Politics

Christmas Tree

12 hours ago, ewerk said:

On that Phillips exit poll reaction. It was clearly a laugh of bemusement rather than amusement. If you honestly think she was delighted at a massive Tory victory then you’ve been spending too much time with the Corbyn cult.

She isn’t the best candidate though. She’s everything her supporters in this thread have said but that doesn’t necessarily make a good leader. People might like what they see with her: relatable, common, takes no shit etc. but when it comes to who the public is want as PM then I think they want even a veneer of finesse. More of a Blair than a Prescott.

Deputy leader would be perfect for her and would give her time to work on her image and gain experience of shadow cabinet.

https://youtu.be/KEcu4Hha5Us

“It’s totally devastating”

”it feels like a kick in the stomach”

“I feel emotional about the people who the Labour Party was invented for who feel like they weren’t listened to”

heartless bitch

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Sorry like, are people genuinely watching that clip and trying to claim that she was enjoying the result? It's no wonder the Labour Party is fucked if that's the case. 

Same people who think Corbyn and his manifesto weren’t amongst the biggest issues presumably 

16 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

“It’s totally devastating”

”it feels like a kick in the stomach”

“I feel emotional about the people who the Labour Party was invented for who feel like they weren’t listened to”

heartless bitch

:lol: She's comes across like an arsey GP receptionist man

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Haha 1

Fwiw, I disagree with making the case for rejoining - unless we had a couple of years of no deal end of days stuff - I think we have to accept it’s done. But I love how she doesn’t give a fuck and just says what she thinks 

Given the hordes in this country would convince themselves black is white if Facebook tells them it is, I'm not sure how that line is going to sell any better than Corbyn's EU standpoint. There could be houses on fire on every street corner and idiots would smile about their blue passports and "taking back control"

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Fwiw, I disagree with making the case for rejoining - unless we had a couple of years of no deal end of days stuff - I think we have to accept it’s done. But I love how she doesn’t give a fuck and just says what she thinks 

:lol: 

9 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Given the hordes in this country would convince themselves black is white if Facebook tells them it is, I'm not sure how that line is going to sell any better than Corbyn's EU standpoint. There could be houses on fire on every street corner and idiots would smile about their blue passports and "taking back control"

I think voters are ready for politicians who don’t speak like politicians. She’s a breath of fresh air in that sense. Even if she doesn’t win, I expect her to get a front bench position, unless the membership is stupid enough to go for one of corbyn’s unelectable continuity candidates