like he thinks she was accusing him of being an anti-semite rather than Labour. Clearly there is anti-semitism in the Labour Party and for him to simply deny it is bizarre. But becoming defensive and seeing it as a personal attack is the best suggestion I have to rationalise his answer.

11 minutes ago, Alex said:

Also, there’s a million miles between changing the name of your twitter account to look like a fact checking organisation (which is straight out of the Trump hand book) and individuals suggesting a news organisation deleted something because they have an agenda (not unreasonable given the way the BBC have been going on recently).

yes, i agree it's not as cynical a move by momentum - i didn't imply otherwise. i just pointed out they were quick to try to establish a narrative, which many buy into, by implying BBC bias, before the beeb had the time/chance to respond as to why they took it down. 

There's no way that guy on the phone wanted to vote Lib Dem. He was just being a prick. At the same time Gyimah went onto a national phone in absolutely unprepared. Every politician doing media should have a pack in front of them with key figures and should know them inside out. 

The Tories have released a site titled "labourmanifesto.co.uk" full of disinformation about Labour's manifesto, and are paying for it to appear high up Google's search results as people look for the actual thing.

They've absolutely gone full Trump now. It's shameless. They've decided that in general, the population of the country is as cynical and coldhearted as they are, and they're just going for it.

7 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

How many more lies and U-turns on ideals can we stomach? There's still 3 weeks to fucking go!

Yep, 3 weeks before the last chance we get to save the country from becoming an absolute hellhole. And honestly, I'm not even sure I mean Brexit anymore. I'm starting to think that even as bad as leaving the EU might be, the Tories are now so openly shitting on poor people that they may in fact be worse than Brexit all on their own.

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yep, 3 weeks before the last chance we get to save the country from becoming an absolute hellhole. And honestly, I'm not even sure I mean Brexit anymore. I'm starting to think that even as bad as leaving the EU might be, the Tories are now so openly shitting on poor people that they may in fact be worse than Brexit all on their own.

That appearance by Boris near the Transporter bridge yesterday was embarrassing like, they definitely paid that working class, overall clad smoggy to say he was voting Tory.

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

yes, i agree it's not as cynical a move by momentum - i didn't imply otherwise. i just pointed out they were quick to try to establish a narrative, which many buy into, by implying BBC bias, before the beeb had the time/chance to respond as to why they took it down. 

Don’t remember referring to you. Obviously a guilty conscience 

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Not only did he not say it, he didn't "bellow" it as the article originally stated. 

Oh for fucks sake, seriously? The utter bastards.

I've tried to be way more restrained on the press in recent months but seriously this is getting ridiculous now.

Edited by Rayvin