Politics

Christmas Tree

Whoever was responsible for turning the past few weeks into an argument about Fawlty Towers and League of Gentlemen, so that deleting a few TV episodes became the change that the world needed to see, has done a very, very good job. 

Magic the gathering has started banning cards :lol:

"Destroy all non-white creatures" is now gone. "Destroy all black creatures" is gone. 

These are factions ffs. There are black and white people in each faction. Creatures is not the same as 'race'.

Honestly I find this particular development so absurd it's funny. It'll completely break the game though.

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Magic the gathering has started banning cards :lol:

"Destroy all non-white creatures" is now gone. "Destroy all black creatures" is gone. 

These are factions ffs. There are black and white people in each faction. Creatures is not the same as 'race'.

Honestly I find this particular development so absurd it's funny. It'll completely break the game though.

Are you having a stroke? I didn’t follow a word of that.

They have been contorting themselves for years to try to appear morally righteous.

And recently released a box of 5 (FIVE) playing cards for around £200.   :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You're better off that way tbh. It's just a card game that has 5 colours representing different factions. On certain cards, certain commands are now racist. Intriguingly they're not racist everywhere, just on cards that you could, if you swapped the meaning of 'faction' with that of 'race', claim were advocating a genocide of black people.

Cards that do the same the other way around are apparently fine. Cards which have negative, colour based targeting but which don't destroy things are... fine.

I actually now believed WotC, the guys who make it, are racist as fuck. You'd actually have to be in order to think of half of the things they've banned as racist.

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I didn't want to be rude but I thought he'd either joined a cult or been on the Moroccan woodbines this morning :D

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

You're better off that way tbh. It's just a card game that has 5 colours representing different factions. On certain cards, certain commands are now racist. Intriguingly they're not racist everywhere, just on cards that you could, if you swapped the meaning of 'faction' with that of 'race', claim were advocating a genocide of black people.

Cards that do the same the other way around are apparently fine. Cards which have negative, colour based targeting but which don't destroy things are... fine.

I actually now believed WotC, the guys who make it, are racist as fuck. You'd actually have to be in order to think of half of the things they've banned as racist.

One of the cards does have a KKK looking dude on it tbf.

1 minute ago, trophyshy said:

One of the cards does have a KKK looking dude on it tbf.

I wouldn't disagree with all of them, some are old as fuck. "Stone throwing devils" is one I struggled with until a friend mentioned that this is actually an Islamic cultural thing with some kind of wall somewhere so... yeah that actually is racist. Severely racist. Can't get on board with the board sweeps being racist though. 

10 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I wouldn't disagree with all of them, some are old as fuck. "Stone throwing devils" is one I struggled with until a friend mentioned that this is actually an Islamic cultural thing with some kind of wall somewhere so... yeah that actually is racist. Severely racist. Can't get on board with the board sweeps being racist though. 

Wouldn’t it be  Islamophobic as opposed to racist? 

4 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Is the initiation ceremony for “Magic the Gathering” having your virginity re installed and your balls raised?

You can't shame me with such toxic masculinity driven insults ;)

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Is the initiation ceremony for “Magic the Gathering” having your virginity re installed and your balls raised?

You’re assuming any of these geeks lost it in the first place.

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Star Realms and Mystic Vale are so far unaffected (great games btw, I cannot be shamed on this matter so don't even try). 

Shame GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 2