Holidays 2015

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You been to the Duddon Valley/Western Lakes?

Usually much less busy than Central/Northen lakes.

Might be worth mentioning that you should go via the west coast rather than over Hardknott and Wrynose Pass, Meenz, if you've barely driven in the last 14 years. :lol:

:lol:

Nah, Hardknott or not at all.

Took the bairn to the L'al Ratty railway on the west coast when we staying in Elterwater last year or the year before. It's an amazing drive but my lass was shitting her pants. Amazing view of the Isle of Man at the top.

:D I've been looking at the western side because we're staying near Elterwater/Skelwith Bridge for three days so it wouldn't be a huge leap for a day trip. Starting to have second thoughts now though. ;)

Did Mako get banned then?

i reckon he must have. bit harsh if so.

thompers was banned again though recently, wasn't he? also harshly i thought. but like k billy's super sounds of the 70s, he just keeps on truckin.

:D I've been looking at the western side because we're staying near Elterwater/Skelwith Bridge for three days so it wouldn't be a huge leap for a day trip. Starting to have second thoughts now though. ;)

300px-Hardknott_climb.JPG

Piece of piss ;)

Edited by Alex

Meenz, if you approach Hardknott from the west it's a piece of piss. There's the roman fort 2/3s of the way up, and I'm pretty sure you can turn around at the top.

The really steep shit is all on the eastern side.

Me and Mrs.F. spent part of our honeymoon on the little village at the western side. Boot.

You can also dodge the pass altogether by taking a route south of it,which is a fantastic drive in itself.

Muncaster Castle is a decent place to pass a few hours if you tire of hills, and sheep, and hills, and sheep, and......

Aye.

Round the coast and onto the dinky railway if we do it at all, I think. :lol:

I can remember when I was approaching that bit, thinking to myself "that can't be the fucking road, surely" :lol:

i reckon he must have. bit harsh if so.

thompers was banned again though recently, wasn't he? also harshly i thought. but like k billy's super sounds of the 70s, he just keeps on truckin.

Mako wasn't/isn't banned as far as I'm aware.

Possibly just bored himself to death.

I can remember when I was approaching that bit, thinking to myself "that can't be the fucking road, surely" :lol:

Some absolute fuckwit was attempting it in an Astra van, fully laden with engine parts once when we were heading up it.

Naturally, the knacker didn't make it, and totally panicked reversing, went off the road and abandoned ship.

:lol: fucking hilarious.

Some absolute fuckwit was attempting it in an Astra van, fully laden with engine parts once when we were heading up it.

Naturally, the knacker didn't make it, and totally panicked reversing, went off the road and abandoned ship.

:lol: fucking hilarious.

I just booked a weekend in Amsterdam for our lasses birthday. Mainly cos I couldn't think of fuck all else to get her.

Used airbnb, used it in Paris and Copenhagen before and its class.