Politics

Christmas Tree

That Gove interview though. I don't understand how we've got to the point where this utter shambles is acceptable now. I actually miss Cameron's Tory party, something I could never have believed a few years ago.

The Tories are genuinely Trumpian.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Aye but given that she's Jewish I can understand why she's focussing on the anti-semitism angle. Though she has been pushing it a bit too hard and that tshirt was a very bad idea.

The timing makes it an endorsement of Johnson whatever she claims tbh

15 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

calling someone a liar is editorialising, isn't it? is it the BBC's job, as the impartial broadcaster, to assert that johnson is a liar, or to continue to report the lies that he tells and to let the public come to their own conclusions about his character? 

I suppose it depends. Do they, elsewhere, call people murderers - instead of people convicted of murder. Or terrorists instead of 'people who committed acts of terror'? If they're consistent, I'll happily accept that argument.

9 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It would be if they were impartial. 

i get why people question the bbc's impartiality when it gives disproportionate platform to the like of Farage. i believe its news reporting is absolutely impartial.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I suppose it depends. Do they, elsewhere, call people murderers - instead of people convicted of murder. Or terrorists instead of 'people who committed acts of terror'? If they're consistent, I'll happily accept that argument.

one for david jordan

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i get why people question the bbc's impartiality when it gives disproportionate platform to the like of Farage. i believe its news reporting is absolutely impartial.

That’s the problem though- by giving Farage and his ilk more air than other non-cunts of similar political size/importance, they’re not being impartial, are they? 

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That’s the problem though- by giving Farage and his ilk more air than other non-cunts of similar political size/importance, they’re not being impartial, are they? 

the bbc gets slaughtered in some quarters for its liberal-left bias -particularly for its array of leftie comedy panel shows, for example.

i think the fact that it is under attack from all sides of the political spectrum suggests it generally get it about right. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the bbc gets slaughtered in some quarters for its liberal-left bias -particularly for its array of leftie comedy panel shows, for example.

i think the fact that it is under attack from all sides of the political spectrum suggests it generally get it about right. 

I've accepted this line for some time, but it's becoming clear to me that actually, those saying it on the right wing are absolute fruitcakes who struggle to summon up a rational thought more than once or twice per day. They "opinion" isn't worth the same as someone who isn't a total cretin.

As such, I think we may now be reaching a point where it would be useful to actually see the BBC demonstrating any semblance of pro-left bias. Because the pro-right bias, as is often pointed out, is fairly hard to ignore.